Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Bambie Thug - - Ireland's Eurovision enty..

The burning issues of the day
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Bambie Thug - - Ireland's Eurovision enty..

Post by Del.Monte »

I thought sending Dustin the Turkey out to represent Ireland couldn't be beaten and now we have this. Ticks all the pc boxes.

The Wiki entry for Bambie Thug looks like it was added by Roderic O'Gorman: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bambie_Thug

You can tell how closely I follow the Late Late Show and the Eurovision nonsense in that I only heard who won this morning.
'no more blah blah blah'
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Re: Bambie Thug - - Ireland's Eurovision enty..

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

:D

yep, I were right !

her name is most aptronymical, hehehehehh... Well, i ''almost' guessed right; tbh I thought she'd be less "melaninically challenged" .....

time to haul ass down to shoppe... gotta be worth a tenner of any man/woman's money for da lols...

#ClownWorld

:)
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

live and let live eh :D

like the OP, first i'm hearing of this crap; rarely watch LLS or follow celeb type crap.. not much intereste in current affairs neither :mrgreen: :D

seriously doubt it's the will of the people that she got in tho - not implying any shenanigans whatsoever regarding voting... likely a massive campaign from certain quarters in getting the minions to bash them digits :roll:

anyhow, unlike the OP, methinks, and me do like to make predictions: methinketh that perhaps there could be some 'flak' from the same / similar quarters owing to her cognomen, ie when one sees the name/word 'Thug' as part of a person's 'Lewinsky' (geddit 'Monica' / 'Moniker' - proud of that one, me :lol: ) one might associate that with rappers , and they're generally, well, how do I say this, 'not' 'white'

yep, already I'm looking forwardes to possible backlash :lol:
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Fratello
Verified Username

Post by Fratello »

My biggest fear is the song migjt be an earworm and I hear it while I cycling or trying to go asleep.

I think we shold just send Jedward every year until we wear the opposition down into letting us win.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Fratello wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:47 am My biggest fear is the song migjt be an earworm and I hear it while I cycling or trying to go asleep.

I think we shold just send Jedward every year until we wear the opposition down into letting us win.
Dustin!
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Fratello wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:47 am My biggest fear is the song migjt be an earworm and I hear it while I cycling or trying to go asleep.

Song? Now there's a misnomer if ever I heard one. Let's face it, the wokes have won, music is what they say it is.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

A priest gave a sermon about how this is going to be seen as what Ireland is all about, and thus Ireland is "finished". Wtf? Nobody with any sense thinks Eurovision songs are what a country is all about - it's a silly, funny, high camp, ironic event, and has been for years and years. Taking it seriously is absurd. I love the laugh of it. How the hell does it mean Ireland is finished?

I do think the song is rubbish, but I think she looks fab. Whatever about her proclivities for the "outrageous" though - meh, standard tryhard stuff. She'll be forgotten.
WokeHogan

Post by WokeHogan »

Fugue wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:09 am A priest gave a sermon about how this is going to be seen as what Ireland is all about, and thus Ireland is "finished". Wtf? Nobody with any sense thinks Eurovision songs are what a country is all about - it's a silly, funny, high camp, ironic event, and has been for years and years. Taking it seriously is absurd. I love the laugh of it. How the hell does it mean Ireland is finished?

I do think the song is rubbish, but I think she looks fab. Whatever about her proclivities for the "outrageous" though - meh, standard tryhard stuff. She'll be forgotten.
"They," I think you mean. Bambie Thug uses the "them/they" pronouns. Though I suspect you're just looking to have a go at them because of your own agenda against trans/non-binary people. But of course you already know that. 8-) ;) :mrgreen:
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

I predicted that that thing would post exactly the above. Stalking and waiting for his opportunity to pounce - the very next morning. No posts for ages - last troll attempt failed. 😊

Make up your mind what persona you're going to take on:

https://www.gubu.ie/viewtopic.php?t=194 ... 200#p46008
Last edited by Fugue on Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

WokeHogan wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:40 am "They," I think you mean. Bambie Thug uses the "them/they" pronouns. Though I suspect you're just looking to have a go at them because of your own agenda against trans/non-binary people. But of course you already know that. 8-) ;) :mrgreen:
She. Bambie Thug is a woman. She might use they/them pronouns, but she's a woman and I'll refer to her as such.

Digging into her catalogue of music productions, she actually does have some talent, although not always to my taste. The live performance was a bit shouty and so on, but some of her studio work is really quite well produced and sounds great. I think she's truly creative and I wish her well in the competition.

And if I ever meet her in person I'll be happy to call her by her preferred name, but the pronoun stuff is a load of arse.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

No point in bothering. He doesn't care in the slightest about pronouns or "non binary" JayZeus. If he's who I think he is (I'm very certain I do - totally centrist views, sensible, intelligent guy, but strangely gets a perverse kick out of pretending to be an unhinged individual with dark triad personality traits) he'd find it nonsensical too. He's trying to start shit, nothing more.

Same as all his extremely vindictive and deranged Boards accounts.
WokeHogan

Post by WokeHogan »

JayZeus wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:14 pm She. Bambie Thug is a woman. She might use they/them pronouns, but she's a woman and I'll refer to her as such.

