Children Stabbed in Dublin

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Children Stabbed in Dublin

Post by isha »

I'm not posting any more about this in the immigration thread as we have no idea who did this. It was just where I read about it first. It could be anyone. But whoever took a knife to three children is a monster.

I'm brought to a halt here with shock about this. Apparently they are all about five years old. Three tiny children. There's no words, it's unimaginable. I'm going to post updates here.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Re: Children Stabbed in Dublin

Post by isha »

Emergency services at the scene of the suspected stabbing in Dublin city centre.

A girl and a woman have been seriously injured in the incident. Three other people, including two other children, have been injured.
It happened outside a girls school on Parnell Square at about 1 pm. It seems people disarmed the man with the knife, took the knife off him, and held him till police came. It's possible the woman injured was a teacher.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Looks like it was a completely random attack. Children exiting the school attacked by man with a knife. Seems like the quick and extremely brave actions of bystanders has prevented something even more terrible.
The incident took place outside Gaelscoil Coláiste Mhuire on Parnell Square East as children were coming out of the school, which caters to primary-age children.

One witness reported that a man was seen attacking a group of young people with a knife. The eyewitness to the incident reported that several individuals intervened and disarmed the man. Several eyewitnesses saw a large knife being taken from the suspected assailant and thrown into grass under trees on the opposite side of the road outside the Rotunda Hospital.
Cobham

Post by Cobham »

I was in that area at the time. Sobering thought. I have been in city centre about 3 times in past 5 yrs.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The people who disarmed the attacker are heroes. Also the first responders - some photos out there that show in their faces how traumatic it is for people who have to deal with such incidents.
Garda Commissioner Drew Harris has said that he is not ruling any motivation for today's attack in or out.

Asked if there could be a terrorist element to what happened, he said: "In effect the investigation has to examine any and all motivations, I'm not ruling any motivation in or out at this moment in time.

"Too early to say, but what we can say is that an individual has been arrested, we're not seeking anyone else in respect of this incident itself at this moment in time but the investigation will obviously unfold."

Mr Harris also said he is not going to comment on the nationality of the suspect, adding that there has been a "huge amount" of speculation online on that subject.

He said the motive behind the attack will be part of the investigation.

"I'm not going to characterise it as any particular type of incident or give it a character. Obviously the circumstances and motivation behind this incident will be very important in terms of the investigation that will unfold.

"It's too early to say it's either this or the other, it's a live investigation and part of that obviously is to determine the motivation."

The Commissioner also confirmed that members of the public intervened to apprehend the suspect.

"Yes indeed, it would appear that following the actual incident itself and as part of the incident itself members of the public who were passing by intervened and in effect then grappled with this individual and that allowed gardaí on arrival to arrest that individual."
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I hope the child and woman who are seriously injured will make a full recovery.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This is the statement from the Gardaí

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

A protest is happening in Dublin
All traffic and public transport through O'Connell Street has been blocked by protesters gathering near the scene where three children and a women were stabbed on Parnell Square.
A number of buses cannot pass the group to turn onto the street, while the Green line Luas also remains suspended.

Protesters have since broken through a garda cordon and could be heard chanting “get them out".

A Garda armed support unit vehicle was forced to turn around after a group of protestors blocked the path forward.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's going to be a tense night. People are very angry. I think coming on the heels of the murder trial of recent weeks, there's a lot of anger.

I don't see how this serves anyone.
But that's easy for me to say living far away from everything. These people live with the problems of lack of integration because of large orchestrated demographic changes.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I'm seeing video of riot police and clashes but I can't verify if it's now.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Stuff of nightmares literally mine included. Hope the critical people are ok and that teacher must be an absolute hero.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:42 pm Stuff of nightmares literally mine included. Hope the critical people are ok and that teacher must be an absolute hero.
Only in her 30s. I believe it was a Brazilian man who got the knife off him. Incredibly brave.

