Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

The Hutch trial

The burning issues of the day
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: The Hutch trial

Post by Del.Monte »

kadman wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:31 pm In other words the guards can do whatever they want to get a conviction, and the courts will play along with it.
The guards acted in good faith seems to allow a lot of breaches of constitutional rights in this case. Its a scandal to allow this.
This is where I come from. :mrgreen:

'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:23 pm This is where I come from. :mrgreen:

Maybe you have more in common with Putin than you realise. This forum has numerous references to democracy and justice, and here we are ready to forget all that, and have judicial custodians bend the law, or in this case totally disregard it.

What then separates those criminals and us.
We truly are on the road to a lost civilized society. I would have thought the presumption of innocence was a cornerstone of due process.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Perhaps I do, I am sick and tired of people like the Hutch and Kinahan gangs running wild and if I had my way I'd use the army against them. Democracy always fails when democratically elected politicians let things get out of control in the way that they are currently here.
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Well if you have no faith in politicians, then its time to pic new ones, and stop voting for the same old guard.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

kadman wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:57 pm Well if you have no faith in politicians, then its time to pic new ones, and stop voting for the same old guard.
It's a long time since I voted for the 'old guard'. I haven't voted for any of the mainstream parties for decades (FF once after I left school because I liked "Arise and Follow Charlie" and genetically I cannot vote SF. :mrgreen:
In the past I would always have voted for the Greens even if they selected a lamp post rather than a human but since they are now more interested in bicycles and social engineering I am effectively disenfranchised. I'll have to live with it - shure they even left me off the census this year - that's an omen.

'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:48 pm It's a long time since I voted for the 'old guard'. I haven't voted for any of the mainstream parties for decades (FF once after I left school because I liked "Arise and Follow Charlie" and genetically I cannot vote SF. :mrgreen:
In the past I would always have voted for the Greens even if they selected a lamp post rather than a human but since they are now more interested in bicycles and social engineering I am effectively disenfranchised. I'll have to live with it - shure they even left me off the census this year - that's an omen.

I'm sure me darling Mary Lou will welcome you into the fold with all the new youthful shinners :mrgreen:
KHD

Post by KHD »

I thought I'd never have to hear that bloody song again. :D
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

kadman wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:50 pm Maybe you have more in common with Putin than you realise. This forum has numerous references to democracy and justice, and here we are ready to forget all that, and have judicial custodians bend the law, or in this case totally disregard it.

What then separates those criminals and us.
We truly are on the road to a lost civilized society. I would have thought the presumption of innocence was a cornerstone of due process.
Free speech is the right upon which all other rights are built upon and look how that’s going! Due process… ha! They laugh at such a thing.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

This thing is gonna end up with state paying compensation to the monk,and forking out witness protection costs for an unemployable lier
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

https://m.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/ ... 29752.html

This is embarrassing and farcical, for all concerned now
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

They don't have any real evidence on Hutch only Dowdall's testimony and if it was a jury his evidence would be thrown out
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Just listened to the Paul Healy questions and answers podcast and something interesting was discussed. In order to be extradited you can only be facing a charge, you cannot be extradited to face questioning. Therefore the Gardai had no choice but to press charges against Hutch, meaning they could never question him unlike cases here where someone is first brought in for questioning then charged.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Some interesting queries to be answered....perhaps it's a reason as to why the gaurds are deliberately avoiding policing these immigration protests,to bury it with more nonsense🤔
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Judgement being given now
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Some pretty damning comments from the judge too

Post by 678904673 »

A victory for justice
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Happy Days wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:49 pm A victory for justice
Who's going to be wasted as a result of this nonsense?

'no more blah blah blah'
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

A big fcuk up for Gardai, they charged him with the wrong crime.

In order to extradite him from Spain they had to charge him with murder, they could not extradite him for questioning like they would normally had he been arrested here. They failed to find any evidence.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:00 pm A big fcuk up for Gardai, they charged him with the wrong crime.

In order to extradite him from Spain they had to charge him with murder, they could not extradite him for questioning like they would normally had he been arrested here. They failed to find any evidence.
Begs the Qs,before dowdall turned informer,what exact evidence did the DPP have to charge hutch with initially

You'd have to imagine several senior gaurds and prosecutors careers should be in tatters after that fiasco.....I don't for a second think hutch is a saint,but someone should surely have shouted stop before this made it in the doors of court
Calahonda52
Verified Username

Post by Calahonda52 »

maybe dowdall used it as a way to get witness protection, if his evidence stuck fine, if not, he was still getting WP it looks if he fcuked them over re the WP
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Calahonda52 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:58 pm maybe dowdall used it as a way to get witness protection, if his evidence stuck fine, if not, he was still getting WP it looks if he fcuked them over re the WP
Yes of course he did but how the fcuk did this ever make it to trial, remember the DDP decided there was a case against Hutch before Dowdall agreed to testify against him
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

More biased reporting by McCullagh on RTE, the company that employed a paedophile and clearly didn't vet him. Have they ever asked anyone in Fine Gael about having a man who sexually assaulted someone in the Seanad?
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

I heard a reporter on the radio yesterday in an interview on Matt Cooper praising this as a victory, saying it's a win as he can no longer live in Ireland and has to run to hide in Spain. He was in Spain before they got him arrested and brought back to face this trial!! Oh the ironing!
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

I see how the government and media are using Dowdall as a massive stick to hit Sinn Fein with. And rightly so . . He is a lying scumbucket.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Apelles wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:18 am I see how the government and media are using Dowdall as a massive stick to hit Sinn Fein with. And rightly so . . He is a lying scumbucket.
Being a lying scumbucket,is nearly a requirement to be a politian in Ireland at this stage :lol: :lol:

To think the state will have to pay to keep that clown safe in witness protection for next 40 years or so,is difficult to justify