Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Israel and Palestine

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Israel and Palestine

Post by isha »

I must admit this has caught me on the hop. Hundreds killed since yesterday.

Hama's and Hezbollah in Lebanon attacking Israel and Israel lashing into Gaza.

Sounds like hell.

Another issue upon which people hold visceral and deeply divided opinions, and hate the people on the"other side". I don't know enough about what sparked this. Will try to find out. No good can come of it, that's all I know.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: Israel and Palestine

Post by Del.Monte »

As usual the Americans and the UN to blame for doing nothing since the last flare up and the loons in Iran for pouring petrol onto the flames.
'no more blah blah blah'
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

isha wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:29 pm I must admit this has caught me on the hop. Hundreds killed since yesterday.

Hama's and Hezbollah in Lebanon attacking Israel and Israel lashing into Gaza.

Sounds like hell.

Another issue upon which people hold visceral and deeply divided opinions, and hate the people on the"other side". I don't know enough about what sparked this. Will try to find out. No good can come of it, that's all I know.
It's all very disturbing, my main fear is how quickly it could escalate into WW3.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Well yes with Iran helping Palestine (and Russia) and the US backing Israel (in a general sense if I have my facts correct) it looks like a Middle East front of the ongoing war in eastern Europe.

I just don't know. People are fkn mad to flirt with such danger. But sure I suppose one could say WW3 would be a quick way for us all to die. Not much time for brutality and long drawn out suffering.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Is it wrong to think and say that the bombardment of Israel by Hamas and the massacre of Israelis is barbaric and the long term treatment, land grabbing and regularly brutal treatment by Israelis of Palestinians in Gaza is barbaric?
Can't both these things be true?
In the end it is ordinary people who are affected by all this endless use of ordnance.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

Also wondering how Putin will try to use this Israeli-Palestinian situation to his advantage?
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Apelles wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:07 pm Also wondering how Putin will try to use this Israeli-Palestinian situation to his advantage?
Well Zelensky has already taken sides urging them to retaliate

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I have to close Twitter. It's disgusting what's going on. Brutal.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Zelensky has to support Israel or else his US support will dry up. Will the official Irish lover affair with the Ukraine continue? :roll:
'no more blah blah blah'
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:44 pm Zelensky has to support Israel or else his US support will dry up. Will the official Irish lover affair with the Ukraine continue? :roll:
Our leaders have been straight out to take the side of Israeli apartheid to torture and murder more Palestinians
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Condemning Israel - politically expedient way to be antisemitic.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Fair play to em all the same,Israel have been doing an unusual high level of blaggarding all year to the Palestinians... slaughtering kids,bombing entire towna,burning out farms and concreting over wells....

the PC left might hate it,but you can only openly commit war crimes against a populace for so long,people eventually have to take it upon emselves to defend themselves and stop relying on international aid which never comes
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I have had a lot of sympathy for the Palestinian people for decades. They have had a terrible time. I have been angered so much by settlements encroaching on their land, their olive trees burned, their children shot at play.

The images I have seen of the naked corpse of a young Israeli woman behind driven through town to be spat on, and the woman being transferred roughly from the boot of a 4x4 to the front seats, with the whole seat of her trousers covered in blood because very likely she has been brutally gang raped, the children being carted off as hostages, the photos of massacred families, the gloating, chanting, the barbarity, it has been an eye opener.

Hamas I hope and at this time presume doesn't represent the ordinary Palestinian, but they are given succour by sufficient among the population for them to have thrived and turned into this ISIS-like barbarian horde. With all that backing from those crazy mullahs in Iran, and the barbaric misogynists invited in from Afghanistan.

I don't know. Can such possessed people ever be brought to reason or peace?

I know imagery from war is collated and propagandise. It's hard to know what is real. But what is emerging has been sickening. The Palestinian cause may have died today, which is sad for those good Palestinians who just want a piece of earth to live on.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

isha wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:46 pm I have had a lot of sympathy for the Palestinian people for decades. They have had a terrible time. I have been angered so much by settlements encroaching on their land, their olive trees burned, their children shot at play.

The images I have seen of the naked corpse of a young Israeli woman behind driven through town to be spat on, and the woman being transferred roughly from the boot of a 4x4 to the front seats, with the whole seat of her trousers covered in blood because very likely she has been brutally gang raped, the children being carted off as hostages, the photos of massacred families, the gloating, chanting, the barbarity, it has been an eye opener.

Hamas I hope and at this time presume doesn't represent the ordinary Palestinian, but they are given succour by sufficient among the population for them to have thrived and turned into this ISIS-like barbarian horde. With all that backing from those crazy mullahs in Iran, and the barbaric misogynists invited in from Afghanistan.

