Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Israel and Palestine

The burning issues of the day
marhay70

Re: Israel and Palestine

Post by marhay70 »

Very noticeable when viewed on unbiased media, how many Hamas members were carrying cameras and filming the release of hostages. Another reason perhaps, to have this appear as civilised as possible. The fingerprints of Iran are all over this, this is typical of the way they operate.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The following is what I referred to in an earlier post about Hamas leader visiting the hostages:-
A released settler prisoner recounted her time in Gaza to zionist sources. According to her, while in a tunnel, a bearded man entered to speak to them. In perfect Hebrew, he told them, "You are very safe here. Nothing will happen to you."

That man, according to the woman, was Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar
(http s://t.me/PalestineResist/17076),
who learned Hebrew while he was imprisoned. Sinwar is extremely knowledgeable on the history of zionism and its pioneers. Commander Sinwar was liberated
(http s://t.me/PalestineResist/9470)
from the zionist prisons as part of the 2011 Loyalty to the Free prisoner exchange
(http s://t.me/PalestineResist/286).
* I inserted a space in the 'https' to 'http s' so if you wish to see the links correct that edit.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The irony is Yahya had a brain tumour while in Israeli jail and he was operated on and his life was saved by Israeli surgeons. He then went on years later to lead a terrorist organisation called Hamas which went on the mass slaughter and gang rape rampage in Israeli kibbutzes and a youth festival, resulting in over 1000 dead. It would be an interesting question on one of those philosophy or ethics papers in university - knowing that a person would go on in the future to lead a gang who will commit a brutal slaughter against your people, should / would you save their life now if you can?
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

It appears the US is to drive the ethnic cleansing of Gaza Strip.
Should this happen then The West Bank will probably be next. It's already cut to pieces by illegal settlements so it probably would not take a lot of effort to finally 'cleanse' it of all Palestinians.

Israeli daily Israel Hayom has uncovered an initiative in the US Congress to forcibly displace the population of the #Gaza Strip to 4 countries, and the numbers have been determined.

The initiative calls for making US aid to Arab countries conditional on their willingness to accept refugees from Gaza. The plan was presented to senior members of the House and Senate from both parties and received their blessing.

According to the report, the one who publicly welcomed the proposal and is promoting it is veteran House member Joey Wilson.

Egypt will be forced to open the way for their deportation, says the report, as it is the only passage, and it will take its share (one million). Half a million people are scheduled for forcible transfer to Turkey, a quarter of a million to Yemen, and a quarter of a million to Iraq.
photo_2023-11-29_15-22-25.jpg
photo_2023-11-29_15-22-25.jpg (99.51 KiB) Viewed 97408 times
photo_2023-11-29_15-22-48.jpg
photo_2023-11-29_15-22-48.jpg (78.46 KiB) Viewed 97408 times

I did not locate the Israel Hayom link after a quick check but here is an alternative page
https://newsrnd.com/news/2023-11-29-new ... 9PVHp.html
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

PureIsle wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:51 pm It appears the US is to drive the ethnic cleansing of Gaza Strip.
Should this happen then The West Bank will probably be next. It's already cut to pieces by illegal settlements so it probably would not take a lot of effort to finally 'cleanse' it of all Palestinians.

I did not locate the Israel Hayom link after a quick check but here is an alternative page
https://newsrnd.com/news/2023-11-29-new ... 9PVHp.html
You need to turn off your internets for a while and go reconnect with reality.

It's incredibly obvious that this is not in the least bit credible, you can't find the sources to back up these ridiculous fake news stories, yet you continue to post them here anyway.

This kind of crap isn't intelligent participation in conversation with other reasonable adults.

It's just an idiot or a wind-up merchant with time on his hands looking for entertainment.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I don't agree. However cross a different even objectionable opinion makes one - and I'm as guilty of that as the next, especially as I feel very strongly, even traumatised, in this case about the violence against women meted out by Hamas - if the opinion holder is not being provocatively mean or abusive etc, I support people's rights to have and express them.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

isha wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:14 pm I don't agree. However cross a different even objectionable opinion makes one - and I'm as guilty of that as the next, especially as I feel very strongly, even traumatised, in this case about the violence against women meted out by Hamas - if the opinion holder is not being provocatively mean or abusive etc, I support people's rights to have and express them.
I don't disagree with you, but this very same person asks for verifiable sources when they don't like an argument someone makes, yet posts their speculative shite with links to bullshit sources as some kind of validation for their nonsense.

