Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Global Issues through a Female Eye

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Re: Global Issues through a Female Eye

Post by isha »

The front page of the latest issue of The Lancet, wherein the esteemed medical magazine forgets the words are girls and women...

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

isha wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:14 pm The front page of the latest issue of The Lancet, wherein the esteemed medical magazine forgets the words are girls and women...
Ah now, isha, you can't be going around saying that only girls and women have vaginas. What if one of them identifies as a bloke? :P
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

isha wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:14 pm The front page of the latest issue of The Lancet, wherein the esteemed medical magazine forgets the words are girls and women...

When people look back in the future the 21st century will be remembered as the time when science took a back seat :roll:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Women in the UK have been advised to wave down a bus or shout out to passers-by if they are stopped by a police officer they do not trust.

It follows the murder of Sarah Everard in March by Wayne Couzens, a serving officer in the Metropolitan Police.

Couzens was handed a whole life sentence yesterday for the kidnap, rape and murder of the 33-year-old marketing executive.

The Met made a string of suggestions on what people could do if they are approached by an officer but have concerns they are not acting legitimately.

It was suggested people should ask where the officer's colleagues are; where they have come from; why they are there; and exactly why they are stopping or talking to them.

Anyone could verify the police officer by asking to hear their radio operator or asking to speak to the radio operator themselves, the force said, before suggesting those with concerns could shout out to a passer-by, run into a house, knock on a door, wave a bus down, or call 999.
https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2021/1001/12 ... h-everard/

You could laugh at the ridiculousness of women having to police the police on the public street if it was not so horribly serious and comes in the wake of the terrible murder of Sarah Everard.
And also today it has come up that fellow police officers were sharing disgusting whatsapp messages in groups with Couzens the murderer, including images of violence against women. One of these people in the group sending and receiving the messages manned a cordon around where Sarah's body had been found.
The ones in the mainstream media are not even about much more vile ones which fellow officers are supposed to have shared on the day Couzens was arrested - they make a complete skit of the crime. Sonia Poulton reported on those today - anyone interested can see the 2 minutes from 51 mins in on this video which describes the whats app messages.
So even though Couzens is a monster, he also had a cohort of buddies within the police who found dreadful violence against women to be amusing. What kind of people are these?

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/rise-wit ... XaGiN.html
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Very interesting guest post by Abigai Shrier on Bari Weiss's substack. It is concerning a subject I have long had serious worries about - the lack of sexual development, emotionally, mentally, and physically of children put on puberty blockers. She has interviewed 2 of the most prominent surgeons in the US - both trans women - who perform vaginoplasties etc. I am amazed that this has been allowed to proceed for so long under a 'progressive' human rights banner when we obviously (I mean we, as a civilisation) are thus enabling the barbaric medical treatment of very vulnerable minors.

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/top-tr ... he-whistle
The problem for kids whose puberty has been blocked early isn’t just a lack of tissue but of sexual development. Puberty not only stimulates growth of sex organs. It also endows them with erotic potential. “If you’ve never had an orgasm pre-surgery, and then your puberty's blocked, it's very difficult to achieve that afterwards,” Bowers said. “I consider that a big problem, actually. It's kind of an overlooked problem that in our ‘informed consent’ of children undergoing puberty blockers, we’ve in some respects overlooked that a little bit.”

Nor is this a problem that can be corrected surgically. Bowers can build a labia, a vaginal canal and a clitoris, and the results look impressive. But, she said, if the kids are “orgasmically naive” because of puberty blockade, “the clitoris down there might as well be a fingertip and brings them no particular joy and, therefore, they’re not able to be responsive as a lover. And so how does that affect their long-term happiness?”

Few, if any, other doctors acknowledge as much. The Mayo Clinic, for instance, does not note that permanent sexual dysfunction may be among puberty blockers’ risks. St. Louis Children’s Hospital doesn’t mention it, either. Oregon Health & Science University Children’s Hospital and University of California at San Francisco don’t. Nor was there any mention of sexual dysfunction in a recent New York Times story, “What Are Puberty Blockers?”

