Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Think our crowd are bad.....

The burning issues of the day
Hairy-Joe

Think our crowd are bad.....

Post by Hairy-Joe »

You would think that our crowd of civil servants are the only crowd to get things incompetently wrong? Think again!

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2023/02 ... ts-tunnels

The Spanish ordered trains that wouldn't fit!

The difference there is though some people lost their jobs. Here for a botch that size, a promotion would follow.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Think our crowd are bad.....

Post by Del.Monte »

Well "our crowd" rubber stamped Irish Rail's new order for millions of Euros worth of inter-city rail carriages that are completely unfit for the job intended - nobody will be held accountable.
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

That I didn't know but it doesn't strike me as unusual
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

Our crowd bring in undocumented scum to clog up our society during a national accommodation crisis.

Burn it clean.

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:39 am Well "our crowd" rubber stamped Irish Rail's new order for millions of Euros worth of inter-city rail carriages that are completely unfit for the job intended - nobody will be held accountable.
And since no catering contractor wants to touch Irish Rail with a barge pole, Irish Rail are considering Vending Machines.

Which will be broken in 5 minutes in operation.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

gugleguy wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:54 pm And since no catering contractor wants to touch Irish Rail with a barge pole, Irish Rail are considering Vending Machines.

Which will be broken in 5 minutes in operation.
Irish Rail spin-doctor, Barry Kenny, has gone missing in recent weeks - not even appearing on Andrea Gilligan's wonderful show.
'no more blah blah blah'
NickNickleby
Verified Username

Post by NickNickleby »

I was told a story decades ago by a then employee of CIE. New locos arrived and when they got to a particular Dublin main line station, they wouldn't pass the platforms. At the time I took it with a grain of salt, after all surely they passed lots of other stations on the way??? However, the original "whistleblower" (see what I did there :lol: ), repeated the stories in the intervening decades (I think we're talking early 80's).
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I happen to have a few hours spare in Enniscorthy recently. I popped down to the railway station to maybe pop down to Wexford town.

Holy feck what a stupid timetable. A train every 3 or 4 hours. I half expected a continental style timetable with a train every 30 min or an hour.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

I drove buses in Dublin in another life and I remember when the first Atlantean buses were launched in the late 1960s/ early 70s. CIE had redesigned them to incorporate an extra five passenger seats at the rear of the lower deck, this involved incorporating the engine into the lower saloon, under the back seat. Bearing in mind that these buses were designed without opening windows and ventilation was restricted to one roof vent in the upper saloon, the result was inevitable, people dropping like flies on the first warm sunny day. Tens of thousands of pounds had to be spent to fit opening windows in both upper and lower decks, so any benefit gained from the extra seats was nullified. The extra weight at the back also affected weight distribution and made steering unpredictable, especially on wet roads.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

Bus wankers.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Mirabeau wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:29 pmBus wankers.