Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Israel and Palestine

The burning issues of the day
knownunknown

Re: Israel and Palestine

Post by knownunknown »

Norman Breaks wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:42 pm Wow, haha, the depths you'll crawl. Literal bullets were shot out of guns aimed at innocent, starved civilians and you're somehow equating that to BLM rallies? You've lost the plot mate.
Who was driving the trucks? They were the ones scared for their lives. It’s a metaphor and a very appropriate one. People like you trying to rewrite exactly what happened, propagating Hamas propaganda. The trucks were surrounded by hundreds of people and the stampeded happened first. It was a tragic, horrific event and not the massacre you describe where the Israel’s lead and trapped thousands of Palestinians into a cold blooded massacre. Cop yourself on.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Norman Breaks wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:46 pm. South Africa didn't just make up a few white lies for the ICJ.
South Africa is open hunting ground," Pretoria-based counter-terrorism expert Jasmine Opperman told AFP.

Islamist financiers gather money in the country and transfer it into "the hands of terrorism," she said, adding it was internationally recognised "that we are now a hub".
https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/2 ... or-funding

It’s on the EUs Latest version of the list of high-risk third countries

https://finance.ec.europa.eu/financial- ... ntering_en

And the FATF list of not fully complying with international standards around the prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing and proliferation financing.
https://www.investec.com/en_za/focus/ec ... sted-.html#
Last edited by knownunknown on Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Trucks make bullet wounds now?

Yes, some people were run over by the trucks but the majority was due to guns and tanks. The gunfire is what shook the drivers, not the crowd.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

knownunknown wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:51 pm https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/2 ... or-funding

It’s on the EUs Latest version of the list of high-risk third countries

https://finance.ec.europa.eu/financial- ... ntering_en

And the FATF list of not fully complying with international standards around the prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing and proliferation financing.
https://www.investec.com/en_za/focus/ec ... sted-.html#
What is it you are trying to say here? You're trying to counter my point with an article that say there is terrorist fundraising happening in SA, therefore trying to delegitimize what the SA gov had to say at the ICJ. However from the VERY SAME Article you posted -

""I don't think South Africa realised it. It was the Americans who said, 'something not okay is going on in your country,'" Hans-Jakob Schindler, director of the Counter-Extremism Project think-tank, told AFP."

Please explain the point you were trying to make incase I misconstrued it.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Norman Breaks wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:55 pm Trucks make bullet wounds now?

Yes, some people were run over by the trucks but the majority was due to guns and tanks. The gunfire is what shook the drivers, not the crowd.
That lady describes this incident as a “straight forward massacre” completely omitting the nuance of the situation and the environment in which it happened. The people overwhelmed the trucks and I’m sure the drivers for scared for their lives. The logistics of the aid Israel was supplying were severely lacking here. It isn’t a cold blooded massacre, only a tiny population of radicals, the type of media you’re following, are spreading this propaganda.
They were trying to help them.

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Norman Breaks wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:01 pm What is it you are trying to say here? You're trying to counter my point with an article that say there is terrorist fundraising happening in SA, therefore trying to delegitimize what the SA gov had to say at the ICJ. However from the VERY SAME Article you posted -

""I don't think South Africa realised it. It was the Americans who said, 'something not okay is going on in your country,'" Hans-Jakob Schindler, director of the Counter-Extremism Project think-tank, told AFP."

Please explain the point you were trying to make incase I misconstrued it.
South Africa were the only country to make a case of genocide to the ICJ and they are on several world and eu lists for being hubs of jihadist terrorism, the type of terrorism present in Gaza. Germany, who defended Israel against genocide, are one of the few countries to have admitted to and recognized genocide in their own history.
The German government sharply rejected on Friday allegations before the UN’s top court that Israel is committing “genocide” in Gaza and warned against “political instrumentalization” of the charge, as it announced it would intervene as a third party before the International Court of Justice.
After the hearing[the case brought to the ICJ by south africa], Germany, which, like the US and UK, backs and arms Israel, said it would make a third-party intervention on behalf of its ally, saying that in view of its history – as perpetrator of the Holocaust against Jews – it “sees itself as particularly committed to the genocide convention”. It called the case against Israel “completely unfounded”.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... -the-hague
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Did you watch the full video where she said the overwhelming majority of those treated were for gunshot wounds.
One hospital said of the 176 treated, 142 were for gunshot wounds. Please please PLEASE explain to me like I'm 5, how panicked truck drivers and a stampeding crowd inflicted gun shot wounds to at least 142 starving people?