I don't know. Can such possessed people ever be brought to reason or peace?

I know imagery from war is collated and propagandise. It's hard to know what is real. But what is emerging has been sickening. The Palestinian cause may have died today, which is sad for those good Palestinians who just want a piece of earth to live on.
They have no other outlet,been humiliated and treated as apartheid system as long as I can remember....they've waited generations for someone to speak out and up for them...you can't wait forever for the government and politicians to bring issues to the table and sort them for you

Israel has gone on a turkey shoot in Gaza with last 6 hours and killed 300 or so,most likely as usual,mostly completely innocent Palestinians

it would seem either Israeli political establishment needs to begin proper negotiations for peace or face increasing tet-offensive style attacks into future (they will likely crush this over next week plus),but face another next year if they don't begin to face upto the situation they've created
Last edited by Setanta on Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Deleted

Post by Deleted »

Razor sharp Biden soon to speak about it.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Setanta, can you link to a report about the Israeli "turkey shoot" with so many dead, please? I have missed that part of the story.

Edit, sorry I see some of it now, I had to quit following the story this afternoon because of the emerging reports.

It really is a catastrophe all round
Last edited by isha on Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted

Post by Deleted »

isha wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:13 pm Setanta, can you link to a report about the Israeli "turkey shoot" with so many dead, please? I have missed that part of the story.
Cos it's bollocks, Israel don't murder civilians ...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

RogerMoore wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:14 pm Cos it's bollocks, Israel don't murder civilians ...
No, it appears there are attacks in Gaza also with many deaths.
JERUSALEM/GAZA/SDEROT Oct 7 (Reuters) - Gunmen from the Palestinian group Hamas rampaged through Israeli towns on Saturday killing and capturing scores of civilians and soldiers in a surprise assault, met by Israel with massive retaliatory air strikes that killed scores in the Gaza Strip.

The worst attack on Israel for decades unleashed a war that both sides vowed to escalate. At least 200 Israelis were reported killed and 1,100 wounded by gunbattles raging in more than 20 locations inside Israel. In Gaza, health officials reported more than 230 people killed and 1,600 wounded.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-ea ... 023-10-07/
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

RogerMoore wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:14 pm Cos it's bollocks, Israel don't murder civilians ...
They've been doing it all my life,while noone speaks out against them and the yanks back em in the UN

Now that Palestinians have (over) reacted and launched incursions (likely war crimes)of their own,the left are outraged,while seemingly oblivious to the previous decades of an open air prison they have helped Israel to create
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

There is some truth in that, Setanta. Although I don't know what this "left" means or has to do with it. Most of the lefties used to wear Palestinian scarves and agitate on behalf of the people in ever shrinking Palestine. As far as I know it was mostly the more conservative or right wing side of politics which has supported Israel over the long haul. Especially Zionism is quite a right wing thing, isn't it?
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Who's going to call them out on this?

https://x.com/AlanRMacLeod/status/17107 ... TVqKQ&s=09
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Setanta wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:58 pm They have no other outlet,been humiliated and treated as apartheid system as long as I can remember....they've waited generations for someone to speak out and up for them...you can't wait forever for the government and politicians to bring issues to the table and sort them for you

Israel has gone on a turkey shoot in Gaza with last 6 hours and killed 300 or so,most likely as usual,mostly completely innocent Palestinians

it would seem either Israeli political establishment needs to begin proper negotiations for peace or face increasing tet-offensive style attacks into future (they will likely crush this over next week plus),but face another next year if they don't begin to face upto the situation they've created
They have no other option but to gang rape a girl and parade her corpse??

Oh fck off.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:41 pm They have no other option but to gang rape a girl and parade her corpse??

Oh fck off.
They treat em like animals and awlfully with generations,you can't complain when they act awlfully and like animals,seems obvious to me anyway....(much like how the direct provision centres here degenerate into chaos regularly and will moreso into future?)

If only the far left had been as eager to hold Israel to account with generations and not turned a blind eye to an open prison they have helped to create....seems like as usual the left want to wash their hands of a situation they have helped to create and use some awlful stuff to justify generations of apartheid rule cheered on by commies and yanks.....

perhaps you could show where waiting for politicians and the PC agenda to work,has resulted in anything other than worsening crisis there🧐
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

2m people live in Gaza. It's like a prison. You can't drink the water it's been sabotaged, there's no employment, nearly everyone relies on handouts and aid. They'll go in now and flatten it, fish in a barrel.
Risteard

Post by Risteard »

The enemies of Palestine who have stolen the country of Palestine have faced just vengeance from the soldiers of Palestine.