Digging into her catalogue of music productions, she actually does have some talent, although not always to my taste. The live performance was a bit shouty and so on, but some of her studio work is really quite well produced and sounds great. I think she's truly creative and I wish her well in the competition.

And if I ever meet her in person I'll be happy to call her by her preferred name, but the pronoun stuff is a load of arse.
So if you met Thug you would be a little polite, but only on your own terms. What a humanitarian, you must be a joy to be around.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

WokeHogan wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:26 pm So if you met Thug you would be a little polite, but only on your own terms. What a humanitarian, you must be a joy to be around.
I'm an absolute delight to be around, as long as you're not a man telling me you're a woman or a woman telling me you're a man, or either of the only two sexes and their corresponding genders telling me you're neither and asking me to act as though that's a fact. In that case, you can sing your lungs out, show me your hairy vagina and tell me your name is Brian, and I'll still refer to you using pronouns that reflect the facts as opposed to your dysphoric fantasy or escapism.

Don't make it a topic in conversation, I'll ignore it. Bring it up and you get the truth, harsh as it gets for you.

Anyway, she's a talented woman. I wish her well in the competition and in her life.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

WokeHogan wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:57 pm Nah you sound like a bluffer to me, and someone who relishes in fantasies of putting down trans people.

You can cry about being a straight-talking, "I call a spade a spade" type all you like but the likes of you, and matey-boy Fugue above, are nothing more than bullies itching to have a go at a vulnerable group of people.

I'd say neither of you wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life. Cowards. Bullies. That's what ye are.
Relishes in fantasies of putting down trans people? Putting down? Like, trans-furries or what? A bit extreme.

The only time I get close to crying about any of this is when I think of the vulnerable mentally ill who take hormones and have surgery to mutilate their bodies and kill their innate ability to have a family, while being egged on by woke eejits who think the best thing to do for these people is to encourage them to 'be themselves' and embrace their mental illness.

The cowards and bullies are those who try to shame and shout down people who speak the truth. I'm speaking the truth. There are no transwomen or transmen. There are no gender non-binary people. There are only mentally ill men and women who don't get or can't get help, and that's made no easier by the fools who say they don't need it in the first place.

What makes it much worse is that the woke enablers don't even really mean to do well for these folks. They're just as unhappy with the reality of life and their own place in it, so they're just as keen to escape that reality by trying to change what things are and mean.

Well, let's hope that talented young woman sings her heart out for Ireland when she has the chance, and finds some joy in her accomplishments for herself. She's tied up in knots now about who she is and what she needs to share with the world about herself, but her creative talent is the thing that she will be remembered for. Not for her sexuality or unease with her own gender and sex. She's great.

Woke muppets are anything but great.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

But he knows a lot of that, JayZeus. He's not genuine, he's just stirring, so he'll come up with the most unfounded nonsense to get a reaction.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

"The cowards and bullies are those who try to shame and shout down people who speak the truth."

Indeed. Here's a new example of the intimidation by those fuhking psychos.

Video of teacher encouraging critical thinking regarding the unsubstantiated bollox about JK Rowling:

Video of him totally shell-shocked and nervous because of disapproval of the above:

I hate the new McCarthyites. I truly hate them. I would have thought hate was a waste of energy on people who don't deserve it, but hating them doesn't involve any energy. They make it so easy. They're evil. They're not really kind or compassionate - it's performative and conditional. It's based on only having 100% the same views as them.
Bucky

Post by Bucky »

Bucky's hot take is that he wishes to congratulate Bambie on her victory. Bucky feels that Bambie represents a new Ireland. One that is accepting of all its people. Bucky was disappointed but not surprised to see the usual half dozen boomers loose their rag about this. Bucky would respectfully remind them, that at their age high blood pressure can be a serious medical issue. Bucky would advise them to deep breathe, go for a long walk and don't stress the small things
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

That satanic bitch should not be representing Ireland and I will be boycotting this sham.
Bucky

Post by Bucky »

Biggins wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:38 pm That satanic bitch should not be representing Ireland and I will be boycotting this sham.
Bucky's hot take is that this post suggests someone with deep anger issues. Bucky hopes you resolve these going forward.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Song was meh, stage production was good. Eurovision is as some other poster put it- "silly, funny, high camp, ironic event" so imho it's really not worth losing any sleep over. Deffo not worth losing my sh1t on someone here for their dinosaur views of the world. C'est la vie.
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

Bucky wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:49 pm Bucky's hot take is that this post suggests someone with deep anger issues. Bucky hopes you resolve these going forward.
Are you some sort of AI that spouts banal rubbish in the third person?
Bucky

Post by Bucky »

Biggins wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:26 pm Are you some sort of AI that spouts banal rubbish in the third person?
Bucky's hot take is that he assures you that he is flesh and blood
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

Many countries calling for them to be banned from entering.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_ ... icipation/

Also they are threatening to withdraw if they are censored. Again, one rule for thee...

https://wiwibloggs.com/2024/02/21/israe ... cs/280168/
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

I still buy vinyl on Discogs from Israeli sellers. They assure me that they have nothing to do with the conflict. On that basis, I proceed.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

nlgbbbblth wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:55 am I still buy vinyl on Discogs from Israeli sellers. They assure me that they have nothing to do with the conflict. On that basis, I proceed.
I don't really buy much online but if I did I'd check to see if they are living in illegally settled areas and not buy from them if they are.