Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Memphis/tyre niclos riots

The burning issues of the day
Setanta

Memphis/tyre niclos riots

Post by Setanta »

I distain Americas culture war/race shite

But 5 police officers stopped a fellow for reckless driving in Memphis....after attempting to flee on foot,they beat him to death

All 5 have been sacked,and as the city braces itself for rioting and mass protests....the fact all involved were black,will hopefully end this BLM/racist shite and see people stand up to police over there,who in many areas have long since passed point of contempt and hide behind a badge to bully

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... d.amp.html
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
kadman
Verified Username

Re: Memphis/tyre niclos riots

Post by kadman »

So thats murder...right??
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

New York Times lol.
Few details have been released as to how it happened.
So bodycam footage will be vital.

Some of the comments about the states are laughable.
Not sure if anyone has been to the US lately; but they are not on the verge of a civil war.
Don't be fooled by Fox and CNN or whatever you're drawn to.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

There was once a time when if I heard that five officers were fired I would assume they did something wrong. These days I wait to see the evidence.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

knownunknown wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:28 am There was once a time when if I heard that five officers were fired I would assume they did something wrong. These days I wait to see the evidence.
Talks of upto 8 different cameras caught this, including potential assault on someone recording on a phone

FBI opened up a civil rights case on this case already
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.c ... s-12797192

A much much worse version elsewhere online

If was one of me own,you'd like to a clip emptied into them police officers
Last edited by Setanta on Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Its no wonder US police forces have an overtly aggressive quality towards people. Up to 25% of the police have a military background, that is not founded on "Protect and serve"....Military ethos is " kill the enemy. And if you are not military, then you the people are the perceived enemy.
You cant put military trained individuals into a position where they have to empathize with the people they interact with, they dont have these skilsets.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

kadman wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:48 am Its no wonder US police forces have an overtly aggressive quality towards people. Up to 25% of the police have a military background, that is not founded on "Protect and serve"....Military ethos is " kill the enemy. And if you are not military, then you the people are the perceived enemy.
You cant put military trained individuals into a position where they have to empathize with the people they interact with, they dont have these skilsets.
As proven in Derry on Bloody Sunday.
'no more blah blah blah'
KHD

Post by KHD »

Bit more about the young lad himself from his mother and step father. Although its early stages and we haven't heard the police officer's version of events, it's hard for me to see any justification for this considering the man was unarmed and the five officers look on the fairly hefty side and probably can look after themselves.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64424829

Edit just saw the video, shocking and brutal. Thugs.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Disturbing video. If the focus had been on police brutality instead of institutionalised racism following George Floyd’s death then maybe this would never have happened.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Setanta wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:46 pmthe fact all involved were black,will hopefully end this BLM/racist shite
You’d have thought so because that’s the way rational people think. The irrational woke obsessed with equity instead prefer to invent terms like internalised racism because it allows them to push their race baiting nonsense.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120168943
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I think it's due to the police being used to doing what they wanted and thinking "I am the law". There's a lot of bad apples in the police. Sure look at the amount of Hollywood films that feature bad police officers.

I was shocked to hear on the radio that there's 100 deaths a year due to police officers in the states. I also heard the figure of 1200 on the radio but it can't be that bad, can it?

Edit, I also think that a lot of the socioeconomic problems are wrapped up in the protests. It's one of the most divided countries economically with a massive gap between rich and poor
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:26 am I think it's due to the police being used to doing what they wanted and thinking "I am the law". There's a lot of bad apples in the police. Sure look at the amount of Hollywood films that feature bad police officers.

I was shocked to hear on the radio that there's 100 deaths a year due to police officers in the states. I also heard the figure of 1200 on the radio but it can't be that bad, can it?

Edit, I also think that a lot of the socioeconomic problems are wrapped up in the protests. It's one of the most divided countries economically with a massive gap between rich and poor
When you have political establishment who egg each other on to build up a 'law & order' rethoric (or backtheblue hashtag)....famously Bill Clinton took time out of campaigning to oversee an execution to underpin his credentials

It's inevitable you will have people drawn to positions that gives em certain amount of power with very limited accountability,the time that George fylod fellow was killed,people looked on for nearly 10 mins,while he was slowly strangled and noone felt confident enough to intervene or tell police that was wrong.....it's a symptom of a society on brink of implosion IMO
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Setanta wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:19 pm When you have political establishment who egg each other on to build up a 'law & order' rethoric (or backtheblue hashtag)....famously Bill Clinton took time out of campaigning to oversee an execution to underpin his credentials

It's inevitable you will have people drawn to positions that gives em certain amount of power with very limited accountability,the time that George fylod fellow was killed,people looked on for nearly 10 mins,while he was slowly strangled and noone felt confident enough to intervene or tell police that was wrong.....it's a symptom of a society on brink of implosion IMO
The onlookers did confront the police several times though and were telling them they were wrong. A 33 year old martial arts instructor stepped towards the police a few times off the kerb and was pushed back by police. Other people were shouting to let him go and that he couldn’t breathe. Their testimony in court was that they felt they were helpless.

I’ve seen some speculate that maybe Floyd wouldn’t have died if the onlookers weren’t intimidating the police so much. They were more worried about the crowd then Floyd.