Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Occupants of a migrant camp attacked in Dublin

The burning issues of the day
kadman
Verified Username

Occupants of a migrant camp attacked in Dublin

Post by kadman »

I think some people have sunk to a new low, attacking people struggling to live.....
kadman
Verified Username

Re: Occupants of a migrant camp attacked in Dublin

Post by kadman »

WE are shocked and appalled by the recent police attacks on a coloured person in the states, but this is a similar thing surely
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

No right minded person could condone attacking people regardless of their nationality but the situation where people are living in these sort of makeshift encampments is the responsibility of those in the Dail and who are presiding over the country descending into chaos.
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Totally, they should direct their frustration towards the government, after all its the governments incompetence that has caused these situations.
They need to have the balls to admit we cant save everybody.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Now that the hoteliers are not being paid on time for their accommodation of Ukrainian refugees, I suspect many will revert to the more lucrative tourist trade.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

kadman wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:22 pm WE are shocked and appalled by the recent police attacks on a coloured person in the states, but this is a similar thing surely
It's effectively a pogrom,if they will do that to immigrants who fall on hard times/between the cracks,they will eventually do it to our own poor too

Noone should be falling through the cracks,to extent an encampment of tents pops up,an utter failure of social protection services and governance that oversees em
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

kadman wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:45 pm Totally, they should direct their frustration towards the government, after all its the governments incompetence that has caused these situations.
They need to have the balls to admit we cant save everybody.
An attack with dogs and sticks looks ferocious. This is what I feared the most and was written on the wall. A combination of policies is building up resentment unnecessarily, all so a select few can virtue signal about how great they are. fecking morons.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

knownunknown wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:37 pm An attack with dogs and sticks looks ferocious. This is what I feared the most and was written on the wall. A combination of policies is building up resentment unnecessarily, all so a select few can virtue signal about how great they are. fecking morons.

Why is it plain to see for you and me and normal people , but those chosen to govern us, ignore it? Of course they dont move in the same reality as the normal people do. Writing was on the wall from a long way back when they had poor policies to deal with a lot of stuff prior to the Ukraine war.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

kadman wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:48 pm Why is it plain to see for you and me and normal people , but those chosen to govern us, ignore it? Of course they dont move in the same reality as the normal people do. Writing was on the wall from a long way back when they had poor policies to deal with a lot of stuff prior to the Ukraine war.
Putting my tinfoil hat on I’d say this was the plan after occupy Wall Street to divide and conquer. All this stuff started to appear shortly after that.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/occupy-w ... n_n_998722
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Fake news, perhaps report on the raping of children, women, men, dogs and farm yard animals by these doctors and engineers.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:36 pm Fake news, perhaps report on the raping of children, women, men, dogs and farm yard animals by these doctors and engineers.
What’s fake news? An Irish times reporter witnessed it and even asked questions.
When interrupted by The Irish Times and asked why they were attacking the camp, the men – all white, Irish – alleged the residents had been involved in an assault locally.

Between six and eight men – Polish, Croatian, Hungarian, Portuguese, Indian and Scottish – have been living at the camp since August, without incident they say. In recent days, however, video footage of the camp has circulated on social media, with one posting video on Twitter, saying: “It’s like a little village. They say they’re Irish? They’re not f**king Irish.”
I don’t understand why the Irish times are so quick to being race into it, this is where the tinfoil hat stuff comes from.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Yeah seems it was just a verbal encounter, no weapons and no dogs. The Irish Times spun a big yarn

Post by 678904673 »

This seems to be a storm in a tea cup that certain media outlets are having a WOKE field day with
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

So that explains why there was nothing on the evening news today then. Surprised at the Irish Times spreading fake news. Or am i.
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Drew Harris is getting desperate now trying to get the right all along crowd to fall victim to his scams.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

knownunknown wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:49 pm What’s fake news? An Irish times reporter witnessed it and even asked questions.
I'm seeing now that Kitty Holland had a 7 minute phone conversation with Ben Scallan of Gript news this morning and she says ''I never said I witnessed it.''
On foot of the report in the Irish Times there was a solidarity rally organised by Ruth Coppinger against the ''far right''.
“It (the attack)wasn’t imagined, the far right is doing their best to try to tell everybody it’s another conspiracy,” Coppinger said.
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-41060543.html

I saw some footage of at least some kind of a visit to the camp, probably not the actual attack referenced by Holland, where some fairly cross local men did arrive to find out what was going on at the camp. They spoke to the men there. Actually in the end they expressed concern for them and said they were sorry for them as they had all ended up homeless in various ways.

From what I could make out, they are all bar one EU citizens and entitled to travel here, work here and claim social welfare. One of the lads I heard speaking was from Croatia and it sounded like he had had a hard time, even sleeping rough in skips. It reminded me of my friend coming here from Croatia a few years ago and how hard the first few weeks were, as he had to give money on deposits and rent in advance, and feed himself until he got paid week in hand. He is not a well off person, it was very tough on him, plus organising PRSI and Revenue etc when being on hold on the phone eats up all your credit and you haven't got a bob. I don't have much myself but I gave him a bit towards phone credit. He was on the other side of the country and had arranged a job in advance of arriving. So I can understand how easily it would be to end up on the streets.

There was another rally yesterday I think, in Finglas. It's not mentioned in the regular media. It was mostly women and children who both occupied Finglas garda station and stood outside it. They are protesting because a 20 year old woman who had just given birth 6 weeks ago was raped on Friday night by possibly two men (at least) on Cappagh Road in Finglas, and the women gathered there say they have lots of concerns. These protests are again being depicted as far right rallies.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...