Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Mentally ill man decapitates his wife

The burning issues of the day
PogMoThoin22

Mentally ill man decapitates his wife

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

He was failed by the mental health services of this country and of course cannabis is the red herring, the cannabis made him do it
He had been detained under the Mental Health Act in Dublin city centre two days previously by gardaí who saw him running through the city centre barefoot, wearing only shorts.

He was taken to the Mater hospital and assessed but he left hospital the next day and killed his wife in the early hours of the following morning.

The jury also heard that Ms de Campos Silva told doctors in the Mater that she had noticed a change in her husband's behaviour on 30 October. He had become paranoid and thought she was going to hurt him.

When she arrived to pick him up on 3 November, he initially hid from her before eventually being driven home by her.
https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2024/030 ... lva-court/

Re: Mentally ill man decapitates his wife

Post by 6234567 »

The wife was failed by Helen McEntee.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Can he be repatriated? I don't see why the Irish State should have to pay to keep him locked away for years.
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Its nigh on impossible to get mental health services in this country, or any date when you may get it. My other who is 91 has recently been assessed as having dementia, with the cursory GP assessment, which is of no use in a proper diagnosis which we have been informed by our dementia advisor. She has told us she needs a proper full blown assessment in order to be properly medicated.

Despite our constant inquiries we are unable to get a date for an appointment, nor are we able to get a private assessment. Its mind numbing stuff. I wouldn't like to be the politician that knocks on my door.
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

"Man found not guilty......"

sendde the koont back home to his ownne country :evil: :evil: "Man" :roll: :roll: yeah rightte; not like RTÉ to leave us uninformed re any 'r alle of the "pale , male and stale" :cry: :evil: relatedde mayhemme/s happening - (were they the ones responsible for said/such atrocities),,,,,

point is- if he was Irish / had Irish citizenshippe; then me reckonnes that he'd be referred to as being "Irish" in the headline :roll: in my unlettteredde humbill that is...

verdikt: send da fooker back fro' whence he came

#enoughskumherealready
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>