I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just done with watching this fool look for entertainment from all of this. It's perverse.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

isha wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:14 pm I don't agree. However cross a different even objectionable opinion makes one - and I'm as guilty of that as the next, especially as I feel very strongly, even traumatised, in this case about the violence against women meted out by Hamas - if the opinion holder is not being provocatively mean or abusive etc, I support people's rights to have and express them.
It would be nice if they actually engaged when someone calls them out on some of the shyte, but they refuse to.

All they want to do is just dump shyte that is very much aimed at having a pop at one side.

What is despicable is that they have gone out of their way to excuse hamas and what they did on Oct 7th.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Unfortunately during war time, innocent civilian non combatants are a easy target for all sorts of abuses, but on a worldwide scale every single country is guilty of it. When THEY do it, its a heinous deed to be condemned and justice demanded. When WE as in the west do it its not talked about, or given any media attention at all. Amnesty international is called forward when we need their verification for crimes, and its totally ignored when it doesn't suit the narrative.

I am having a pop at all of those that behave horrendously to each other in war time. But I am slowly coming to the realization that there is fek all I can do as a person to change anything at all, and constantly delving into this on a daily basis in such a situation is mind numbing and not good for a persons wellbeing.....
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The bombardment of Gaza recommences.
100+ murdered so far today and many more wounded.
Yet again it is mostly women and children.
Israeli warplanes attacked the city of Khan Yunis in Southern Gaza.

So having forced people to move into the south they are now more tightly packed for mass murder by carpet bombing, and still no one stops the murderers.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

kadman wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:48 pm Unfortunately during war time, innocent civilian non combatants are a easy target for all sorts of abuses, but on a worldwide scale every single country is guilty of it. When THEY do it, its a heinous deed to be condemned and justice demanded. When WE as in the west do it its not talked about, or given any media attention at all. Amnesty international is called forward when we need their verification for crimes, and its totally ignored when it doesn't suit the narrative.

I am having a pop at all of those that behave horrendously to each other in war time. But I am slowly coming to the realization that there is fek all I can do as a person to change anything at all, and constantly delving into this on a daily basis in such a situation is mind numbing and not good for a persons wellbeing.....
Probably the best any individual can do is to speak/write of what you know so others can be informed.
Inevitably one side's view/propaganda is what we get in main stream media to the detriment of an overall view of the situation.
Unfortunately, IMO, the facilities for exchanging views and information are being seriously curtailed so that access to views/info not in accordance with the 'official' narrative are being reduced.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

PureIsle wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:04 pm The bombardment of Gaza recommences.
100+ murdered so far today and many more wounded.
Yet again it is mostly women and children.
Israeli warplanes attacked the city of Khan Yunis in Southern Gaza.

So having forced people to move into the south they are now more tightly packed for mass murder by carpet bombing, and still no one stops the murderers.
So you missed the satellite evidence which shows that Hamas made the first move by firing rockets into Israel? This has not been disputed, even by Hamas' cheerleaders. So once more, Hamas has invited Israeli retaliation on Gaza.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

PureIsle wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:09 am Well if looking at the psychology then you are looking at what is behind the attitude and actions of the parties as a means of explanation (not excuse) of the forces that brought on those actions.
Presumably you are looking at both sides of this conflict and how they both take people off the street and incarcerate them, and how they are treated while held.

I would find it interesting to read assessments of both and maybe a comparison also.
I see little value in considering only one side of the coin.
If you care to share I would like to read your thoughts.
To be honest I have made no assessments or comparisons. I just have a bunch of opinions.

Israel shows a complete lack of regard for the people of Palestine. I don't agree with any of it but I understand it. Members of Hamas are also the people on the street going home to their families. Impossible to know who is who so let us restrict the whole of Gaza.