Jack Turban, the chief fellow in child and adolescent psychiatry at Stanford University School of Medicine, wrote, in 2018: “The only significant side effect is that the adolescent may fall behind on bone density.”

But lack of bone density is often just the start of the problem. Patients who take puberty blockers almost invariably wind up taking cross-sex hormones — and this combination tends to leave patients infertile and, as Bowers made clear, sexually dysfunctional.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I see searches are to be conducted in woodland near Wicklow for evidence re disappeared women in Leinster in 1990s.

https://www.rte.ie/news/crime/2021/1011 ... ing-women/

I don't know if people generally can imagine how formative in the consciousness of women these disappearances were at the time and since. It changed ones feeling of general safety and security, made walking in ordinary places a thing one should give a second thought. The lack of conclusion must be agony for the families.

And being a lady from Leinster, now relocated, I found these dreadful and inexplicable events especially disturbing somehow. For a time a serial killer seems to have been on the loose in towns and landscapes I knew well, and it is as yet not resolved. Hopefully some evidence turns up that answers questions.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Oh I know there are few enough women on GUBU, but in the hopes that one day there will be swarms, I would like to share a female writer I find wonderful. She is just so intellectually sharp and she stands up against everybody. Mary Harrington. I am sure we do not agree on everything but for now she is my girl crush.
Here are examples of her writing -
https://unherd.com/author/mary-harrington/

Here is a piece she wrote yesterday about the erasure of women by technocracy, and it challenges feminists and their role in that. She is a reactionary feminist, as she calls it. She loves women, knows we are equal, but thinks there has been a lot of shooting ourselves in both feet going on for the past few decades, which has helped lead to the place where women are referred to by some as Non Prostrate Havers (I fecken kid you not!) and Benjamin Cohen, CEO of Pink News, saying publicly on UK radio a couple of days ago that surrogate babies do NOT have mothers.

Anyways this piece is in the American Mind, which is a trigger warning I suppose, just in case anyone thinks they might get a contagious disease from touching an article on a conservative platform. Other less conservative platforms do not generally like to harbour dissent.

https://americanmind.org/salvo/the-figh ... ing-women/
My aim here isn’t to repeat the usual canard that everything bad is the fault of some simplistic view of feminism. In truth, feminism is a rich and internally fractious political tradition. By far the majority of pre-1960s writers and thinkers acknowledged sex dimorphism and our reproductive asymmetry not as obstacles to be overcome, but immutable political facts of central concern to women.

This common-sense consensus was acknowledged in 1966 when the original National Organization for Women released a Statement of Purpose that both acknowledged the transformative effects of modern technology on sex relations, but also the importance of motherhood to most women. Technology, it declared, “has reduced most of the productive chores which women once performed in the home” and “virtually eliminated the quality of muscular strength as a criterion for filling most jobs.”

As a result, NOW argued, it was only just to open “old and new fields of society” to women lest they become “permanent outsiders” in the emerging social order. But “childbearing and rearing” still mattered: it “continues to be a most important part of most women’s lives,” the statement argued.

We might characterize NOW’s 1966 perspective as “biorealist”: a stance that seeks a just settlement for the sexes under changing conditions, but also recognizes some stable biological realities.

NOW put forward this biorealist view in 1966, summarising a perspective with a feminist tradition reaching back to Wollstonecraft, and which remains common-sense among ordinary women today. But the same decade saw the widespread rollout of technologies that promised emancipation from female biology. And once these were materially available, calls to embrace their emancipatory power grew ever louder. By the end of the 1970s, the women’s movement was inextricable from the ideal of radical bodily autonomy, especially concerning reproduction.

Firestone was merely an early adopter in calling for total human emancipation from reproductive asymmetry. If there’s a distinction between her vision and that of Gender Accelerationism, it’s that the latter starts from a baseline where much of Firestone’s dream has been realized. Liberation is a process, not an end-state, and utopia is always just over the horizon.

Now this utopia is explicitly named as the abolition of the human. But if emancipating women is the same thing as universal rollout of a cyborg sameness, where we can no longer distinguish between female and feminized, who stands for the interests of embodied females?

