Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Shamina Begum denied appeal

The burning issues of the day
Bishop_Brennan

Shamina Begum denied appeal

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64731007

Delighted ...

She can rot in the Syrian camp, as if the UK doesn't already have enough radicals to deal with ...
DeletedUser

Re: Shamina Begum denied appeal

Post by DeletedUser »

Let the bitch rot!

I love how the liberals who fall all over themselves normally to say that women can be anything - world leaders, fighter pilots, heart surgeons - whatever, are rather reticent in the case of ISIS - she is an "ISIS bride", nope she was (and I have no doubt still is) a member of ISIS.

She supported the Manchester Arena bombing and would gladly mow down any one of us without a backward glance.

I reiterate, let the bitch rot.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I thought she was only 15 when she left the UK, a child, or am i wrong?
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Actions have consequences. Life doesn't allow for "do-overs".
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

So was she a child?
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

Yeah they like them young.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

kadman wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:42 pm So was she a child?
What has that to do with anything ???

She joined an evil cult who’s sole purpose is to maim and murder those who don’t believe their bullshit.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Throughout history high treason has been one of the crimes even worse than rape or murder that was met with unusually cruel punishment.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I'm very torn on this one.
Am trying to form an opinion still.
Begun was born in the UK.
She was only 15 when she joined a murderous cult.
She has supported horrible things.
The age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10.
Is citizenship by birth going to be revocable for other crimes?
The UK revokes more citizenships than any other country except Bahrain.
If she came back she could be properly punished by imprisonment for what she did
If she stays there she may be finally free when Syria gets more sorted, so less punishment.
Was she intellectually capable of being held criminally responsible?

I need to listen to different viewpoints in different places on this. I can't make up my mind yet.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:12 pm I'm very torn on this one.
Am trying to form an opinion still.
Begun was born in the UK.
She was only 15 when she joined a murderous cult.
She has supported horrible things.
The age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10.
Is citizenship by birth going to be revocable for other crimes?
The UK revokes more citizenships than any other country except Bahrain.
If she came back she could be properly punished by imprisonment for what she did
If she stays there she may be finally free when Syria gets more sorted, so less punishment.
Was she intellectually capable of being held criminally responsible?

I need to listen to different viewpoints in different places on this. I can't make up my mind yet.
If she comes back there she’ll be the McCollum of the UK, glam photo shoots and a book and she’ll see precious little jail time.

Let her rot in her fcking Islamic utopia.

kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:36 pm What has that to do with anything ???

She joined an evil cult who’s sole purpose is to maim and murder those who don’t believe their bullshit.
Its got a lot to do with it, children are very impressionable and easily manipulated. I would have thought a more humane approach to dealing with a child would be to give her an opportunity for her appeal, and deal with it that way. My personal opinion at the moment because I dont know enough about her to offer anymore.
Was she trafficked or not??
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

kadman wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:39 pm Its got a lot to do with it, children are very impressionable and easily manipulated. I would have thought a more humane approach to dealing with a child would be to give her an opportunity for her appeal, and deal with it that way. My personal opinion at the moment because I dont know enough about her to offer anymore.
Was she trafficked or not??
She was trafficked only due to the technicality of her being too young to consent. You could also say she was raped by the husband she married under this weird way of defining things.
What was it about Islamic State that attracted you? What did you like about it?

The way they showed that you can go [to Syria] and they'll take care of you.

You can have your own family, do anything. You're living under Islamic law.

Did you know what Islamic State were doing when you left for Syria? Because they had beheaded people. There were executions.

Yeah, I knew about those things and I was okay with it. Because, you know, I started becoming religious just before I left.

From what I heard, Islamically that is all allowed. So I was okay with it
https://news.sky.com/story/is-bride-sha ... e-11640278
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

She’s lying and manipulating people. In the above interview from 2019 she says she didn’t regret going there until the end but in this tweet it says she was groomed and regretted it as soon as she crossed the border. Which one do you believe?

What point from arriving in Syria did you think, 'I've made a massive mistake'?” -
@AliBunkallSKY

Shamima Begum: "The moment I crossed the border."
Was there a point when you started to have second thoughts about your life under Islamic State?

Only at the end, after my son died. I realised I had to get out for the sake of my children - for the sake of my daughter and my baby. Yeah.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I dont know of any situation where I could feel ok with removing citizenship from women and children, and having them confined to a state where they are at risk of rape,abuse, trafficking, forced marriage or whatever. And thankfully the The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights have a similar mindset. There are some things I wouldn't do to my enemy. If i did, what seperates me from them.
n the context of the ongoing Syrian Civil War, tens of thousands of individuals have fled to North East Syria (NES) where they are now held across a number of Kurdish run camps, prisons, and “rehabilitation” centres. Those who fled to the region include foreign national women and children allegedly associated with Daesh. This population, which includes about 25 British women and 34 British children,12 are primarily detained in either Al Hol or Roj Camps.

The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, has documented how many of the individuals detained in NES were “forced into marriage, sexual slavery and exploitation by UN-listed terrorist groups.”3 Reprieve’s investigations have confirmed that the majority (at least 63%) of British women currently detained in NES are victims of modern slavery. This is based on evidence that Daesh subjected them to sexual slavery, including forced and servile marriages, as well as other forms of slavery such as forced domestic servitude.4 For years, Daesh systematically enslaved and exploited hundreds of women and girls, as the forced labour of women and girls, through childbirth, child-rearing and domestic servitude, was viewed as necessary “to fulfil domestic and supporting roles in the caliphate and to legitimise ISIS and their new state”.5

Daesh used sophisticated grooming techniques to recruit vulnerable girls “using fraud and abuse of a position of vulnerability, among other means”.6 On arrival in Daesh-controlled territories women and girls were locked in “women’s houses,” before they were forced into marriage, domestic servitude and sexually exploited.7 One of Reprieve’s client’s was just 12 years old when she was taken to Syria by a male relative from the UK, along with her sister and mother. In Syria, she was repeatedly raped, forced into marriage at the age 14 and had her first child conceived by rape by the age of 15.8

After years of sexual exploitation and abuse at the hands of Daesh, these women and children are now detained in the detention camps of NES. Al Hol and Roj Camp
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

kadman wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:45 pm I dont know of any situation where I could feel ok with removing citizenship from women and children, and having them confined to a state where they are at risk of rape,abuse, trafficking, forced marriage or whatever. And thankfully the The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights have a similar mindset. There are some things I wouldn't do to my enemy. If i did, what seperates me from them.
At some point even a child of 15/16 needs to be responsible for their actions. There was a case of a child murdering a woman and getting at least 13 years. High treason is no joke. She facilitated murder.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

I think it's a slippery slope,next step is they'll begin to remove citizenship from anyone who causes too much hassle/speaks out againest the establishment too much

Once you open that door of a government being able to arbitrary remove people's citizenship,it can't be closed again
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

No sympathy for her whatsoever, hard as that may seem, but as far as I'm concerned she's one less whack job on our streets. In fact, I would have a deal more sympathy for the youth convicted for the IFSC murder of the Filipino lady - he didn't choose to become a drugged up scumbag, the Irish state by its inactions directly created him.
'no more blah blah blah'