Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Ireland First new political party.

The burning issues of the day
kadman
Verified Username

Ireland First new political party.

Post by kadman »

Just heard on the local radio of the formation of the new right wing party, Ireland First. Some initial reports of their views and forum postings sound a bit nasty, but I have not had a chance to delve deeper, yet.
marhay70

Re: Ireland First new political party.

Post by marhay70 »

The name sounds a bit in the Trump mould, bound to be nice people. :roll:
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

We do need a less left wing party - someone to actually represent the working Irish people.

Whether these are it is to be seen.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

What are these initial reports their views?

Post by 678904673 »

Hopefully they are an improvement on The National Party. But I wont hold my breath

Post by 678904673 »

Link to their website. Not much info at present

https://www.ireland-first.ie/
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

https://www.ireland-first.ie/copy-of-events

Wish em all the best,but my girlfriend isn't from Ireland,so il not be entertaining em on a personal level
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Thought the logo looked pinched from elsewhere but I see it's just a stock image: https://stock.adobe.com/ie/images/Tree- ... ign=tineye
That said, it's more like a logo suitable for a conservation organisation rather than a political party.
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I'm reserving judgement until I see the policies...

However, it's a bad sign when a WhoIs search brings this back

Registrant Contact Information:
Name
REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I heard about them this morning and then read a quick news report. I believe they have a website but haaave not had a chance to have a peek.
The private setting of the group means members are happy to speak freely. Asylum seekers are referred to as “scumbags” and Ukrainian refugees as “invading f**kers”.

Some members spoke out against the visit of far-right extremist Tommy Robinson to Ireland last month and accused him of splintering the anti-immigration movement here. “Next we make it clear the Jew is not wanted,” a user said in reference to Robinson, who is not Jewish but has publicly supported Israel.

One post shared in the group bemoans the number of black models featured in a German fashion magazine and states: “Hitler did nothing wrong.”
Ireland First: Inside the group chat of Ireland’s latest far-right political party
No far-right party has ever returned a councillor or TD in an election before
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

We believe that Ireland should leave the EU

So it's the Irexit party re-invented, including the obligatory Brexiter reference to "unelected bureaucrats". :roll:

It's mildly amusing to see that the first of their "six principles" is a proposal to reinforce the Irishness of Ireland. And the other five are pretty much a perfect copy-and-paste of the MAGA manifesto (as also seen in Brexit and the Front National in France, but neither of those two bother with the whole pro-life side of politics).

Call me old-fashioned, but I wouldn't be inclined to give my vote to a party that publishes a website with so many typographical errors. Maybe English isn't their first language ... but I can't seem to find the Irish version of the site (in accordance with Principle No.1)
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

In favour of a United Ireland - count me out. As if that's not enough, they also want to consider nuclear power so I am doubly out. Website is a mess and life's too short to bother visiting again.
'no more blah blah blah'
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

The current government need to bring in legislation to ban any new political party being formed. We need to house the world.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:19 pm The current government need to bring in legislation to ban any new political party being formed. We need to house the world.
I’m not particularly surprised to see you suggest a democratically elected government set aside democratic process.

Is that because of the gimmigrants and fakeugees too, father?
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

JayZeus wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:15 pm I’m not particularly surprised to see you suggest a democratically elected government set aside democratic process.

Refugees are welcome here. #ireland isn’t full.

Post by 678904673 »

Flicked through the website last night. Fairly depressing stuff. I suspect they're a Party that's going to be going nowhere fast. But if a centre right party did ever emerge with actual sensible policies, I think they'd do ok
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JayZeus wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:15 pm I’m not particularly surprised to see you suggest a democratically elected government set aside democratic process.

He wasnt suggesting they should - it was sarcasm to make a point. Read more.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:50 am He wasnt suggesting they should - it was sarcasm to make a point. Read more.
Read more?

Oh, the irony.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Having had a quick read of their website, I for one would never vote for them