Biolibertarianism demands we dismantle all received ideas concerning what humans are, in order that we may be maximally able to become. This all-out assault on our shared understanding of human nature is most tangible for women in the conflict between biorealist “woman” as embodied reality and biolibertarian “woman” as self-chosen identity. But the negative impacts reach far beyond those that are immediately visible. Faced with this challenge, a defence of women must draw on the older, biorealist tradition of thinking about women’s interests expressed in NOW’s 1966 statement.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This is genuinely horrifying if true. I started hearing a bit about ''needles'' and spiking women recently but to be honest I did not look into it as shamefully I had thought it was the beginning of an urban myth. But it looks like it might be real. What the Actual EFF!?
Some unknown people are going into crowded venues with needles full of I don't know what and sticking them into women's backs or legs or upper arms under the cover of crowding. :shock: This boggles the mind.
IF this is happening, and I just don't know if it's some crazy rumour, but there should be an automatic 20 year sentence no reprieve for doing something like that.
At least five police forces are investigating reports of women being “spiked by injection” at nightclubs and parties, with a dozen victims coming forward in a single county.

Nottinghamshire police said that they had had received 44 reports of spiking since early September, 12 of them through “something sharp” rather than contaminated drinks. Investigations are under way in Glasgow, Exeter, West Yorkshire and the West Midlands, and unconfirmed reports have been shared on social media in other cities.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/wome ... -rvn2grrqc
Now come alarming reports, if still relatively small in number, of women being injected with syringes at crowded pubs and nightclubs, in a variation of “spiking,” in which drugs are dropped into someone’s drink, a crime that often targets women. A number of police forces in England are investigating reports of “needle spiking,” including 12 incidents in Nottinghamshire. Police in Scotland are looking into similar reports.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/22/worl ... &smtyp=cur
Women in a number of UK cities, including Edinburgh and Nottingham, have posted text and images detailing experiences in which they believe they were spiked by “needles”. Several of the accounts include stories of blacking out and waking up the next morning to find a puncture wound on their arm, leg or lower back.

One post on Twitter from an account that has since been made private showed what looks like a swollen puncture wound on a woman’s elbow, with text reading: “The injection left me unable to walk without the help of someone else and I could barely string a sentence together, thankfully I was not alone and had a friend with me. Posting for awareness as I stupidly didn’t think this would ever happen to me and that it wasn’t common enough to be happening in Dundee.”
https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxdenq/ ... n-uk-clubs

This report says it would be hard to do this unnoticed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-58994 ... m2=twitter
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Why are you so lenient with the sentence. Its not a deterent.
A life time of institutionalised care in a strict regime is the only deterent. We are too.too. soft on crimes against women.

But thats because its a mans world, ruled by men, for men.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Well I was going to say 30 years but I did not want to come across as Genghis Khan - though I would personally prefer the keys to be thrown away for many offenses.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

isha wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:02 am Well I was going to say 30 years but I did not want to come across as Genghis Khan - though I would personally prefer the keys to be thrown away for many offenses.
You are too soft.

These guys are premeditating a serious assault if they have possession of this stuff. For posession I would give them 15 years, for using it I would give them life. There should be no middle ground or mitigating circumstances for these scumbags.

Who the feck goes out with rohypnol or similar only scumbags and they need to be dealt with in a serious manner. Its not a party drug for recreation, its a serious offensive weapon and dealt with sternly.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

kadman wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:53 am Why are you so lenient with the sentence. Its not a deterent.
A life time of institutionalised care in a strict regime is the only deterent. We are too.too. soft on crimes against women.

