Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Harry & Meghan

The burning issues of the day
schmittel
Verified Username

Harry & Meghan

Post by schmittel »

Couldn't find a dedicated thread, so here we are to watch this car crash unfold.

Haven't watched the Netflix documentary, as everything I've read says it is more of the same "poor us" without any major revelations, if there is a bombshell in the next instalment I might watch it.

Just wondering how this will play out longer term. It seems like Harry and Meghan are intent on killing the golden goose.

The interest factor in them is the royalty angle, but there is only so long that interest can be maintained with "Being a prince/prince's wife is not all it's cracked up to be, it's actually horrific"

When that wanes there is nothing really else to them. Doesn't seem likely they'll be welcomed back as working royals to restore the interest factor.

It all seems a bit like the crescendo of Big Brotheresque TV. Huge public interest in the celebrity of the day but ultimately they fade into obscurity once the moment passes.

I reckon in two or three years time the rest of the royals will still be hugely popular and Harry and Meghan will be has beens reduced to chasing every meagre dollar in appearance fees for ever increasingly humiliating non entity events.
isha
Verified Username

Re: Harry & Meghan

Post by isha »

I don't know if you have seen the clip where Meghan does the bow imitation - to be honest it comes across as very petty, and Harry doesn't look that comfortable with it.
Honestly I know very little about them. Though I do suspect they may not have been treated all that well by the Family.

They seem a bit annoying. Imagine if Meghan ran for US President?
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

isha wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:01 pm I don't know if you have seen the clip where Meghan does the bow imitation - to be honest it comes across as very petty, and Harry doesn't look that comfortable with it.
Honestly I know very little about them. Though I do suspect they may not have been treated all that well by the Family.

They seem a bit annoying. Imagine if Meghan ran for US President?
Yep, I saw that clip and agree Harry does not look impressed. By all accounts he was very close to the Queen, I guess it must be a bit uncomfortable watching your wife mock her, which is essentially what was happening.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

She always reminds me of Lewis Hamilton for some reason.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Mirabeau wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:36 am She always reminds me of Lewis Hamilton for some reason.
I can see it - mixed race and blames every single criticism on that, semi-talented, fecking pox. Could be twins.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

schmittel wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:05 pm Yep, I saw that clip and agree Harry does not look impressed. By all accounts he was very close to the Queen, I guess it must be a bit uncomfortable watching your wife mock her, which is essentially what was happening.
Seen the coverage of the other three clips - the whiny ginger bollocked halfwit has thrown his last dummy out of his pram and slagged off William, Charles even the late Queen.

A thoroughly horrible nasty child he is - him and the bitch who abandoned her poor father are made for each other.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

So one of Meghan's complaints was:
"To my understanding, you could never wear the same color as Her Majesty if there's a group event, but then you also shouldn't be wearing the same color as one of the other more senior members of the family,"
When I first heard this, I wondered why would you moan about this, I think that it seems reasonable enough that they might consult each other prior to a group event given that they know they will all be photographed so it would look a bit odd if they were all to wear the same colour.

By strange coincidence we have a timely example of how odd it does indeed look when many of them wear the same colour, as a number of them decided to wear burgundy on Thursday evening for the Christmas carol concert.
3760.jpeg
3760.jpeg (59.27 KiB) Viewed 934 times

Mike Tindall also wore a burgundy tie, as did Kate Middleton's father and brother in law.

What are the chances?!
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

We were (half) joking this morning about the many people in the UK huddled in semi-heated homes hoping the electricity wouldn't cut out so they could watch Harry and Meghan in tears about how tough they had it.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

I don't understand why so many people, especially in Ireland, are so engrossed in this. I'm a republican, in the true sense, not in the SF/IRA sense. in that I believe the people are sovereign and that hereditary monarchy is a travesty of injustice.
I don't have any animosity towards the Royal family, I thought Queen Elizabeth 2 was a credit to the nation and an example of dedication far beyond what was required of her but when I hear all the whingeing from Harry and Meghan, it makes me want to lead the revolution.
This is a guy who was born into privilege and has never wanted for anything in his whole life, courtesy of the British tax payer. He moaned about the house that was provided for him by the same taxpayers, many of whom can't afford to house themselves, he immediately played the race card when Meghan wouldn't conform to the Royal traditions, the very thing that keeps the Royal family where it is, and now he is taking the thirty pieces of silver to sell his family down the river. Not so long ago, the pair of them would be left to rot in the Tower of London, but today, thanks to the democracy that exists, they are allowed to commit treason with impunity. Well fcukit, I don't want to hear about it.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Unlike marhay70 I am an unashamed monarchist but I am in complete agreement with him regarding Harry & Meghan. Two very entitled people who couldn't hack it and I wish they would now sail off into the sunset. Just go away, please!
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Jeremy Clarkson sounds like he has taken leave of his senses. This diatribe is bizarre and vile. How to do these kinds of people rise to their positions in the media.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20782114/ ... ies-truth/
20221218_114828.jpg
20221218_114828.jpg (245.84 KiB) Viewed 896 times
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

isha wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:53 am Jeremy Clarkson sounds like he has taken leave of his senses. This diatribe is bizarre and vile. How to do these kinds of people rise to their positions in the media.