I see there is denial of terrorism - I am thinking that means no links to any terrorist organisation.

I don't like the way people always say "mentally ill" as an excuse/reason. Number one, the vast majority of people with mental health issues would never harm anyone. And number two, one has to be mentally ill to be so evil, but so was Alan Hawe etc, and it's no excuse to use or offer as a way of saying it was definitely not ideologically motivated.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:49 pm Only in her 30s. I believe it was a Brazilian man who got the knife off him. Incredibly brave.

I see there is denial of terrorism - I am thinking that means no links to any terrorist organisation.

I don't like the way people always say "mentally ill" as an excuse/reason. Number one, the vast majority of people with mental health issues would never harm anyone. And number two, one has to be mentally ill to be so evil, but so was Alan Hawe etc, and it's no excuse to use or offer as a way of saying it was definitely not ideologically motivated.
I think that’s part of the reason at least for why people are so angry -it’s ideologically motivated only when it suits politically.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's not good how incensed people are. But people get incensed when they are not leveled with. Still not good. It will be people looking for aggro taking over this.

Leg End Reject
Verified Username

Post by Leg End Reject »

This is horrific, I hope all those injured recovery fully physically and emotionally.
Leg End Reject
Verified Username

Post by Leg End Reject »

Attacking guards won't help, I can understand the shock and anger at this but being a scumbag won't cancel what happened.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Jesus Christ. That Garda was close to getting mobbed. Dreadful.

Beatty

Post by Beatty »

Actions and inactions have consequences. The pure stupidity of the politicians in their ideological or corrupt policy are partly responsible for this.

Now we have terrorists and domestic mobs.

It was so predictable. But be glad it's happening now rather than in a few years. The sooner the authorities realise the anger the better. There is at least a chance to turn things around at this point.

Be sure that there is a real point of no return.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

The government created this.
For too long they have talked down to people, have used areas as dumping grounds, have been lax in law and order and it is all coming home to roost.

This country's political classes need a sharp kick in the nuts as they don't listen.

We have had girl murdered by welfare careerist, we have men decapitated just for being gay, we had attack at our nations primary airport, we had foreign student murdered and today children attacked all by guests of this state.
And the government and the trendsetting media have lectured us about being racist and rightwing.

You aint seen right wing yet, but it is coming.
France, Italy, Netherlands, Hungary, Poland, Sweden, Finland, Germany all with either right wing governments or rising right wing parties.

And the morons here still chomping for the hymm book.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

isha wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:44 pm Jesus Christ. That Garda was close to getting mobbed. Dreadful.

Those sort of scenes are entirely unacceptable with outnumbered gardai having to retreat from gangs of scumbags. Time for the army to be called in and some skulls to be cracked with all night court sittings to process these little bastards into jail cells.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

So far two Garda cars, one bus, one Luas and I have seen reports re Holiday Inn attacked.

Beatty

Post by Beatty »

The Gardai police through the model of consent.
They risk losing that. You can see the loss of trust and faith resulting from government policies through communities sending their own crowds around doing "patrols" now.

The new imports do not give consent. You see the results of this in England with the one sided policing on remembrance day. They are afraid of the side that does not consent.

Ireland needs to make a stand but burning busses, the luas and mobbing gardai is not the way.
Beatty

Post by Beatty »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:08 pm Those sort of scenes are entirely unacceptable with outnumbered gardai having to retreat from gangs of scumbags. Time for the army to be called in and some skulls to be cracked with all night court sittings to process these little bastards into jail cells.
Far better to use the same resources to tackle the root of the problem and kick out the terrorists brought into the country. And anyone who ditched their passport to come in under false pretences. At an absolute minimum.

Otherwise you'll be repeating this again and again as society goes down the tubes.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

One thing for certain is that Helen McEntee should be gone as minister by close of business tomorrow - won't happen though because she's a woman and nobody will dare call for her to go and Leo hasn't the balls to sack her.
'no more blah blah blah'