Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Meta Fined

The burning issues of the day
kadman
Verified Username

Meta Fined

Post by kadman »

Here we are listening to advice and warnings about China, Tiktok, Huawei, ect,ect stealing data and sending it to China. And lo and behold a mega US multi billion dollar corpo is doing exactly the same thing, and then we say china is the real criminal when it comes to cybersecurity, but the US is doing it quite openly. Give me a break.
Meta has been fined a record-breaking €1.2 billion ($1.3 billion) by European Union regulators for violating EU privacy laws by transferring the personal data of Facebook users to servers in the United States.

Re: Meta Fined

Post by 95438756 »

Delete your fb profile so.
Post on LinkedIn instead although place is filling up with platitudes.

Post by 95438756 »

Delete your fb profile so.
Post on LinkedIn instead although place is filling up with platitudes.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

I should have said fee instead of fine.Thats what it is, their fee to be able to continue in exactly the same fashion. Corporations dont pay fines, they pay fees and carry on regardless.

Post by 678904673 »

Its one thing to issue a fine. Its quite another to collect it. I suspect that both parties will reach an "amicable" agreement
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Happy Days wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:29 pm Its one thing to issue a fine. Its quite another to collect it. I suspect that both parties will reach an "amicable" agreement
Point is its laughable to listen to the US warning us of the evils of china stealing our information and storing it in China. And here is a massive US corporation doing exactly the same thing.

And I like to think of it as more of a fee than a fine. No one is accountable, the US have the information, and things carry on as usual.

Smoke and mirrors, its Ireland and the Eu seen to be doing their job in protecting our personal information from corporations looking to exploit us. Its already happened numerous times already with the same names attached. But we like to feel we are being protected. More bull S.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

kadman wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:37 pm Point is its laughable to listen to the US warning us of the evils of china stealing our information and storing it in China. And here is a massive US corporation doing exactly the same thing.

And I like to think of it as more of a fee than a fine. No one is accountable, the US have the information, and things carry on as usual.

Smoke and mirrors, its Ireland and the Eu seen to be doing their job in protecting our personal information from corporations looking to exploit us. Its already happened numerous times already with the same names attached. But we like to feel we are being protected. More bull S.
All the US sabre rattling and fear mongering to point of racism about china,is near entirely driven by a desire to continue US hedgemony and the hedgemony of its corporations.... I've never seen enough solid evidence beyond hypocritical insinuations around tik tok to merit the level of mistrust attempted fostered in it

They're actively ramping up tensions around china,in effort to maufacture consent for a war,with a country that simply isn't interested in fighting a war with em,
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein

Post by 95438756 »

And now as Meta management now feel just a little teensy weensy ticked off about the Irish government approach, well, meta is going to proceed with the next round of Irish meta redundancies.

Post by 95438756 »

Setanta

Post by Setanta »

gugleguy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:26 pm And so Facebook gets its own back
https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2023/0 ... a-ireland/
Maybe they can do what was demanded of construction/older workers in 08/09 and retrain.....heard there's a shortage of builders🤔
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein