Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Paul Pelosi attack and the weirdness of it all

The burning issues of the day
knownunknown

Paul Pelosi attack and the weirdness of it all

Post by knownunknown »

There was an attack on the husband of the former speaker of the house in the US, Paul Pelosi recently in his home by a man named David DePape with a hammer. I posted a few times about it in the general chat thread but now it might deserve its own thread.

What has emerged as interesting is how this story has changed so many times since it was reported and reporters have been suspended for ‘misinformation’ from high profile publications. It’s like the Hunter Biden laptop story, slightly interesting in and of itself but how the story was treated turned out to be the story.

Something similar is happening here, the footage was played in court but has not been released despite promising to do so. They’re trying to paint the guy as a far right guy but all the facts suggest otherwise.

knownunknown

Re: Paul Pelosi attack and the weirdness of it all

Post by knownunknown »

The footage has been released and vindicates the nbc reporter(Miguel Almaguer, )who was suspended for reporting ‘misinformation’.

They were fighting for this not to be released stating it would lead to misinformation but now that it has been it has cleared everything up.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/p ... li=BBnb7Kz
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's odd alright. Released at the same time as the terrible Memphis footage. Pelosi in a shirt, properly buttoned up, holding a can of drink, and the end of the hammer (so who opened the door?) And him saying How ya doing to the police. Grinning. Looking fairly wasted too. Ah well. Nothing to see here.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

I admit to not following this...but it seems a narrative that was allowed develop,has exposed alot of commentators as bullshit artists.....ya love to see it really :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

I watched that footage. This is one of those situations where you'd have thought the police would have their weapons drawn and ready, or would have done so as soon as they saw the intruder holding the hammer.

That guy should have been dead before he hit the ground, or at minimum tased before he had a chance to swing at an old man with a hammer, while standing face to face with police officers.

IDGAF about American politics, celebrity or whatever. A guy breaks into an old mans home and somehow managed to seriously assault him, while standing right there in front of armed police officers. As far as I'm concerned the only person not in the wrong in this whole situation is Mr. Pelosi.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

JayZeus wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:55 pm As far as I'm concerned the only person not in the wrong in this whole situation is Mr. Pelosi.
I can’t believe how bad that 911 operator was. It was clear as day what Pelosi was saying given the context but she failed to get it even after several attempts.
Setanta wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:36 pm I admit to not following this...but it seems a narrative that was allowed develop,has exposed alot of commentators as bullshit artists.....ya love to see it really :lol: :lol: :lol:
I got a lot of this story wrong, things I speculated about in the general affairs chat thread.
The funny thing is if all this footage and audio was released sooner than there wouldn’t have been any misinformation at all floating about.
”The San Francisco Superior Court released the video and call alongside other evidence after a coalition of news organizations argued they should be made public. Prosecutors had declined to release the video to the media out of concern it could be manipulated to spread false information”
Actually withholding the information caused more misinformation and releasing everything is what cleared things up.