But thats because its a mans world, ruled by men, for men.
It's the old thing of the law being an ass and our wishy washy politicians not being prepared to change things. The public are light years ahead of the political/judicial class in what needs to be done with criminals. Anyone found guilty of spiking people's (male or female) drink or worse still assaulting somebody with a needle needs ten years hard labour to sort themselves out. I'm in a good mood today otherwise I would be considerably harsher.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I do agree of course it should be harshly punished. After all someone could just as easily have a reaction to unknown substances and die on the spot or later.
Still can hardly believe it is happening - the amount of preparation required and then to stick a needle into someone! They would have to be complete psychopaths. I will keep an eye on if it pops up more in the media. Somehow it reminds me of the acid attacks thing, in terms of pre preparation and vindictiveness.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Del.Monte wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:08 pm It's the old thing of the law being an ass and our wishy washy politicians not being prepared to change things. The public are light years ahead of the political/judicial class in what needs to be done with criminals. Anyone found guilty of spiking people's (male or female) drink or worse still assaulting somebody with a needle needs ten years hard labour to sort themselves out. I'm in a good mood today otherwise I would be considerably harsher.
Ten years hard labour, and out in 5 for good behaviour. If it was my relative he spiked, I would give him 2 number four shells in the forehead.
I have absolutely no sympathy for these types of individuals, none.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Its our soft approach to crimes against the individual that have us being the capital for human trafficking in the eu.
WE are soft.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Are we the capital for human trafficking in the EU?

Jesus if we are don't you think that should occupy the politicians more than unscientific vaccine passports?
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Ireland ‘in denial’ about human trafficking, says global expert
Sr Kathleen Bryant says State has continuously failed to meet key international targets to combat the problem
Thu, Jul 30, 2020, 01:00
Kitty Holland Social Affairs Correspondent
Sr Kathleen Bryant, a member of the Sisters of Charity, who has worked with trafficking survivors in three continents. Photograph: Tom Honan/The Irish Times

Sr Kathleen Bryant, a member of the Sisters of Charity, who has worked with trafficking survivors in three continents. Photograph: Tom Honan/The Irish Times

WE should be very proud of ourselves. Next politician that calls to my door is in for some bollicking.

Ireland is “in denial” about human trafficking, failing to identify and protect victims or to acknowledge that Irish people are being trafficked, a global expert warns.

Sr Kathleen Bryant, a member of the Sisters of Charity who has worked with trafficking survivors in three continents, says the lives of girls are “worth nothing” across much of the world.

They are sold, trafficked, raped and murdered and their deaths rarely meriting a line in local media, says Sr Bryant, speaking to The Irish Times to mark World Day Against Human Trafficking on Thursday.

Now based in Dublin, the Californian nun is “hugely disappointed” at what she says is Ireland’s continued failure to meet key international targets to combat global human trafficking.

In its annual Trafficking in Persons (TIP), published last month, the US State Department put Ireland on a tier-two watchlist, having already in 2019 downgraded Ireland from tier one to tier two.

Ireland is the only country in western Europe to fall so short and joins countries including Armenia, Chad, Hong Kong and Romania.

Though 471 trafficking victims had been identified here since 2013 “there have been zero convictions under the anti-trafficking legislation”, says the report.

“Of the victims identified in 2019, 34 were exploited in sex trafficking and six in labour trafficking...Of the 42 victims identified in 2019, 38 were female (seven of whom were children) and four were male (two of whom were children).”

Children, particularly girls, are expendable to traffickers, says Sr Bryant, pointing to an incident earlier this month at an orphanage in Sonora state, Mexico near the Arizona border.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Its a whole other thread unfortunately. And Ireland puts itself forward as a caring nation to the rest of the world.But we dont care enough at home.
Since 2000, 509 separated children have gone missing from State care in Ireland with only 58 accounted for – it is feared that many of the missing children have been trafficked. Between January and June 2011, seven separated children went missing and five remain unaccounted. Read Case Studies

The Body Shop collected its largest ever petition globally [6.8 million signatures in 50 countries] during the campaign. Launched in July 2010, it was submitted to the UN in September 2011. Over 165,000 people in Ireland signed the petition, calling on Government to:

