Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Varadkar steps down

The burning issues of the day
BrianD3

Re: Varadkar steps down

Post by BrianD3 »

Just watching Prime Time there Jennifer Carroll was mentioned as a possible candidate. Christ. I'd say she's lethal.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

No.137 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:56 pm That's a shame, when I saw saw he was trending - I was hoping his was dead.
Crikey.

Post by 6234567 »

Fugue wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:11 pmCrikey.
Yeah, we live in hope.
Hopefully, he will meet the same type of person he let into the country that decapitated those two men in Sligo.

Re: Varadkar to step down as Taoiseach and Fine Gael leader

Post by 6234567 »

They must have found a secret laptop.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Russian disinformation… :lol:
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Norman Breaks wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:45 pm You must have a bad memory. Does the name Brian Cowen ring a bell? How about 'resting in my account' Bertie?
Bertie didn't have an account, but another FF Taoiseach, M.Martin was unaware of how wealthy his wife was. :roll:
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Norman Breaks wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:46 pm Fair point. I never said he was good, just not the worst.
Jesus H, after reading that list, just what, in your opinion would constitute "the worst"?
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

No.137 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:09 am Yeah, we live in hope.
Hopefully, he will meet the same type of person he let into the country that decapitated those two men in Sligo.
I think it's enough that Varadkar is gone off the political stage, I don't wish him any harm.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Regina Doherty, in backing Simon Harris to succeed Varadkar, reckons he encompasses all the best qualities of Enda Kenny and Leo Varadkar. The mind boggles.
Enoch Von Clausewitz

Post by Enoch Von Clausewitz »

ya coverredde most everythingge there Pog -in your listte- but what ya forgot to mentionne is that currently, and for years previousxse - underre #"Junkie Leo's" tenure - is thatte us Irish are now practically secondde class citizens in our owne country... :roll: :evil: :x :x

....yeppe, this brilliant multiculturalism mallarkey; not only are we supposedde to welcome the planters, but their customs/traditions are more important than ours; so it would seem....

...... can't do this , can't do that !! might offende someone from Africa or Malaysia: whatever happenedde to 'when in Rome'

#i ~know damn welll that sham has takenne ye olde 'charlie' ..... course i don't actually 'know' (justte firmly believe - call it faith :lol: ) but law of averages / circles he moveth in; thisse posterre would opine that he's definitely imbibedde of la cocaina.... :roll: how many folkes have hadde their lives ~ruined <job/s prospects , travelling abroadde, etc> on a mere 'possession of cannabis' charge and conviction :twisted: :twisted:

.... plenty i'd say. but now in recentte timessse 'JL' has apparently admitted to taking it <hash/cannabis> :roll: :roll: :roll: but that's okay>>>>>>>> nowadays :roll: , appaz.... :P :o :roll: :roll:

coke, on the otherre hand; well, oh thatte's realle badde... not a mumblin' wordde he had to say on that last i heard; supposedly talks about decriminalizing of ye Columbianne marching powder.... 'no comment' i believe were his wordes when asked on the topic - kell surrpreeze ... don't thinkke he was only one (politicianne) canvassed neitherrre...

... should all be legal/lawfulle in my humble, but that's irrelevant to what law says

so fck "Junkie Leo" - that's what i'm callin' ya Leo - and good riddance... :x

/rant

:)
"when illusion spin her nette, i'm never where i wanna be"

'Cardmarker , CrossDresser , Awarenesss Raiser & Freelance Disabuser' <all rights reserved>
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

Unhealthy to wish him dead.
Norman Breaks

Post by Norman Breaks »

marhay70 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:50 am Jesus H, after reading that list, just what, in your opinion would constitute "the worst"?
TBF the list paints a worse picture than reality. A few things on there that he had little or nothing to do with, they just happened while or before he was in office. Look, I'm not defending the guy, I'm just pointing out that he succeeded a long line of slippery shysters.
Arthur Cocks

Post by Arthur Cocks »