The hatred goes around and around generation to generation. "I hate Jewish people for what they are doing to our lives so I will fight them".
"We must protect Israel by any means necessary so we will continue the blockade".

Everyone of us has a right to a home and a land for our people. If Israel and Palestine could remove the blinkers from their eyes and imagine what it would be like for them all if there was no constant conflict and they lived alongside each other, how so much better their lives would be. Don't they want that for themselves?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

On and on they go about the effing "far right" and instead there's actual evidence of HEZBOLLAH recruiting in Ireland!!!!

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/u ... -presence/

And on a not unrelated note, do look for video of Boyd Barrett going full on anti Semitic at a rally yesterday. I couldn't be arsed to link the rabid little (insert expletive of choice)😠
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

isha wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:40 pm On and on they go about the effing "far right" and instead there's actual evidence of HEZBOLLAH recruiting in Ireland!!!!

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/u ... -presence/

And on a not unrelated note, do look for video of Boyd Barrett going full on anti Semitic at a rally yesterday. I couldn't be arsed to link the rabid little (insert expletive of choice)😠
Varadkar and Martin and the rest of the "nodding dog" morons in Dáil Eireann will wait until we have our own Bataclan before they acknowledge we have a problem.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I sincerely hope we never experience such.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Over 700 Palestinians killed by Israeli strikes since yesterday. Mostly women and children of course, all forcibly herded into closely packed groups to make them easier to eliminate!

Not to worry though this is just self defence! :roll:
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

PureIsle wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:18 pm Over 700 Palestinians killed by Israeli strikes since yesterday. Mostly women and children of course, all forcibly herded into closely packed groups to make them easier to eliminate!

Numbers independently verified or where are you getting them from? One side's propaganda is as reliable as the other.
'no more blah blah blah'
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Dec 3rd
The director-general of the Government Media Office in Gaza reports that more than 700 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza during the last 24 hours.
The statement also included
Israel says expanding ground offensive to south Gaza.

More than 15,500 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza since October 7, with thousands more believed to be trapped in the rubble. In Israel, the official death toll stands at 1,200.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Leaving this here for the record. I can't read it fully. It's unbearable in the scope and depth of the depravity. This one day of intimate, personalised, up close assault by Hamas must rank as one of the worst days of human history.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ctims.html
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

isha wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:09 am Leaving this here for the record. I can't read it fully. It's unbearable in the scope and depth of the depravity. This one day of intimate, personalised, up close assault by Hamas must rank as one of the worst days of human history.

We will have our resident hamas apologist along in a while demanding to know the names and addresses of the supposed vict5ims as "freedom fighters" such as hamas couldn't possibly be degenerates.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

isha wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:09 am Leaving this here for the record. I can't read it fully. It's unbearable in the scope and depth of the depravity. This one day of intimate, personalised, up close assault by Hamas must rank as one of the worst days of human history.

I presume the ones who raped the men were immediately thrown from the tops of tall buildings or hung from cranes on their return to Gaza.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

PureIsle wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:18 pm Over 700 Palestinians killed by Israeli strikes since yesterday. Mostly women and children of course, all forcibly herded into closely packed groups to make them easier to eliminate!

And your source is the Government Media Office in Gaza. This is your idea of an "independent source", really? Any semblance of credibility you might have had has just gone out the window.
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

marhay70 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:39 am I presume the ones who raped the men were immediately thrown from the tops of tall buildings or hung from cranes on their return to Gaza.
Oh didn't you know? Raping a man isn't gay apparently - only being raped by another man is gay. No need for any punishments 🤬
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

It never ceases to amaze me how a bunch who detest homosexuals are still very fond of the old sodomy.

Didn't old Gadiffi get a going over just before being despatched from this world.

Wasn't it the old rulers of that part of the world that gave rise to the old saying "women are for children, boys are for fun".

And it aint just areas ruled by Ottomans.
The Afghans have an old practice called "bacha bazi".
One of the few half decent things the taliban did was execute anyone caught at it.
They claimed it too un-islamic.