Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

JK Rowling Tribute thread

The burning issues of the day
schmittel
Verified Username

JK Rowling Tribute thread

Post by schmittel »

Just because she's a damn hero.

Setanta

Re: JK Rowling Tribute thread

Post by Setanta »

Isn't she one of the English who rocked into Scotland,and voted against it's independence??

Read her rethoric and dogma,surrounding Scottish independence and it's difficult to believe the irony with where she's arrived at now....not a hero to anyone who ever hopes to see our country reunited
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
schmittel
Verified Username

Post by schmittel »

Setanta wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:49 pm Isn't she one of the English who rocked into Scotland,and voted against it's independence??

Read her rethoric and dogma,surrounding Scottish independence and it's difficult to believe the irony with where she's arrived at now....not a hero to anyone who ever hopes to see our country reunited
Any links to her rhetoric and dogma on Scottish independence?
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

schmittel wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:56 pm Any links to her rhetoric and dogma on Scottish independence?
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/ ... rry-potter

Anybody who has the guts to stand up against the SNP rabble has my admiration. According to the Guardian piece she gave £1 million to the anti-independence campaign in 2014, but she seems to be a bit undecided now due to Brexit.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I love JK Rowling for the way she has stood up for women who are fighting against the attempted erasure of womanhood by the insane illogical gender theory ideology. She is a good person. Someone put it really well - since the beginning of time the human species has known that females have given birth to all humans that have ever existed, but lately some men say they have a girly kind of magical soul inside them and now the whole freaking world has forgotten what is a woman.

I saw an announcement yesterday that all the Harry Potter films are now on Netflix. I might check them out again. My children grew up with the books and going to the cinema for the newest Harry Potter film was a big treat for us all. I remember them as being really entertaining. My kids were 11, 6 and 5 when the films came out so they grew up with them over the next ten years.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Seanybiker

Post by Seanybiker »

I love her. She's amazing. She's great for sticking up for real women and she's funny as feck. That's enough for me.