Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Sinn Fein - a picture paints a thousand words

The burning issues of the day
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Sinn Fein - a picture paints a thousand words

Post by Del.Monte »

In the light of Eoin O Broin's retweet. No words needed...indeed.

'no more blah blah blah'

Re: Sinn Fein - a picture paints a thousand words

Post by 678904673 »

Sinn Fein. Great bunch of lads:)
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

In fairness some of the policies are better than FF/FG/LABOUR but then the mask slips. As some MP in the British House of Commons said about Denis Healy many years ago - the mask slipped revealing something very unpleasant, hot, wet and hairy....I paraphrase because it was a long, long time ago.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:47 pm In fairness some of the policies are better than FF/FG/LABOUR but then the mask slips. As some MP in the British House of Commons said about Denis Healy many years ago - the mask slipped revealing something very unpleasant, hot, wet and hairy....I paraphrase because it was a long, long time ago.
I don't think they would be any worse then the current Government. And their premilitary past doesn't overly bother me. Most of those individuals have been quietly retired. But I've a long way to go before I'm convinced they would be any better then FF/FG/G
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

I don’t know why everyone is getting their panties in a twist. Are people actually realising that migration replacement might actually be a thing.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

Those f--k8ng glasses.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Unfortunately the incumbents in Government have spent the last 100 years making such a fcuk up and breeding such corruption that Sinn Fein almost look good.
Sean Lemass was probably the best Taoiseach this country has ever produced, his one big failing IMO, was his poor judgement of his daughter's choice of husband. If, however, we had held Lemass to account for his past, we might still be living in De Valera's Ireland, living by gaslight and lighting turf fires in whitewashed cottages.
I'm no lover of Sinn Féin but there comes a time when you have to bite the bullet and say we have tried every combination of the rest and got the same result, we'll try this for one term, it can't be worse than Fine Gael.
Jack The Stripper

The next general election will be rigged, it will be a combination of ff, fg, green, labour or independent group.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Nothing wrong with the picture tbh.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

I don't understand the outrage over this pic.....it will eventually come down to gardai overseeing evictions as someone along line will refuse to leave into homelessness....and some downright ugly scenes will likely occur ,which won't even cause the establishment a second of introspection
(Strong likelihood of more strokes town type pushback events too)

On otherhand it's highly doubtful,there will ever see a SF government mind,there's too much tied up in it for the establishment to loose,and what they been upto with privatisation these last 20 or so years can't ever be allowed to come out
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:23 pm The next general election will be rigged, it will be a combination of ff, fg, green, labour or independent group.
Hopefully, anything to keep the SF fascists out.
'no more blah blah blah'
Jack The Stripper

The Irish are being driven out of their home and out of the country to please their masters.
Jack The Stripper

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:01 pm Hopefully, anything to keep the SF fascists out.
They would only be puppets on a string anyway so makes no difference who has their hand up their arse.

Post by 678904673 »

In order for Sinn Fein to form a government they would need roughly 55-65 seats and FF to go in with them. And while some in FF would do so I think there will be enough of a kickback to prevent it from happening. So we'll probably end up with some combo of FF/FG/L/G/SD
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

Referencing the famine is like the Irish version of referencing the Holocaust/Nazis. Given their own dubious history, Sinn Fein of all people should realise the pitfalls of doing such a thing. Also, such an inflammatory depiction could embolden some of the lunatics out there to attack Gardai - like their IRA "heroes" who mur...sorry, manslaughtered Det Garda Jerry McCabe.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

I suppose Gardaí could point out that they are present at evictions to ensure that they are carried out lawfully. Apparently, SF and the AGSI have come to an amicable understanding of the events and it is now water under the bridge. Happy days
Jack The Stripper

Happy Days wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:09 pm In order for Sinn Fein to form a government they would need roughly 55-65 seats and FF to go in with them. And while some in FF would do so I think there will be enough of a kickback to prevent it from happening. So we'll probably end up with some combo of FF/FG/L/G/SD
SD are just blowing smoke really but plenty time to get votes. I wouldn’t be surprised if they open voting to IPA’s and Ukrainians to general election. I know they can vote in local elections and run in local elections also.
Calahonda52
Verified Username

