Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Australian doctors find live parasitic worm in woman's brain

The burning issues of the day
Calahonda52
Verified Username

Australian doctors find live parasitic worm in woman's brain

Post by Calahonda52 »

Must say I enjoyed reading this earlier while nibbling on a salad straight, and unwashed, from the garden

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2023/0829 ... australia/
Researchers believe the woman was infected after foraging for edible shrubs near her house, which were likely contaminated with parasitic larvae shed in snake faeces.
Calahonda52
Verified Username

Re: Australian doctors find live parasitic worm in woman's brain

Post by Calahonda52 »

Just as well Patrick did his bit for the snakes
The Kitchen Sink

Post by The Kitchen Sink »

I have lesions on me brain too but no worms in there which is surprising considering how much snake faeces I eat.
Deleted

Post by Deleted »

I love the way the BBC article starts the hinting at further lockdowns and pandemics : - they just can't let it go the freaks ..
Dr Senanayake - who is also an associate professor of medicine at the Australian National University (ANU) - told the BBC the case is a warning.

The ANU team reports that 30 new types of infections have appeared in the last 30 years. Three-quarters are zoonotic - infectious diseases that have jumped from animals to humans.

"It just shows as a human population burgeons, we move closer and encroach on animal habitats. This is an issue we see again and again, whether it's Nipah virus that's gone from wild bats to domestic pigs and then into people, whether it's a coronavirus like Sars or Mers that has jumped from bats into possibly a secondary animal and then into humans."

"Even though Covid is now slowly petering away, it is really important for epidemiologists… and governments to make sure they've got good infectious diseases surveillance around."
No, Covid was developed in a lab you lying fearmongering c*unt, now we know you are ripping the prick off yourself with rusty barbed wire begging for a new pandemic .... but just f*ck off you big pharma shilling thug.