Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Coillte to sell 123,000 acres to British fund

The burning issues of the day
Mirabeau

Re: Coillte to sell 123,000 acres to British fund

Post by Mirabeau »

We'll do nothing so deal with it.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Media today is full of the corruption in Ukraine, lots of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, accompanied by hand wringing and cries of ochón.
Note to the Irish Media; This corruption was uncovered and published by one of their own, so, instead of popping in for after press conference drinks in the Dáil bar, get out and do what you're supposed to do. Plenty of dirt to dredge at home, starting with Irish Water, Corrib Gas etc.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

marhay70 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:47 am Media today is full of the corruption in Ukraine, lots of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, accompanied by hand wringing and cries of ochón.
Note to the Irish Media; This corruption was uncovered and published by one of their own, so, instead of popping in for after press conference drinks in the Dáil bar, get out and do what you're supposed to do. Plenty of dirt to dredge at home, starting with Irish Water, Corrib Gas etc.
Nothing like a bit of rebranding to get over the problem: Irish Water to become ‘Uisce Éireann’ https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/e3c ... -services/
'no more blah blah blah'
KHD

Post by KHD »

Some fella on RTE radio from the green party defendinh private corporations buying out large tracts of land to make a profit. Must be some irony there considering his party not too long ago was spouting shit about supporting our own farming community and small holder type enterprises.

No one yet has asked the question to any of them as to why the state forestry company cannot do this themselves as I thought was their main remit ? Bringing farmers into it when the issue is Coillte. Fckin cowboys.

Paul Murphy lecturing too considering he probably never was on a farm In his life. Depressing listening.

Our state broadcaster really does us all a disservice by the lack of research and the asking of proper hard or relevant questions when interviewing our elected politicians and interest groups. I guess that's why they are called the State Broadcasting service. Useless fookers.
KHD

Post by KHD »

There's another thing I was thinking about in relation to this, there has been massive problems for farmers in establishing a forestry a forestry enterprise on their lands in recent years. Hacket was to sort this out. I wonder by Coillte buying up land and then handing it off to the foreign investors that it cuts through all the current problems and delays in the department of agriculture. A sort of fck the farmers let's just load this onto Coillte job done.
KHD

Post by KHD »

It really fooking annoys me sometimes the way these politicians and interest groups talk about farming as though its some sort of non serious hobby type vocational thing and that these people, as sanctimonious bloody know it alls with their guaranteed monthly salaries, can dictate how an individual runs his or her business and not the fact that it is a bloody business.

I remember in the vegan / farmer shitshow on planks the vegan legion saying oh you don't care about anything but money - No shit fuckwit, it is a bloody business.

Again the Green Party useless gimp on about monoculture. Establishing a broad leaf forest with no expected return for 40 / 50 years. What do you think a farmer is going to choose. If they want more feckin broad leaf forests stop moaning about it and passing condescending remarks and instead put your money where your fookin gob is and put in a proper functioning forest policy so that if farmers decide to put part of their land in forestry, the broadleaf option is there and they get a proper state guaranteed payment for it so they will choose that over monocultural spruce.

I'm sick of these sanctimonious well paid muppets who have as much knowledge or interest in the environment as Eamonn Ryan does in changing the tube on his poxy fookin bike.

/rant over... had to get that out of my system for a while.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Paul Murphy, to paraphrase his remark... "we need rewilding and letting land grow into forests"... yeah in a hundred years time maybe... you have to plant the fcking trees first you clueless muppet.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Rather than an investment for a UK company, it should be an invest for Ireland for its people, funded by the government.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Very good letter published by Agriland from a man in Wexford highlighting some of the issues in the DAFM at the moment.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/le ... ry-crisis/
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Is this still going ahead? It finally clicked with me, Gresham house are pushing this net zero carbon stuff, they own forests so they have carbon credits to sell to companies. They buy a forest in Ireland so the worlds largest brands can say they are carbon neutral. It’s all a joke.

https://greshamhouse.com/ie/news-media/ ... portunity/

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... redibility