Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Varadkar steps down

The burning issues of the day
Fugue

Re: Varadkar steps down

Post by Fugue »

No.137 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:10 pm You've nothing to say.
You certainly fu*king haven't, seeing as all you're doing is making stuff up.

Post by 6234567 »

Fugue wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:15 pm You certainly fu*king haven't, seeing as all you're doing is making stuff up.
No, you've nothing to say only falsely accuse me of wanting Leo dead; and of making stuff up which is ironic.

I want him get what he inflicted onto others.
If you think that's wishing him dead - then you need to start being honest with yourself about what you are actually thinking.

Edit - stop white-knighting for other posters. Attempting to start a pile-on is a pathetic move.
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

You said you hoped he was dead first - so you've moved the goalposts, not me.
You certainly are making stuff up - implying someone is fine with children being stabbed and adults murdered. Fking vile.
And just deciding "oh if a person thinks it's OTT to hope Varadkar was dead, then they must worship him and be ok with his mess-ups", which is just dumb.
AND you've deflected the responsibility from the actual perpetrators of those violent crimes.

I will post what I like as long as it's not lies. If you knowingly post pure shoite, don't cry victim when it's responded to.

What medicine do you want Varadkar to get, for example? It's suddenly very vague.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Nah I wouldn't wish him death, that is too quick.

I would wish him having to live on meagre money between a halting site and a bunch of mad islamists from say Afghanistan/Pakistan who can't decide which they hate more, Indians or gays.
Let him then see what he has brought upon people and communities throughout the country.
The smug grin would soon disappear.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

marhay70 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:49 pm Conservative in what respect? Conservative literally means opposed to change, what we need in this country is change.
I'm not sure SF will get a majority, or even have enough support among independents to form a lasting government. I doubt enough
will have the stomach to vote for McDonald as Taoiseach but I'll book my flight to Australia just in case.
Conservative economically as in ...
cut the career dolers (and anyone not originally Irish has to have worked here for over 2 years to get anything)
dole starts high and then decreases over time
on the other hand increase social welfare for carers to give them proper chance (something has never really been done despite all the shyte talk in the referendums)
state projects are managed by dedicated projects teams that adhere to private sector principles
massive cuts in quangoes
massive cuts in NGOs - make the investment in public services
overhaul of HSE - cull management positions

Conservative socially as in ...
- no new asylum seekers - arrest on arrival with no identification, no visa
- no more hotels/warehouses of connected fookers
just interment on island off West coast - you don't like it fook off home with ya
- deportation of all that entered country illegally with no documentation
- deportation of all that are still in system that have already failed reviews
- no cowtowing to islamist bullcr** - no burkas for a start
you live here you live by secular Western christian values - you don't like it fook off
- cut the dodgy English language school stuff that is just way of getting cheap labour into the country for vested interests - they can hire that no longer on dole for life
- build two brand new prisons
- bail laws totally overhauled
- overhaul of the shyte with concurrent sentences ala that murdering bastard in Kilkenny who is serving effectively one life sentence for rape and murder of mother and murder of two children.
- removal of judges that have massive number of sentence reviews ala one particular judge that seems to think garlic smuggling is worse that rape.
- caning for anti social behaviour of teens ala Singapore (I am not kidding it fooking works)
- removal of bullcr** around gender ideology - a kid is registered and referred to as the one pronoun and christian name - no changing based on the moon or time of year claptrap

And no changes to abortion, divorce , etc

Now saying that I would cut public sector funding in lots of areas I also want to see ...
- massive state investment in public housing - cut out the funding private sector entities build and manage the houses like in old days except this time it is state agency not county/city councils.
- massive investment in technology for AGS and Garda numbers
- reopening of old Garda stations - back to real community policing
- investment in defense forces personnel
- investment in defense forces drone technology
- investment in air defenses - yes including purchase of Saab Gripen jets as well as radar system and more helicopters
- major investment in national cybersecurity authority
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

jmayo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:20 am Conservative economically as in ...
cut the career dolers (and anyone not originally Irish has to have worked here for over 2 years to get anything)
dole starts high and then decreases over time
on the other hand increase social welfare for carers to give them proper chance (something has never really been done despite all the shyte talk in the referendums)
state projects are managed by dedicated projects teams that adhere to private sector principles
massive cuts in quangoes
massive cuts in NGOs - make the investment in public services
overhaul of HSE - cull management positions

