Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Harry & Meghan

The burning issues of the day
marhay70

Re: Harry & Meghan

Post by marhay70 »

i see Harry and Meghan are now demanding an apology from the Royal Family for the comments by Lady Susan Hussey to Ngozi Fulani, this even though an apology was already given by Lady Susan and accepted by Ngozi. Using a situation that didn't directly affect them, to stir more shit.
Personally I don't really see what was was wrong with the question asked, and it is accepted that it was just curiosity rather than a slight on black people, I seem to remember Prince Philip asking a similar question many years back without it causing a national scandal. I could imagine it being asked of many people every day without generating a strop. Some people just live to be offended and the race card is justification for this.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The leaks from Harry's autobiography Spare seem a bit cringe. Although I suppose one could be generous and say they are radical and brave as literary choices. Take your pick. So far I know

William grappled with Harry, broke his necklace, and landed him heavily on top of the dog bowl which broke, and thus bruised Harold

Harry had a somewhat frostbit todger at William and Kate's wedding because of his recent long trek in icy places I can't remember.

He lost his virginity at 17, to an older woman, in the field behind a pub. She used him like a stallion, he writes. Liz Hurley has denied being involved.

He killed about 25 Taliban. Didn't think of them as people but rather as chess pieces to be taken off the board.

Rather young, he took magic mushrooms and talked to a bin.

He has used coke.

He has talked to his mother via psychic mediums.

Some of it seems whiny but maybe he is just being very honest, which I suppose is what autobiography should be about. I dunno.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

marhay70 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:08 pm i see Harry and Meghan are now demanding an apology from the Royal Family for the comments by Lady Susan Hussey to Ngozi Fulani, this even though an apology was already given by Lady Susan and accepted by Ngozi. Using a situation that didn't directly affect them, to stir more shit.
Personally I don't really see what was was wrong with the question asked, and it is accepted that it was just curiosity rather than a slight on black people, I seem to remember Prince Philip asking a similar question many years back without it causing a national scandal. I could imagine it being asked of many people every day without generating a strop. Some people just live to be offended and the race card is justification for this.
I have an English accent as I was brought up there, I'm Irish, of Irish stock. I have lost count of how many times during the Six Nations "you did well!!" - "No, we lost to Wales" - "you're English though ??" NO!!

Is it racism ? No of course not!!

This grifter changed her name to an African one (she is Caribbean by decent), and wore African tribal clothes at a charity event for African women (who by the way specifically says "no white women" - you can be white and African!!

THAT is racism!!

And as for Harry - lost any respect I had for him, absolute tool.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

What ever happened to not washing your dirty linen in public. Harry comes across as a complete buffoon who has been at the magic mushrooms a lot more than once, as for the American gold digger. Just go away.
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Using "Spare" as the title of the book smacks to me of a chip the size of an oak tree.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

marhay70 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:54 am Using "Spare" as the title of the book smacks to me of a chip the size of an oak tree.
Oh absolutely!! I'd say its 80% bollocks, 10% misunderstanding and 10% Meghan!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Maybe it has a subtitle - Us The Details 😁
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

The book is being "discussed" on Joe Duffy.

I don't know what's worse, Joe Duffy Show or listening about Harry & Meghan.....
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Listened to part of Harry's interview, as much as I could stomach anyway. It seems he is intent on destroying the Royal family, forgetting, of course, that if he hadn't been a Royal prince, he would be just another ginger dickhead who Meghan Markle wouldn't p*** on if he was on fire . Not would the gutter press be paying him millions to stir the shit.
I wouldn't be a big fan of Royalty but I'd be an even lesser fan of jumped up ingrates who forget just how privileged they are.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Harry is classic case of 'just because you're paranoid, does not mean they're not out to get you'.
'no more blah blah blah'
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Some dopey Yank - Bonnie Greer - on tonight's Drivetime is very exercised about what the British are going to do about the monarchy in the light of the ongoing Harry/Meghen circus. "What are they going to do?" she shrilled several times ....Sarah explained to her that nothing is going to be done as Harry has let the team down...I paraphrase. Hard to believe this disloyal dope was awarded an OBE ! Time she was stripped of it and sent packing along with Harry and Meghen. :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:08 pm Some dopey Yank - Bonnie Greer - on tonight's Drivetime is very exercised about what the British are going to do about the monarchy in the light of the ongoing Harry/Meghen circus. "What are they going to do?" she shrilled several times ....Sarah explained to her that nothing is going to be done as Harry has let the team down...I paraphrase. Hard to believe this disloyal dope was awarded an OBE ! Time she was stripped of it and sent packing along with Harry and Meghen. :roll:
Bonnie Green - described on TV as a “playwright” - because “race baiting grifter” is too long to fit on screen.

Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

Harry is a freeloading parasite, if it weren't for privileged birthright nobody would be conscious of his "struggles". Falling out with extended family over facial hair, who gives a solitary damn. He can conduct these "exposés" to pad income, in the end Harry is the embodiment of a waster lacking the self-awareness to preserve shallow dignity.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Berties_Horse wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:22 pm Harry is a freeloading parasite, if it weren't for privileged birthright nobody would be conscious of his "struggles". Falling out with extended family over facial hair, who gives a solitary damn. He can conduct these "exposés" to pad income, in the end Harry is the embodiment of a waster lacking the self-awareness to preserve shallow dignity.
Most accurate review of his book ever - if he had the nous he thinks he had that would be the foreword!!!

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

If you are not one of the 1.4 million people who bought Spare on the first day of sale, you are missing out on fond memories such as this....

marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

isha wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:01 am If you are not one of the 1.4 million people who bought Spare on the first day of sale, you are missing out on fond memories such as this....

Maybe this is a metaphor, what if Elizabeth Arden was the older woman in the field behind the pub?
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

The more I hear and read about the whole situation, the more I'd wish they just fecked off and stopped all the "LOOK AT ME!!!!" shouting.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

I love it. It's family troubles laid bare for the world to see which is very sad and unnecessary but I find it fascinating to observe.

Harry is so hurt and angry and he really needs a good therapist. All of the mud slinging is just awful. It must have been strange for him growing up and feeling 'spare'. While that was his reality and that of those before and after him I wonder how it was all managed by the adults. Is Harry railing against his family position of was he made feel less than due to behaviours and comments made? Both are quite different. The former makes me want to give him a kick in the bum and the latter has me wanting to hug him.

Either way here he is today struggling. I wonder has he considered the possibility that those struggles are also to do with having Diana as a mother? It's all about being the 'spare' and the dastardly royals. Diana was troubled and might not have been the constant steadying presence needed in a mother.

I don't believe him or Meghan are telling lies but seeing things through their own experiences and taking offence when it wasn't warranted. William and Kate are whole people too with their own stuff. William in particular is no doubt a tricky enough character and sure Charles bless him is very much a young boy deep inside. Much like his sons.