Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Hospitals Crisis

The burning issues of the day
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Hospitals Crisis

Post by Del.Monte »

The more I listen to what's going on, or not going on, in the HSE/Health Service/A&E, I just can't get my head round it. When is that fool Stephen Donnelly going to get fired? He has had no grasp of his Department since being appointed and staggers from one fiasco to another. He is either somebody's love child or know where all the bodies are buried. The Health Service is near to collapse but he doesn't seem to appreciate the gravity of the situation. Someone like Phil Ni Sheaghdha from The Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation should be given the gig - she couldn't make things any worse.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Re: Hospitals Crisis

Post by isha »

It's unbelievable the state of things.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:51 pm The more I listen to what's going on, or not going on, in the HSE/Health Service/A&E, I just can't get my head round it. When is that fool Stephen Donnelly going to get fired? He has had no grasp of his Department since being appointed and staggers from one fiasco to another. He is either somebody's love child or know where all the bodies are buried. The Health Service is near to collapse but he doesn't seem to appreciate the gravity of the situation. Someone like Phil Ni Sheaghdha from The Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation should be given the gig - she couldn't make things any worse.
He gives me the creeps - looks the image of my former boss whos bullying almost drove me to suicide.

He was a useless fcking bellend promoted above his meagre abilities too.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:55 pm He gives me the creeps - looks the image of my former boss whos bullying almost drove me to suicide.

He was a useless fcking bellend promoted above his meagre abilities too.
I think there's an awful lot promoted way above their abilities. I'd start the process by firing the senior manglement in Limerick.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I clicked straight from this post to RTE where I was greeted by this image and headline. Biggest ever collection of funds by state for the Irish Exchequer. Somehow it's sickening because I can guarantee these two grinning Cheshire cats will never be sitting for hours on a plastic seat in an A & E.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2023/0 ... x-in-2022/
001d1568-500.jpg
001d1568-500.jpg (20.61 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

The problem Isha is not money. Don't forget that per Capita, we have one of the highest spend on health. The issue is gross mis-management and no consequences for the poor mis-management.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

You only have to compare what is coming out of the mouths of frontline workers and compare it to the mealy mouthed words from the useless politicians. Yesterday there was uproar on the broadcast media and I heard the SF Health spokesman, David Cullinane, being interviewed and he couldn't even manage to land a hit on the open goal. If the hospitals were a country there would be blood on the street and a lot of politicians and administrators would be hanging from lamp posts.
'no more blah blah blah'
quodec

Post by quodec »

As the ambulance spokesperson said on radio this morning, to paraphrase - every year around this time, I'm on the radio highlighting the crisis in the hospitals with ambulances parked outside them/not enough beds etc etc. It NEVER changes!!!!
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

The sooner people realise the Irish government hate the Irish people the better. All that is of concern is pack as many yahoos into the country and what ever that groomer of a Gormon is at with his national school agenda.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I dont know what you are all giving out about. Sure ye must have voted them in, they didn't just walk through an open door and say" sure i'll take this job"

The quicker you realise that its the same group of politicians going around a revolving door and getting their pension books stamped, and stop it.
Then things might change. Definition of madness is allowing the same things to happen repeatedly, and expecting things to change.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

Time to introduce them to the National Razor.
Jack The Stripper

kadman wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:38 pm I dont know what you are all giving out about. Sure ye must have voted them in, they didn't just walk through an open door and say" sure i'll take this job"

The quicker you realise that its the same group of politicians going around a revolving door and getting their pension books stamped, and stop it.
Then things might change. Definition of madness is allowing the same things to happen repeatedly, and expecting things to change.
But but but the war and Putin
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

kadman wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:38 pm I dont know what you are all giving out about. Sure ye must have voted them in, they didn't just walk through an open door and say" sure i'll take this job"

Couldn't agree more but therein arises a problem. Who replaces them? Obviously, SF will be odds on to form the next government but will it be a case of the cure being worse than the disease? I really can't see SF policies, as they stand now, being good in the small free market economy that is modern Ireland. Nationalise everything? Increase a Public Service that is already incompetent and top-heavy with overpaid bureaucrats? I can't see the FDI community being over-enamoured with that .
I have long railed against the Civil War parties for the way they have mismanaged our country but I always hoped that the alternative would be a centre left coalition, not a bunch of Commies with a questionable agenda, and that says a lot, coming from one who has always had left-leaning tendencies.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

If you are not welcoming change...then you deserve having what you have. Its a tired old argument " we dont want the shinners".
You have had 100 years of the existing politics....is that not enough for you?
We dont know how bad they would be if we dont give them a chance.
Government corruption affects us at the bottom, and never those at the top. We have seen plenty of evidence of that.