Post by Calahonda52 »

marhay70 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:00 pm I suppose Gardaí could point out that they are present at evictions to ensure that they are carried out lawfully. Apparently, SF and the AGSI have come to an amicable understanding of the events and it is now water under the bridge. Happy days
amicable understanding with the AGSI, no chance, papered over
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Il never fully understand the hate that bloke gets,might be blunt and not beat around the bush with pointless politeness,but he pretty much hits nail on head regularly on social media in commentry
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Jack The Stripper

Just watching toys being flung from several cots on The Tonight Show about this piece of art.
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

Leaving aside the fact that Eoin O'Broin used it, as a piece of social commentary, that picture makes a strong statement. AGS have no business supporting Landlords perform an eviction. Having Gardai dressed like masked thugs and almost indistinguishable from the bailiffs is not a good look for them. It presents an absolutely horrible picture and for me highlights the number of AGS members that are landlords themselves.

There needs to be a complete rethink about the optics of the process and AGS need to make sure they aren't used as a tool in evictions without very clear guidelines and justifiable reasons. Being seen to 'assist' bailiffs or masked private security cannot happen.

I get the hatred for SF but I can perfectly understand why younger folks might want to give them a turn at the wheel. I genuinely think that the negative criticism levelled against EO'B and the artwork by incumbent TDs is completely hypocritical. They've failed and are using mock outrage to divert attention away from the actual issue.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Cyclepath wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:42 am Leaving aside the fact that Eoin O'Broin used it, as a piece of social commentary, that picture makes a strong statement. AGS have no business supporting Landlords perform an eviction. Having Gardai dressed like masked thugs and almost indistinguishable from the bailiffs is not a good look for them. It presents an absolutely horrible picture and for me highlights the number of AGS members that are landlords themselves.

There needs to be a complete rethink about the optics of the process and AGS need to make sure they aren't used as a tool in evictions without very clear guidelines and justifiable reasons. Being seen to 'assist' bailiffs or masked private security cannot happen.

I get the hatred for SF but I can perfectly understand why younger folks might want to give them a turn at the wheel. I genuinely think that the negative criticism levelled against EO'B and the artwork by incumbent TDs is completely hypocritical. They've failed and are using mock outrage to divert attention away from the actual issue.
Missing the point by a mile as per.

Gardai are NOT there to enforce an eviction, which is a civl matter - they are there to ensure the law is kept to.

If you don't see a difference between a landlord in that original painting dragging out someone with no reason - and some scumbag not paying months and months and then getting a mob in to threaten their landlord who in most cases is just some poor sod who bought a property and can't sell it - then you can't be helped.

Your precious scummy parties will never get in so get used to it.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Jack The Stripper

Coming back to the tonight show last night that was exactly what jack chambers was doing. He even started waffling on about the criminal courts.
What’s done is done now anyway, Irish out Africa in and numbers of homeless wont increase much on stats as families will house the Irish homeless now.
Hotels will get their tourist season and fill them with all sorts of people again next winter, rinse recycle repeat.
Jack The Stripper

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:10 am Missing the point by a mile as per.

Gardai are NOT there to enforce an eviction, which is a civl matter - they are there to ensure the law is kept to.

If you don't see a difference between a landlord in that original painting dragging out someone with no reason - and some scumbag not paying months and months and then getting a mob in to threaten their landlord who in most cases is just some poor sod who bought a property and can't sell it - then you can't be helped.

Sinn Fein don’t want to get in either, play hurling on the ditch suits them better.
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:10 am Missing the point by a mile as per.

Jesus PlaneSpeeking is hostility and scorn your only approach? Why do engage in such a negative way?

I've personally witnessed two Garda assisted evictions in my own area. Do you believe that tenants aren't often evicted at the whim of a landlord? Should every tenant meekly accept their lot regardless the landlord's intent? Look at the media in the last few days for an example of a landlord who was "selling his property" only to put it on AirBnB once the tenants were shifted. Of course there's good and bad, but on both sides. There are terrible tenants and terrible landlords. I pointed out that AGS need to be careful of optics and transparency and not the tools of shitty governments.

I don't hold a candle for SF and I'm old enough to remember their shenanigans. They are not my 'scummy party' and I've no wish to see them elected into power. My point is simply that the current government is not working and that will gradually give the likes of SF power whether we like it or not. The current lot are blatantly under the influence of industry lobbyists preventing any meaningful solution to the housing issue.