Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Woman attacked by four foreigners told to stop telling people her attackers were foreign

The burning issues of the day
Setanta

Re: Woman attacked by four foreigners told to stop telling people her attackers were foreign

Post by Setanta »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:49 am So it's not "#BelieveAllWomen" when the alleged attackers are immigrants ? Ok.

That sort in the UK wants locking up for twice what any rapist would get as she has done more harm to genuine rape victims that anything.

But do these hashtag warriors not see how fcking stupid they are now ?
There's significant CCTV coverage at both top and bottom,and covering a good bit of the lane,where it was claimed this incident happened,beside dealz in dungarvan

There's an significant element in that town,who would seek out and sort this issue themselves,if it was credible,they don't rely on gaurds down there,nor appeasing PC crowd as regards accusations of racism,when comes to defending emselves
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
DeletedUser

Re: Woman attacked by four foreigners told to stop telling people her attackers were foreign

Post by DeletedUser »

Setanta wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:22 pm There's significant CCTV coverage at both top and bottom,and covering a good bit of the lane,where it was claimed this incident happened,beside dealz in dungarvan

There's an significant element in that town,who would seek out and sort this issue themselves,if it was credible,they don't rely on gaurds down there,nor appeasing PC crowd as regards accusations of racism,when comes to defending emselves
Every accusation should be followed up - regardless of whoever the alleged perpetrator is.

The simple fact is though that the Gardai had no way of knowing initially whether this happened or not and made sure to make sure the alleged attacker was not described by skin colour. If you are looking for someone it helps to know what they look like!!

Same as when no description of the wanted attacker is published, sadly it is now shorthand for "foreigner".

If we are truly to be an equal society, everyone in it should be treated the same - no matter where you are from originally.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

If we are truly to be an equal society, everyone in it should be treated the same - no matter where you are from originally

^^ 100% this, in fact treating them differently is the bigotry of low expectations.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:38 pm ^^ 100% this, in fact treating them differently is the bigotry of low expectations.
I remember a story online about a city in the US - might have been Chicago if memory serves.

They asked a load of white people about voter ID - overwhelmingly the thought was "it's wildly racist!!" - "people of colour are disadvantaged because they won''t have ID".

They then asked the same number of black people, every single one had at least one if not more pieces of valid ID. One guy had the white people's views put to him that no one in his community would have ID - his reply was classic:

"So they assume because I'm black I drive with no license? I'm black so I don't quality for a credit card ? I'm black so I wouldn't have a passport ?" That there is what's racist!!!"

What a guy!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:20 pm Every accusation should be followed up - regardless of whoever the alleged perpetrator is.

The simple fact is though that the Gardai had no way of knowing initially whether this happened or not and made sure to make sure the alleged attacker was not described by skin colour. If you are looking for someone it helps to know what they look like!!

Same as when no description of the wanted attacker is published, sadly it is now shorthand for "foreigner".

If we are truly to be an equal society, everyone in it should be treated the same - no matter where you are from originally.
By all accounts,the gaurds did follow this up as regards CCTV particularly dealz,the shops on O'Connell Street looking up the lane,as well as oconnoll lane coming out at kielys garage,and spoke to several people in the corporation houses alongside and approached nearby sheltered housing for footage aswell...

but found info scant coming from public, because they aren't wanted about the area and people are reluctant to draw em onto em nowadays.....little point in demanding gaurds do x,y and z,when public don't trust em,hence why some credence was given to the report initially....

dungarvan used have a long history of Lithuanians and poles at the blaggarding that was alleged here,and half em had to be forced out years ago,they'd have no issue doing it again,but they won't do it,for clout for some clowns on tiktok pushing trouble on the area
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Calahonda52
Verified Username

Post by Calahonda52 »

Are our lot, under Drew, any better than the Met
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-65015479
I have my doubts
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Calahonda52 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:24 pm Are our lot, under Drew, any better than the Met
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-65015479
I have my doubts
I would hold deep reservations about letting an RUC man over the gaurds, particularly given his role with being Mi5 link to the PSNI

but one thing drew Harris has done,to his credit,is begun rooting out some of the back-slapping, stand up for each other in the ranks of the gaurd,and other stupid shite they used be let away with

There's a case before the DPP from down where my cousins are,of most serious allegations againest a gaurd,and other gaurds in his station working to cover it up/pin it on someone underage and innocent....2 gaurds been sacked/retired,2 more are suspended,none of this would have happened only for Harris IMO.....

This awlful case,is too big,and too serious not to come out,and you can expect bans galore on planks,as so many with blind support of gaurds have to face reality of their position and demand any/all critism is banned
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

The frustrations of the dumping of migrants over night into communities is no excuse for playing wolf. She was wrong.
It’s after playing into the government’s hands now as it strengthens the hate speech and all the other shut up legislation that they are putting through. All for the UN agenda.