I see your long rallying against civil war parties has left us with party's born of the civil war still basically in control. Time for a change, the youth want the shinners. Me, I just want the crooks and lackeys gone.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

marhay70 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:41 pm Couldn't agree more but therein arises a problem. Who replaces them? Obviously, SF will be odds on to form the next government but will it be a case of the cure being worse than the disease? I really can't see SF policies, as they stand now, being good in the small free market economy that is modern Ireland. Nationalise everything? Increase a Public Service that is already incompetent and top-heavy with overpaid bureaucrats? I can't see the FDI community being over-enamoured with that .
I have long railed against the Civil War parties for the way they have mismanaged our country but I always hoped that the alternative would be a centre left coalition, not a bunch of Commies with a questionable agenda, and that says a lot, coming from one who has always had left-leaning tendencies.
The free market economy has lead us here....closing smaller hospitals and hoping private sector/nursing homes will take up the slack.....it simply hasn't worked and is never going to

It may serve some areas of economy well,but particularly post brexit,public services here need be state run and well funded,as there simply isn't a market big enough to profit here (same market size issues applies to many niche products/services post brexit,we can't rely on private sector to prop up areas state is failing in)

I doubt SF will be allowed in anyway,there's too much nod-and-wink style affairs gone on and buried this last 20 years,the ff-fg-green-labour have too much to lose to let someone else into power.......there will be a destruction of records not seen since the civil war documents were destroyed immediately prior to FF getting in,in 1932
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I think its strange that people feel things have gotten progressively worse through the years, withff/fg/greens in control........but they want to keep them.
The list of crisis non management of many things, increases daily with these in power. There will be no change unless people vote for change. Unless they do, our brightest minds will emigrate, to be replaced with non irish immigrants, which is already happening.
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:13 pm The sooner people realise the Irish government hate the Irish people the better. All that is of concern is pack as many yahoos into the country and what ever that groomer of a Gormon is at with his national school agenda.
Nah, they just hate you..
Jack The Stripper

Elwood_Blues wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:40 am Nah, they just hate you..
You’re a winner alright 🙄
Verified Username

Post by 8760976543 »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:54 am You’re a winner alright 🙄
Sorry not meant to be a personal dig, just a line I stole from Band of Brothers..
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

kadman wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:27 pm If you are not welcoming change...then you deserve having what you have. Its a tired old argument " we dont want the shinners".
You have had 100 years of the existing politics....is that not enough for you?
We dont know how bad they would be if we dont give them a chance.
Government corruption affects us at the bottom, and never those at the top. We have seen plenty of evidence of that.

I see your long rallying against civil war parties has left us with party's born of the civil war still basically in control. Time for a change, the youth want the shinners. Me, I just want the crooks and lackeys gone.
Just to be clear, I have never in my life voted for FF or FF, or indeed the Greens. I made it clear that my preference would be a Centre Left coalition but I don't see SF to be that alternative.
I have no doubt that SF will form the next government and so be it if that is the public wish, but they won't do it with my help.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

The blame for this governments inadequacies lie clearly at the foot of the dail entrance, and with all those that pass through it.

One thing that has always amazed me about the health system is that there is no connection at all with your health records across the board in the hse.
How are the health care professionals expected to be fully up to speed with your health, when the various hospitals and centres dont communicate with your ecords up to date. More than once I was asked to increase my meds, whilst already being on the max dose which I pointed out to my doc......who said sorry you are correct :shock: :shock: :?
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

kadman wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:23 pm The blame for this governments inadequacies lie clearly at the foot of the dail entrance, and with all those that pass through it.
Ya, the Dail won't tackle the incompetency in the health service and the civil service in general. You can't get fired for incompetency (and this current shambles is hospital management incompetency).

I remember talking to a lecturer. He said for him to get fired, he'd have to kill a student in front of the minister of education on college grounds......
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

How come the private hospitals don't suffer the same problems?
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:41 pm How come the private hospitals don't suffer the same problems?
Has to make money.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:40 pm Ya, the Dail won't tackle the incompetency in the health service and the civil service in general. You can't get fired for incompetency (and this current shambles is hospital management incompetency).

I remember talking to a lecturer. He said for him to get fired, he'd have to kill a student in front of the minister of education on college grounds......
I was talking to the lead engineer on a massive government contract recently about accountability and various statutes that protect builders, engineers and architects.
He told me that they are a protected species in the country, and that the amount of caveats written into contracts for his insurance and jobs he works in means he is better protected from prosecution thatn the president of the US :?