Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Simon Harris

The burning issues of the day
marhay70

Simon Harris

Post by marhay70 »

So the speculation is over, the votes are cast and idiot boy is the Taoiseach presumptive. I know I've often accused Fine Gael of being engaged in a race to the bottom, but who knew they'd include their own party in that.
PogMoThoin22

Re: Simon Harris

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

marhay70 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:53 pm So the speculation is over, the votes are cast and idiot boy is the Taoiseach presumptive. I know I've often accused Fine Gael of being engaged in a race to the bottom, but who knew they'd include their own party in that.
He's the fall guy. He'll be the Irish Theresa May. FG are preparing themselves for the back benches, have no interest in trying for govt next time. It's all about self preservation and pensions now
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Its always been about protecting their pensions and fecking the rest of us
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:11 pm He's the fall guy. He'll be the Irish Theresa May. FG are preparing themselves for the back benches, have no interest in trying for govt next time. It's all about self preservation and pensions now
I agree, it was almost embarrassing the way Humphreys, Donohue, et al ran away. I still think we've more to learn about the mass defections from FG.
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

Harris is a charisma vacuum, a moocher in the Dáil corridor who fostered the right connections & now finds himself presiding over a poisoned chalice because his senior colleagues know FG will be decimated in the next GE. The jig is up for shallow identity politics & "hurt feelings", a leader of real substance focuses on actual issues that concern the wider populace - I wouldn't put a red hapenny on Harris cutting the mustard.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

We laughed at the Brits when Liz Truss was elected, nobody laughing now. FG have had more Taoisigh in ten years than their cumulative number of brain cells. How long before Harris is dubbed Simple Simon?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

feck it I’ll go against the grain and say I’m willing to give him a chance, see what he does and judge him on his performance. Maybe he steps up to the plate and surprises everyone. He could double down on the woke or try to detach from it, let’s see. I’ll wish him the best of luck because if he performs well then everyone is better off.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Just remember folks, how did Leo get the documents he leaked to his friend? Simple Simon was minister for health. Leo had no access to the documents so was given them.

Nothing will change. A breakdown of all Harrises words he never once mentioned health, homelessness, rent or cost of living. Says it all.
John

Post by John »

Nobody has mentioned the elephant in the room about the fact that he is only 37, next spring after he loses, he will still have 24/7 Garda protection for the rest of his life
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:48 pm feck it I’ll go against the grain and say I’m willing to give him a chance, see what he does and judge him on his performance. Maybe he steps up to the plate and surprises everyone. He could double down on the woke or try to detach from it, let’s see. I’ll wish him the best of luck because if he performs well then everyone is better off.
After the attempted snow job of the recent referenda, any inclination I might have had to give any politician in Dáil Eireann the benefit of the doubt has disappeared, least of all one who is going to dictate Government policy. I despair of where we're going to get Government from after the next GE, I believe that FF/FG will not be in a position to form a government, Greens will be limited to one or two seats at most, Labour will make no advances and with SF, SDs, PBP etc showing just how much they can be trusted to act in the interests of the Irish people, by throwing their weight behind the Government, then we are really in shit street.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Watching Harris, after being elected Taoiseach, smirking and simpering during Mary Lou's speech, I thought, WTF is going on in Ireland. He looked like a teenager in the classroom having made a face behind the teacher's back. No presence, no gravitas, I imagined this guy representing Ireland at international fora and conferences and it didn't look pretty. Will he. like Jacob Rees-Mogg, need to bring his Nanny along?
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Mary Lou. A terrorist sympathiser.

That despicable woman is a shameful embarrassment to the Island. A truly obnoxious representative of the lowest forms of intelligence in Ireland.

To hell with her and all in her murderous party.

I’ll take a useless Harris any day over that insufferable mouthpiece.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

JayZeus wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:21 pm Mary Lou. A terrorist sympathiser.

That despicable woman is a shameful embarrassment to the Island. A truly obnoxious representative of the lowest forms of intelligence in Ireland.

To hell with her and all in her murderous party.

I’ll take a useless Harris any day over that insufferable mouthpiece.
My post was not in support of Mary Lou, my opinions on SF are well documented on this forum. It just happened to be during her speech amd If you get a chance to see it you'll see what I mean. the whole lot of them were like a bunch of schoolchildren, an absolute embarrassment to the country.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Just realised that Micheál Martin has been a TD since Harris was in nappies, I don't know which is the more sickening statistic. It's an example of how much we are all to blame for our misfortunes. Martin, of course, has not been immune to scandal in his time in office and it really is an indictment of the electorate, that he still holds high office in the country today.