20221218_114828.jpg
He knows what he is doing and is good at his gimmick - that is why he is successful.

He is offering his opinion in an opinion piece.
Nothing wrong with that.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Makes a living out of saying horrible things. Bow down to the cult of the celebrities. Yuck.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

isha wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:05 pm Makes a living out of saying horrible things. Bow down to the cult of the celebrities. Yuck.
You have something to say to me?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:53 am Jeremy Clarkson sounds like he has taken leave of his senses. This diatribe is bizarre and vile. How to do these kinds of people rise to their positions in the media.

20221218_114828.jpg
It’s from Game of Thrones.

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Can't stand Clarkson but I can't see much wrong in that piece and I think it's a fairly good summary of the Harry & Meghan farce. They have their money made and should feck off into the sunset.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Fantasising about a woman you hate ( even more than Rose West!) being driven down public streets naked while the masses throw shit at her is despicable. I don't have a particularly fond feeling for Meghan but that is way past being a civilised human being. It's rotten.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

isha wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:48 pm Fantasising about a woman you hate ( even more than Rose West!) being driven down public streets naked while the masses throw shit at her is despicable. I don't have a particularly fond feeling for Meghan but that is way past being a civilised human being. It's rotten.
I have to confess that I didn't notice the 'excrement' bit when I was speeding through the original piece - too busy betting like a lunatic today. Says more about Clarkson than anything else - despicable b......x and I always thought that. He's another who has his money made and would that he would also feck off into the sunset.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I'm just gobsmacked at how disgusting it is. I see Mr Clarksons daughter has posted on her social media that she stands against everything her father has written in this instance. But there are others involved. The editor of the Sun, a woman, also allowed this atrocity to be published. I am presuming there will be abject apologies to follow.

Genuinely I'm not pushed about Meghan and Harry - they don't seem to be very pleasant. But there are ways to make ones dislike known. Those words are just awful. I have not watched Game of Thrones, and I see it's a punishment that was meted out in it to a leading female role. I'm sure it was used as a device in the film because it carries such a heavy vibe.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

And just to further top up the story (which has certainly used up at least 20 years of my possible future interest in royal family doings) Clarkson had a fancy lunch with and paid for on the same day he published that...by Camilla, the Queen consort.

Edited lunch not same day, couple of days earlier.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:07 pm I'm just gobsmacked at how disgusting it is. I see Mr Clarksons daughter has posted on her social media that she stands against everything her father has written in this instance. But there are others involved. The editor of the Sun, a woman, also allowed this atrocity to be published. I am presuming there will be abject apologies to follow.

Genuinely I'm not pushed about Meghan and Harry - they don't seem to be very pleasant. But there are ways to make ones dislike known. Those words are just awful. I have not watched Game of Thrones, and I see it's a punishment that was meted out in it to a leading female role. I'm sure it was used as a device in the film because it carries such a heavy vibe.
Do you now or have you ever fell for any of Me-gain’s blatant lies and manipulations???

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Plenty of people, including famous people, lie and manipulate. I don't think any of them should be driven naked through public streets having excrement thrown at them by baying mobs. If that makes me a weird square, I own it.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

Clarkson has his gimmick - loudmouth laddish roast beef.
Megan has hers - poor lil victim of the roast beefs.
They are both play-acting to get paid, and are getting paid.
Picking sides in this is so stupid.
The outrage is being put in the wrong places.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

isha wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:49 pm Plenty of people, including famous people, lie and manipulate. I don't think any of them should be driven naked through public streets having excrement thrown at them by baying mobs. If that makes me a weird square, I own it.
With the possible exception of Putin, Trump, the North Korean whack job, whatever mullah is now running Iran, the Saudi Crown Prince, the entire Chinese politburo.........
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:11 pm With the possible exception of Putin, Trump, the North Korean whack job, whatever mullah is now running Iran, the Saudi Crown Prince, the entire Chinese politburo.........
Those named have killed many people by their actions - and you can include other US and global Presidents and Prime Minister in the killers list. They have killed on despotic scales. There's just no comparison.