Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Missing dog walker in England

The burning issues of the day
schmittel
Verified Username

Missing dog walker in England

Post by schmittel »

Is anyone following this story and engaging in pointless yet compulsive speculation?

Nicola Bulley, mother of two, drops kids off at school, goes to walk the dog in a field by a river and vanishes into thin air.

Most likely scenario would seem to be that she fell into the river but extensive searches have revealed nothing yet, search has since been widened out to sea - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-64573628

What do others think? Tragic accident, and she's in the river? Or something more conspiratorial?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Missing dog walker in England

Post by Del.Monte »

It's a strange case alright and the fact that her phone was left on the seat and she had been on some sort of conference call would - to me - indicate that she may have fallen into the river? Her dog was found wandering around - had he fallen in and she went to save him, drowned in the process and the dog somehow got out by himself?
'no more blah blah blah'
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:57 pm It's a strange case alright and the fact that her phone was left on the seat and she had been on some sort of conference call would - to me - indicate that she may have fallen into the river? Her dog was found wandering around - had he fallen in and she went to save him, drowned in the process and the dog somehow got out by himself?
Agree that going to rescue the dog is one of the first scenarios to be envisaged, but the dog was bone dry when it was found. It definitely hadn't been in the water.

And if she had fallen in the water in the presence of the dog, and been swept downstream, it seems plausible the dog would have chased down the river bank. I think the dog was found close to the bench with the phone.

By all accounts the search started within a few hours of the disappearance, the river was not in flood, it does seem most likely she would have been found if she'd fallen in the river.

But then again, there are very few, if any, more plausible explanations.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

If the river is anyway fast-moving, she could have travelled a good distance in it before she made landfall again.
The article mentions the Morecambe Bay estuary which is a large area.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I'm leaning towards your theory DM. Sad for the family and I hope she's found for the family sake

Post by 678904673 »

The dog being dry would to me suggest that she didnt fall in and something else happened. Its very baffling though. I wonder will this be another Trevor Deely type case. Where no body is every found and no one is quite sure what happened. For her family's shake I hope not
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

schmittel wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:41 pm Is anyone following this story and engaging in pointless yet compulsive speculation?

Nicola Bulley, mother of two, drops kids off at school, goes to walk the dog in a field by a river and vanishes into thin air.

Most likely scenario would seem to be that she fell into the river but extensive searches have revealed nothing yet, search has since been widened out to sea - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lancashire-64573628

What do others think? Tragic accident, and she's in the river? Or something more conspiratorial?
I think tragic accident but tbh I suspect the partner, I just get an uneasy vibe. No way she ran off - from what her friends and parents say about her she'd never leave the dog, let alone the children.

One thing I will say is the response has been disgraceful - "vigilante" groups going into people's houses and dragging them out! Social media may have a lot going for it in a missing persons case but it does make The Great British Public(c) into absolute loopers.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's 11 miles to Knott End - would a body in a river not in spate travel far? How far is the usual, before the remains get tangled up or stopped by a mud bank or etc? It looks like a winding river.

If she had slipped in by accident her phone would not be on the bench, it would have been in her hand or pocket.

The dog was dry so she was not putting down a phone to go rescue him.
If the dog was too close to the water she would just have called out and not put down the phone and gone over to call out or check up.

If she had sat down on the bench for a minute to rest or pause, she might have put the phone down on the bench if someone started talking to her.

Its a nightmare for her loved ones. I hope some answer is found soon.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:02 am It's 11 miles to Knott End - would a body in a river not in spate travel far? How far is the usual, before the remains get tangled up or stopped by a mud bank or etc? It looks like a winding river.

If she had slipped in by accident her phone would not be on the bench, it would have been in her hand or pocket.

If the dog was too close to the water she would just have called out and not put down the phone and gone over to call out or check up.

If she had sat down on the bench for a minute to rest or pause, she might have put the phone down on the bench if someone started talking to her.

Excellent logical points - it is a worrying time for all. Hope they get some peace - I knew a family a long time ago whos son had gone missing and they always said had he passed away they could mourn, bury him and try to come to terms.

Yet you look at someone like Suzy Lamplugh's family - and they have hope that they will come home and have turned grief into campaigning to help others.

I don't think I would like either :(
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

isha wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:02 am It's 11 miles to Knott End - would a body in a river not in spate travel far? How far is the usual, before the remains get tangled up or stopped by a mud bank or etc? It looks like a winding river.

I think the phone on the bench is not that weird actually - anytime I do a zoom/teams type conference call on my phone I use headphones, and I'd regularly place it down beside me, and even get up and pace around.

I can certainly imagine doing a call on a bench with the phone on bench beside me, and then getting up to walk to river edge and leaving the phone behind, thinking I am going straight back to the bench.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

schmittel wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:34 pm I think the phone on the bench is not that weird actually - anytime I do a zoom/teams type conference call on my phone I use headphones, and I'd regularly place it down beside me, and even get up and pace around.

I can certainly imagine doing a call on a bench with the phone on bench beside me, and then getting up to walk to river edge and leaving the phone behind, thinking I am going straight back to the bench.
I remember reading she had camera and microphone off. She was effectively listening in. Would you manage a teams meeting like that? I ask because I don't know. I have limited experience of them and they required active presence.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Edit. Sorry I had forgotten about earphones that are not wired to phone - showing my old fashioned habits. I wonder did she own those kind of earbuds? So that would make your pacing scenario more likely.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

<snip>
Last edited by Bishop_Brennan on Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:52 pm https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... port-covid

So nothing to do with Omicron and natural immunity then.

The lies and bullshit above is INCREDIBLE..

If there was one journalist with any balls they'd ask her why 14 months ago with similar vaccine % - did they re introduce the mask law OUTSIDE ???

The people are sociopathic scummy liars.
Must admit I did consider the covid vaccines to potentially be a factor in this case, but was too embarrassed to bring it up. But now you mention it....

:D
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

isha wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:03 pm I remember reading she had camera and microphone off. She was effectively listening in. Would you manage a teams meeting like that? I ask because I don't know. I have limited experience of them and they required active presence.
Yes, I think it is pretty common to participate like that. Some old bore who likes the sound of their own voice starts pontificating, mute the call and let him drone on. Often in meetings with multiple participants, everybody but the speaker is encouraged to mute to reduce background noise.

And on the headphones, for sure I think the most likely is wireless in ear jobs, probably AirPods.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Apologies, I was meant to post in the "whats on your mind thread" ...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

A body has been found in the river. Not identified.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0219/13575 ... la-bulley/
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

That article seems to suggest that she may have just jumped in.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I don't know why so much has been made about her perimenopause and drink issues. She had just dropped her kids to school and was listening in on a work meeting. That's not just about to jump in a river behaviour. Maybe she had a heart attack or stroke or seizure and fell down the bank. If it is her, perhaps a postmortem can tell something. But maybe it's too late for that, I don't know.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:51 pm I don't know why so much has been made about her perimenopause and drink issues. She had just dropped her kids to school and was listening in on a work meeting. That's not just about to jump in a river behaviour. Maybe she had a heart attack or stroke or seizure and fell down the bank. If it is her, perhaps a postmortem can tell something. But maybe it's too late for that, I don't know.
I drink a fair bit and I’m in menopause - it makes no difference to whether I go missing or not - very unprofessional of the police.