Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Moscow Theatre attack

The burning issues of the day
marhay70

Moscow Theatre attack

Post by marhay70 »

Putin obviously determined to lay the blame on Ukraine , presumably to justify his declaration of all out war. Personally I doubt Ukraine has either the inclination nor the capacity to carry out such an attack. To say that the perpetrators were apprehended heading for the Ukraine border is just too convenient IMO. Going on Putin's record to date, I wouldn't rule out a false flag operation, with all the tens of thousands already sacrificed in his ego trip, what's another hundred or so?
knownunknown

Re: Moscow Theatre attack

Post by knownunknown »

Not only is there form for terrorising theatres in Moscow, Islamic terrorists have also taken responsibility.

Maybe something to do with Russia vetoing the UN peace resolution for Palestine the previous day?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/3/2 ... -targeting
ISIL’s Afghan branch – also known as the Islamic State in Khorasan Province, ISKP (ISIS-K) – has claimed responsibility for the attack and United States officials have confirmed the authenticity of that claim, according to the Reuters news agency.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:09 pm Not only is there form for terrorising theatres in Moscow, Islamic terrorists have also taken responsibility.

Maybe something to do with Russia vetoing the UN peace resolution for Palestine the previous day?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/3/2 ... -targeting
Yes, these Afghans have a reputation for brutality, yet our Government thinks it's alright for them to cpme in here and wander the streets unchecked.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

What’s pretty disgusting is the commentary online glorifying this attack on civilians because they were Russian. The bekind lot.
Boardsie Exile

Post by Boardsie Exile »

Wouldn't trust the Lord's prayer out of any governments mouth on this one.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Russia has made plenty of enemies since the collapse of the USSR and any number of groups could have carried out the attack including Putin's own security services. The least likely group to have carried out the attack are the Ukrainians as it only gives Putin an excuse to crack down on them even harder. ISIS or Russian security services for my money.
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:29 pm Russia has made plenty of enemies since the collapse of the USSR and any number of groups could have carried out the attack including Putin's own security services. The least likely group to have carried out the attack are the Ukrainians as it only gives Putin an excuse to crack down on them even harder. ISIS or Russian security services for my money.
I don't think Ukraine has the mentality to do this. Whatever about inflicting multiple casualties on the battlefield, I doubt the idea of attacking civilians in such a barbarous manner would be to the forefront in Ukrainian minds. Doesn't have the footprint of ISIS either, those guys don't normally incorporate an escape in their plans, they don't intend to escape as that would cancel out the forty virgins crack.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

marhay70 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:09 am I don't think Ukraine has the mentality to do this. Whatever about inflicting multiple casualties on the battlefield, I doubt the idea of attacking civilians in such a barbarous manner would be to the forefront in Ukrainian minds. Doesn't have the footprint of ISIS either, those guys don't normally incorporate an escape in their plans, they don't intend to escape as that would cancel out the forty virgins crack.
I was thinking further about this and I wonder if the terrorists actually perished in the attack and then Putin's security people pick up a group of random people conveniently heading for the Ukraine? Apparently ISIS have released videos of the attack but I haven't seen this as I keep away from the sewers and the scum that post there.
'no more blah blah blah'
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:50 am I was thinking further about this and I wonder if the terrorists actually perished in the attack and then Putin's security people pick up a group of random people conveniently heading for the Ukraine? Apparently ISIS have released videos of the attack but I haven't seen this as I keep away from the sewers and the scum that post there.
When you're dealing with Putin's Russia, anything is possible. The only thing that I would rule out is Ukraine's involvement. Apparently the Kremlin is now saying that the perpetrators were Tajiks, acting on behalf of Ukraine, another fantasy methinks.