Enoch. I asked before, but genuinely are you ok? I’m not here to give advice, but you may have had a psychotic episode. Genuinely I’m not trying to make any point here apart from suggesting you talk to a doctor.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Arthur Cocks wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:19 pm Enoch. I asked before, but genuinely are you ok? I’m not here to give advice, but you may have had a psychotic episode. Genuinely I’m not trying to make any point here apart from suggesting you talk to a doctor.
The point he made is genuine and not one I had even heard about before. It seems he is hinting that he considers that drugs are ok.
I’m not going to go into any more detail’ - Varadkar faces drugs question again

Taoiseach says he won’t say any more because he is role model

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... -1.4149131
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Norman Breaks wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:17 pm TBF the list paints a worse picture than reality. A few things on there that he had little or nothing to do with, they just happened while or before he was in office. Look, I'm not defending the guy, I'm just pointing out that he succeeded a long line of slippery shysters.
The only excuse he can give is that some of them weren't initiated during his term as Taoiseach, but the fact remains that he failed to address any of them to the degree he could have when it was in his power to do so. Not to worry though, I'm pretty sure Harris will be every bit as competent.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Do RTE think everyone has a short memory. Simon Harris struggled to get elected in the last General Election and caused the collapse of the last Government, but lets not mention that!

Post by 6234567 »

No, he needs to have a taste of his own medicine.
So, hopefully Leo will have his Palani moment.

It's actually unhealthy to just think it's alright for him damage Ireland and its OK because he is no longer in charge.
That is attitude of a servile bootlicker.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:18 pm Do RTE think everyone has a short memory. Simon Harris struggled to get elected in the last General Election and caused the collapse of the last Government, but lets not mention that!
Just watched Sharon Tobin giving him the customary RTE version of a hard time for Government Ministers, amazed he didn't buckle under the pressure. From the obviously scripted replies, I'd say we're in for a whole lot of no change.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

No.137 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:30 pm No, he needs to have a taste of his own medicine.

It's actually unhealthy to just think it's alright for him damage Ireland and its OK because he is no longer in charge.
Wishing him dead is unhinged.
"It's actually unhealthy to just think it's alright for him damage Ireland and its OK because he is no longer in charge" - did someone here say that? I agree it would be absurd for anyone to think it's OK to damage anywhere.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

No.137 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:30 pm No, he needs to have a taste of his own medicine.

I think you're wrong, but if you feel that strongly it might be better to do the job yourself and not leave things to chance.

Post by 6234567 »

Fugue wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:02 pm Wishing him dead is unhinged.
"It's actually unhealthy to just think it's alright for him damage Ireland and its OK because he is no longer in charge" - did someone here say that? I agree it would be absurd for anyone to think it's OK to damage anywhere.
You've nothing to say really, but keep licking those boots.

Post by 6234567 »

marhay70 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:05 pm I think you're wrong, but if you feel that strongly it might be better to do the job yourself and not leave things to chance.
So you're OK with children being stabbed, women murdered and gay men being decapitated; but heaven forbid the people who caused this get a taste of their own medicine?
Typical.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

No.137 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:59 pm You've nothing to say really, but keep licking those boots.
That's just idiotic. Saying it's unhinged to wish him dead isn't the same as being a big fan of his. They're two separate things. Saying one thing doesn't automatically mean thinking other stuff. This is very basic, and shouldn't have to be pointed out to an adult.
Now where did anyone here say all the stuff you listed? They didn't did they? All in your head.

Post by 6234567 »

Fugue wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:06 pm That's just idiotic. Saying it's unhinged to wish him dead isn't the same as being a big fan of his. They're two separate things. Saying one thing doesn't automatically mean thinking other stuff. This is very basic, and shouldn't have to be pointed out to an adult.
Now where did anyone here say all the stuff you listed? They didn't did they? All in your head.
You've nothing to say.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

No.137 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:01 pm So you're OK with children being stabbed, women murdered and gay men being decapitated; but heaven forbid the people who caused this get a taste of their own medicine?
Typical.
Where did they indicate they're OK with children being stabbed, women murdered and gay men being decapitated? I know you know you're talking utter manure but gonna highlight it anyway. See if you answer the question (they won't).
Leo Varadkar didn't do those things - why are you deflecting the responsibility from the actual perpetrators? It's in poor taste to use those people to score dishonest points.
Taste of his own medicine as in murder? Who'd he murder? No, most people don't agree with murder.