Conservative socially as in ...
- no new asylum seekers - arrest on arrival with no identification, no visa
- no more hotels/warehouses of connected fookers
just interment on island off West coast - you don't like it fook off home with ya
- deportation of all that entered country illegally with no documentation
- deportation of all that are still in system that have already failed reviews
- no cowtowing to islamist bullcr** - no burkas for a start
you live here you live by secular Western christian values - you don't like it fook off
- cut the dodgy English language school stuff that is just way of getting cheap labour into the country for vested interests - they can hire that no longer on dole for life
- build two brand new prisons
- bail laws totally overhauled
- overhaul of the shyte with concurrent sentences ala that murdering bastard in Kilkenny who is serving effectively one life sentence for rape and murder of mother and murder of two children.
- removal of judges that have massive number of sentence reviews ala one particular judge that seems to think garlic smuggling is worse that rape.
- caning for anti social behaviour of teens ala Singapore (I am not kidding it fooking works)
- removal of bullcr** around gender ideology - a kid is registered and referred to as the one pronoun and christian name - no changing based on the moon or time of year claptrap

And no changes to abortion, divorce , etc

Now saying that I would cut public sector funding in lots of areas I also want to see ...
- massive state investment in public housing - cut out the funding private sector entities build and manage the houses like in old days except this time it is state agency not county/city councils.
- massive investment in technology for AGS and Garda numbers
- reopening of old Garda stations - back to real community policing
- investment in defense forces personnel
- investment in defense forces drone technology
- investment in air defenses - yes including purchase of Saab Gripen jets as well as radar system and more helicopters
- major investment in national cybersecurity authority
Not a lot I'd disagree with there but a lot of the measures you suggest have already existed in one form or another and were either watered down or removed by, what I would consider, Conservative governmentsPRSI for instance, was originally introduced in the 1980s and consisted of as AFAIR 75% of final salary through a sliding scale of 0% after 15 months. Unemployment benefit was only payable if you had accrued 156 contributions, 26 0f which had to be in the previous employment year. Dole or Unemployment Assistance, if you didn't qualify, was subject to a rigorously applied and regularly updated means test.

The HSE was the brain child of the ultra conservative Mary Harney who argued that having seperate Health boards for the provinces was too unwieldy and costly for the taxpayer with staff duplication being one of the arguments, I still get a laugh at that one.
AGS was an organisation that was feared and respected in equal measure because people expected to get fair and equal treatment from them, lowlifes didn't prowl Dublin streets for fear of being dealt summary justice from the likes of Lugs Brannigan, a legendary Garda enforcer. I regularly walked, in the early hours of the morning, from Walkinstown to Ballybough, through, Crumlin, Drimnagh, Inchicore, Capel St, Parnell St and Summerhill, without the slightest worry. I wouldn't drive that route today. AGS today is a protection and security operation for party donors and their interests.

Spike Island, a former Military Barracks in Cork Harbour, was opened as a prison but only lasted a short while before closure, ostensibly because of cost but many believed it was because of the wokedom of that era, conditions were considered too harsh. So good enough for soldiers but too tough for criminals. Michel Mc Dowell, when Minister for Justice, spen €30,000,000 purchasing land to build a new prison in North Co, Dublin which was delayed over and over again before being ditched, ostensibly for cost reasons but it has been rumoured , because it sullied the plans of developers who were major party donors, presumably to FF the senior Coalition partner and, of course, the spawning ground of senior PD ministers. Presumably the State still owns that land and it is being reserved for sale, at knockdown price to those same developers, come the next recession.

We actually did have jet fighter aircraft at one time, six ex RAF Vampires, they just rotted away and were never replaced but they were a great source of pride to the people when they were rolled out for festivals and parades, whatever their effectiveness might have been in any conflict. Replacements were deemed too expensive which seems to be the nub of the matter. Our governments deem any money spent on improving the lot of the native population to warrant intense scrutiny but have no problem blowing billions on a bunch of ragheads, here for no compelling reason and with suspicious motives. Plenty of uninhabited islands off the coast where they can pitch tents, we won't let them starve and they can apply for repatriation, at no personal cost, any time they want to.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

The HSE whilst on paper a good idea was never allowed to garner the full saving and benefits it should have thanks to politicians like Bertie who was bending over backwards to the unions.
And the first head of HSE refused to travel to the new HQ in Naas if memory serves me right and because he was from the protected species - the consultant class, they allowed him have office and staff in Dublin.
Now HSE HQ is in heart of Dublin.
Much like how new Childrens hospital had to be in heart of Dublin.

The duplication of services on the admin side were never removed and if anything the bureaucracy just added to over the years.
We have more fooking managers in the place than front line medical staff.
Who looks after the sick again?

Oh I remember Spike Island for joyriders.
We couldn't be having the poor pets in a damp cell in Cork harbour don't you know.

Wasn't there a connection between prison site and one minister Reilly ?
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

jmayo wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:49 pm
Wasn't there a connection between prison site and one minister Reilly ?
I presume it's James Reilly you mean? I don't remember him having any particular connection although it wouldn't surprise me, he wasn't averse to a little political manouevering, á la the primary care centres and the nursing homes.