Also the bit from the other hospital where 100% of those treated was for gunshot wounds. Shots to the head and upper body, aka not warning shots.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

You make incorrect and misguided statements. I refute, discredit or disprove your claims, you then ignore my rebuttal and move on to the next talking point that fits your narrative in order to deny the obviously planned and calculated genocide on the Palestinian people.
The same playbook a flat earther I know used to employ. Painfully obvious stuff to the rest of us, yet she would quote these BS you tube vids. I would explain how it was BS using science and she would ignore it and move on to the next 'proof'.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

First point ......... you have not show those 'more than one' border with Gaza that is not controlled by Israel.
Egypt allows aid through, but Israel stops it.
I hope you do realise that at a border crossing there are two sides?
Israel is in COMPLETE control on the Gaza side.

Don't take my word for it, just refer back to the many times Israeli officials told the world that Israel would not allow food, water, medicines or fuel to enter Gaza.

Israel did not just begin this after Oct 7th. Israel has controlled the amount of goods entering Gaza for years. Heck there is even record of Israel calculating the number of calories per person required to keep the Palestinians from starving prior to Oct 7th. so they know what the limit would be to allow through. That has changed of course. Now we see pics and videos of dying and dead people, some teens and others babies. It is horrific!

Just today there is another massacre event of people awaiting food aid at Al Nabulsi roundabout in northern Gaza.
Of course those murderous Israelis are not to blame. They were just defending themselves - yet again!

I dunno which is more sickening - the Israeli massacres or the support provided for those murderous events.
knownunknown wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:35 pm I didn’t see anyone post about “the murder of the Palestinians” before October 7th. The day Hamas invaded Israel and killed over 1,000 people in cold blood and took 250 hostage and since still hold about a 100.
I guess you have not been paying attention. That is your problem not that of others.
knownunknown wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:48 pm Intellectually dishonest. You have said that a genocide is happening because of blockades. Here is the Rafa crossing under Egyptian control.
No I did not! ..... and then you quote me to prove me correct ....
Add to that the blockade of food, water, and power to Gaza, causing severe suffering, death and starvation to the population, as well as the continuous destruction of housing, hospitals, mosques and other 'safe havens', ensuring a lack of shelter during Winter for the displaced civilians, it can, IMO, only be seen as a deliberate destruction of the Palestinian population and thus a genocide.
showing clearly who is dishonest and misrepresenting others.
The deliberate destruction of the Palestinian people is genocide.
I said so clearly.

It appears you have gone so far down your rabbit hole you have no way to get back to reality.

This has become just a circular discussion, regardless how much information is provided you refuse to acknowledge it.

It makes little difference in the end.
The Israeli Zionist state is a terrorist organisation hell-bent on eliminating all Palestinians from their lands and apparently they mostly enjoy doing so based on the videos they post of cheering and laughter while shooting children and teens and blowing up homes.

They are a disgusting bunch of murderers.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Norman Breaks wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:20 pm You make incorrect and misguided statements. I refute, discredit or disprove your claims, you then ignore my rebuttal and move on to the next talking point that fits your narrative in order to deny the obviously planned and calculated genocide on the Palestinian people.
The same playbook a flat earther I know used to employ. Painfully obvious stuff to the rest of us, yet she would quote these BS you tube vids. I would explain how it was BS using science and she would ignore it and move on to the next 'proof'.
When all else fails he tries to divert to Northern Ireland, South Africa and then Germany.

Anything but face the reality of what Israel is doing in Gaza, and has been doing for decades to a lesser extent.

Maybe one of these days he will post his proof and show the rest of the world how wrong they are to think so badly of the Israeli scum.

scum : a slimy film on a solid object
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

In other news, lawyers in Canada are suing the government for military exports to Israel. BBC still using the word conflict instead of genocide but here we are.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68451085
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Norman Breaks wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:19 pm In other news, lawyers in Canada are suing the government for military exports to Israel. BBC still using the word conflict instead of genocide but here we are.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68451085
Viewing the way Canada has gone recently, even to the point of honouring a Nazi in their parliament, I don't hold out a lot of hope for this case, but I wish it to succeed.

