Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

4yrs on : The "Ventilator shortage "

The burning issues of the day
John

4yrs on : The "Ventilator shortage "

Post by John »

A lot of people seem to have forgotten the Genesis of lockdowns in Europe, This time 4 years ago, we were being bombarded with daily death numbers from Italy and also bring told that Italy had run out of Ventilators and hospitals had to choose to let 50yos die to give 40yos a Ventilator. Funnily enough Ventilators were soon forgotten about and it now turns out that Ventilators were a bad type of treatment and Italy wasn't even having any more sick people In hospital & deaths than an average flu season in the first place. RTE/VMTM were showing 2017 file footage of coffins in Italy, scaring the shit out of the average News watcher. Until the question is asked as to why the media did this, "covid inquiries" are a waste of time and whitewash
kadman
Verified Username

Re: 4yrs on : The "Ventilator shortage "

Post by kadman »

Not to mention over 50% of the ventilators were never in working condition anyway.

But the gravy train rolls on, and on, and on, and on..........
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

When humans panic, they lose the run of themselves and there will always be opportunists ready to pounce in these situations. Combine that with narcissism, hubris and techno optimism and we get the "let's make ventilators" stuff from around this time in 2020.

Also, remember the carefully choreographed "delivery of PPE to hospitals" by the Irish defence forces.

Re: RTE showing footage of coffins from 2017, is that actually true though. Source? I did hear that some of the footage of coffins on army trucks was highly misleading and that it was due to undertakers panicking and not being available for work rather than being deluged with bodies, I don't have a source for this however.

Something that is not in dispute is that RTE devoted hundreds of hours of news coverage to Covid and Covid deaths - yet, earlier this year when the OECD research showed that there were zero excess deaths in Ireland during the pandemic, RTE gave that about 5 minutes, buried in the middle of couple of news bulletins.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

They restricted our movements, our ability to work, released prisoners from prisons, restricted what we could and couldn’t say on social media and much of the banned information turned out to be true at one stage or another.

Was surprised to learn how many people were flouting the laws during the lockdowns, I mean anecdotal evidence like the barber I got chatting to one day. I suggested Covid was one of the worst times of his young life, he must have been about 20. “No, it was the best” was his unexpected answer.

He explained to me how he was getting the PUP payment, making money on the side doing all these haircuts that people still had to get, then he’d rent out air bnb rooms in the evening and throw a party for him and his mates. Rinse and repeat for a couple of years. Smart guy.

Post by 6234567 »

I know a fella that is a Good Inwards manager.
He says he has a whole section of his warehouse that he cant use.
The space is taken up with out-of-date Covid paraphernalia - old sanitizer, plastic sheeting and face masks.
This will all have to de dumped eventually but its a grey area on how to actually dump it.
Pallets and pallets of the stuff.
Last edited by 6234567 on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

The deliberate pushing of m/disinformation during that period, with the sole purpose of putting the 'fear of god' into the population, was, or should have been, a criminal offence.

The purchase of untested medications by the millions should also be a criminal offence. Have we finished paying for those yet?

The purchase of PPE made in unsanitary conditions, and with materials which are not proven safe for the purpose (never mind effective) should also be a criminal offence.

The purchase of ventilators, from some very suspect sources, most of which did not work, and were not suitable devices for the treatment of a respiratory infection should also be a criminal offence. Having paid for storage of those devices we also pay for their disposal. Are they disposed of yet?

If we were a country that applied laws regardless 'position' of those responsible, then we could clear out a heck of a lot of our own scammers in positions of authority.

None of them will ever be charged, 'cause its not what we do!
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

Report from the Comptroller & Auditor General
https://www.audit.gov.ie/en/find-report ... cutive.pdf

I'll be generous to the HSE and say they were dealing with a panic situation and with hindsight it is easy to criticise them for their actions in March-April 2020. However there was plenty of systemic problems long before Covid landed e.g. from the report.

"The HSE does not have a centralised asset register"

This is the sort of stuff that is unforgivable.
John

Post by John »

BrianD3 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:02 pm

Something that is not in dispute is that RTE devoted hundreds of hours of news coverage to Covid and Covid deaths - yet, earlier this year when the OECD research showed that there were zero excess deaths in Ireland during the pandemic, RTE gave that about 5 minutes, buried in the middle of couple of news bulletins.
About 6 months ago, when Dr Tony Holohan's book was being promoted, we were told that "thousands of lives" were lost due to us not locking down completely over Christmas 2020, yet when the actual OECD figures came out recently showing this wasn't true, nobody was held to account.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

BrianD3 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:30 am Report from the Comptroller & Auditor General
https://www.audit.gov.ie/en/find-report ... cutive.pdf

I'll be generous to the HSE and say they were dealing with a panic situation and with hindsight it is easy to criticise them for their actions in March-April 2020. However there was plenty of systemic problems long before Covid landed e.g. from the report.

"The HSE does not have a centralised asset register"

This is the sort of stuff that is unforgivable.
You are being too generous IMO.
There were lots of highly qualified people throughout the world who, in 2020, pointed out how wrong it was to lock down, prevent people from going about their business, don masks, put any credibility in the PCR tests and so on.
That 'our lot' followed instructions from 'on high' only goes to point up how useless and dangerous they were and are.
They are criminals in my view and should be charged with endangerment and murder for all the untimely deaths they caused.
No forgiveness and no generosity ..... or about as much as they gave us!
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

PureIsle wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:18 pm You are being too generous IMO.
There were lots of highly qualified people throughout the world who, in 2020, pointed out how wrong it was to lock down, prevent people from going about their business, don masks, put any credibility in the PCR tests and so on.
That 'our lot' followed instructions from 'on high' only goes to point up how useless and dangerous they were and are.
They are criminals in my view and should be charged with endangerment and murder for all the untimely deaths they caused.
No forgiveness and no generosity ..... or about as much as they gave us!
When I say I'll be generous to them, I'm specifically referring to the 10s of millions of euro spent on unusable ventilators in the first part of the pandemic, probably March-April 2020. The longer the pandemic went on, the less generous I'd be. They should be hammered on multiple issues.

I'm actually pro mask (or rather pro proper masks/respirators i.e. FFP2 etc.) and even if someone believes that masks are useless, mask wearing didn't have anything like the downsides of other measures.

Anyway, they made a complete arse out of the mask mandates, first telling people not to wear masks, then introducing a manadate and never educating people on the differences between leaky "face coverings" and proper respirators. As per usual, the main thing that they seemed to be interested in was optics e.g. Varadkar and co wearing face coverings with the Tricolour on them, how lovely, Leo is a true patriot who will save us!

Cobham

Post by Cobham »

I am just watching "This England" on Sky which can be still viewed up to mid April on catchup. Focus on Boris and goings on in Downing Street.