Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Classic logic from Paschal Donohoe

The burning issues of the day
marhay70

Classic logic from Paschal Donohoe

Post by marhay70 »

Speaking with Claire Byrne this morning. "I think we already pay too much for fuel so we're going to increase excise duty"
Good for the public peace of mind to know we have such sound reasoning at the helm of our finances.
jmayo

Re: Classic logic from Paschal Donohoe

Post by jmayo »

marhay70 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am Speaking with Claire Byrne this morning. "I think we already pay too much for fuel so we're going to increase excise duty"
Good for the public peace of mind to know we have such sound reasoning at the helm of our finances.
Am I missing something here?

Surely you forgot to add a "don't" or a "not" ?
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

jmayo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 am Am I missing something here?

Surely you forgot to add a "don't" or a "not" ?
No, that's the irony. He thinks we pay too much for fuel but he's still going to increase excise duty by 4c/lit next week. Apparently, we should be grateful we're not paying €2.20 a litre like we were at the height of the cost of living crisis and it's not because there's a need to boost public finances because under his stewardship, everything is rosy in the garden. So, why do it then?
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Where can i get a pair of those rosy coloured glasses that he must be using. He is either using them, or smoking crack......
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

kadman wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm Where can i get a pair of those rosy coloured glasses that he must be using. He is either using them, or smoking crack......
No he isn't wearing rose tinted glasses or smoking anything.

He is getting us to pay for his fuel because he has expenses and as major minister has state car under his ar**.
He doesn't need to worry about the cost of fuel, that's an issue for the little people.