On another subject, this 70 minute video might be of interest to some

How Zionism Indoctrinated the West with Ahmed Paul Keeler
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

An update on the physical destruction in Gaza resulting from Israel "defending" itself for ~150 days ........

Israel completely destroyed about 70,000 housing units -> levelled.

Another 290,000 residential homes have been partially destroyed and are currently uninhabitable.

Continuous air and artillery strikes by the Israeli army led to the destruction of
32 hospitals and
53 medical centres

Around 200 archaeological sites and cultural heritage sites were also destroyed on Palestinian territory.

During the conflict, over 70,000 tons of explosives were dropped on the Gaza Strip.

.... and no one stops it ......... :twisted:
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

PureIsle wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:03 am .... and no one stops it ......... :twisted:
And the US funds it.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

There is a definite change in the output on RTÉ News.
I just caught a small part of today's NEWS and it showed a map of Gaza and its borders and said quite clearly that Israel controls all aid entering from Egypt as well as controlling the other border crossings.

The report also made very clear that dropping aid from aircraft does little to ease the situation.
It mention that the USA suggests it could build an 'aid port' to bring aid by sea.

At the present rate there will be few Palestinians left by the time that could be completed.

There is a much simpler way to end this situation ...
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I thought about creating this as it's own thread but wasn't sure, so I'll put it here for now.

Boycotts DO work.

https://bdsmovement.net/

BDS is by no means new, however it is gaining more attention in recent month due to the continuing genocide in Gaza.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bds-bo ... -1.7042139

https://bdsmovement.net/get-involved/what-to-boycott

If enough people take small actions by spending thoughtfully it adds up and in the case of Puma, can have real world effects.

https://www.newarab.com/opinion/we-forc ... he%20world.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Boycotts do work, as demonstrated years ago when used against the S.A. apartheid regime.

The blocking of Israeli bound shipping is also having a serious effect on the Israeli economy.
Adso_of_Melk

Post by Adso_of_Melk »

All the deaths are on Hamas.
Every last one.

This won't end, Israel stops now and there will be another October 7th ... and another ... and another ....

Foot to the floor Israel ... finish this..
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Adso_of_Melk wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:47 pm All the deaths are on Hamas.
Every last one.

This won't end, Israel stops now and there will be another October 7th ... and another ... and another ....

Exactly, this child is a dirty murdering bastard!

Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Every last one.
False.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Every last one.

Are you related to this despicable character by any chance?

Rabbi Eliyahu Mali, head of the Shirat Moshe Yeshiva (a yeshiva is an academy for the advanced study of Jewish texts) in occupied Jaffa, Tel Aviv, says that according to the halakhic principle, all residents in Gaza should be killed – no exceptions.

When asked during a conference if babies should be killed as well, he said: “The same thing. You can't be clever with the Torah. Today he's a baby, tomorrow he's a fighter. There are no questions here. Today's terrorists were previously 8-year-old children."
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I'm not gonna give that troll anymore air.

Here is another boycott video

PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

I have just read the following, but have not yet confirmed it:-
Canada and Sweden restored funding to the UN agency for Palestinian refugees, UNRWA, after the organisation accused Israel of forcing some of its staff to make false statements about their involvement in Hamas.
Have others seen this reported?

Also, I have been reading about this temporary pier for some days now. I hope its main purpose is not to take Palestinians out of Gaza, as some have suggested.
The US Central Command says a US army ship carrying supplies to build a “temporary pier” in Gaza has departed from the United States.
The air drop of miniscule amounts of aid has actually killed a number of people on the ground. A number of parachutes failed to open and people gathering for aid were struck by the falling boxes, killing some.
Not a 'good look'.
Adso_of_Melk

Post by Adso_of_Melk »

Sorry your rapist army is losing lads...
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

I've also read about Canada and Sweden resuming aid. The pier is not a good idea and some are saying it's going to be used in the extraction of oil and gas just off the coast. Stolen from the Palestinian people.