Identify child victims and enforce laws to prosecute child traffickers;
Provide child victims with the support they need to escape their traffickers and rebuild their lives;
Implement the Irish Government’s National Action Plan to Prevent and Combat Trafficking in Human Beings 2009-2012; and
Ratify the Optional Protocol to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child on the Sale of Children, Child Prostitution and Child Pornography.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I listened to Kathleen Stock on this interview today. I really admire Kathleen, have read her book Material Girls. She is a lovely smart person. She is not transphobic at all, she argues from the rational philosophical perspective that we cannot have material reality over-thrown by ideological thinking as it has real world consequences. She has had a horrible time of late. Turned up to work to see the whole place splattered with posters calling her names, demanding she be fired, people setting off flares and scrawling graffiti over her work place. She was advised by police to stay home for her own safety and to have security measures installed in her home. Her union came out against her. Even though the Institution finally came out in support of her, she resigned from the University of Sussex. Basically hounded out by tyrants.

The twitter clip gives you a sense of the woman, her honesty and her present trauma. The longer video is a bit more explanatory of the wider situation although it does not go into her views on gender theory. She is still a bit raw in the video, as these things have just happened to her. You can find her wider views in her book. Material Girls.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The end of female sports. Though the ruling is not legally binding it will certainly be influential on various sporting federations. What I cannot get my head around is how obviously nonsensical it is. We live in weird times.

https://news.sky.com/story/transgender- ... s-12470620
Transgender women should not be forced to reduce their testosterone levels to compete in sports, new International Olympic Committee (IOC) guidelines have said.

The new framework also states that no athlete should be excluded from competition on the grounds of a perceived "unfair and disproportionate advantage" due to their gender.

The guidelines will replace ones from 2015 and reverses the IOC's previous stance on transgender athletes.

Previously, transgender women athletes were only allowed to compete providing that their testosterone levels were below the required limit 12 months before their first competition.

"You don't need to use testosterone (to decide who can compete) at all," said IOC medical director Richard Budgett.

The IOC called sex testing to verify an athlete's gender "disrespectful" and "potentially harmful"; labelling it an "invasive physical examinations".

"We really want to make sure that athletes are not pressured or coerced into making a harmful decision about their bodies," said Magali Martowicz, IOC head of human rights.

The IOC addressed the criticisms directly within the report stating athletes should not be excluded due to "unverified, alleged or perceived unfair competitive advantage[s] due to their sex variations, physical appearance and/or transgender status".
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Once again J.K. Rowling has to speak out to defend herself, this time against the recent public doxxing of her by activists. She speaks out on behalf of others who do not have the security arrangements she has and thus can be cowed into silence by rape threats and death threats from very dangerous activists.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Disgusting stuff, it's one thing slagging off people on social media but threatening them, publishing their details on line etc. is completely beyond the pale.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Just passing by and putting a marker in the sands of time regarding the ongoing imconsistencies around the world as gender theory stupidity continues its merry march through the institutions..

Lia Thomas, decidedly more burly than girly, is cleaning up by hardly even trying in the college swim meets in the US. Smashing female records.

20220222_100930.jpg
20220222_100930.jpg (54.31 KiB) Viewed 4816 times
The New York Times is running an advertisement campaign presently in US cities where they celebrate Lianna dreaming of memory holing JK Rowling. This is a still from the advertisement campaign. It seems incredible that anyone is allowed to publish this kind of hate speech, much less the NYTs making a virtue of it.
20220222_101244.jpg
20220222_101244.jpg (137.94 KiB) Viewed 4816 times

An interesting recent article by a Guardian journalist writing in Unherd - kind of summarises stuff to now for those not up to speed.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Couple of things happening now that illustrate theimpact of idiotic gender ideology on reality.

Lia Thomas just took first place at the 2022 NCAA Division 1 Women's Swimming & Diving Championships in the 500 freestyle in the US.
20220318_075722.jpg
20220318_075722.jpg (89.36 KiB) Viewed 7216 times
That's bad, but a story from the UK that emerged yesterday is immeasurably worse.
A woman was raped in hospital. The NHS employees told the police that there was no male present in the hospital, therefore the rape could not have happened. The police refused to investigate. The woman who was raped spent ONE YEAR trying to get the police to believe her and investigate/prosecute. She suffered mental health issues due to the denial. CCTV footage finally proved she had been raped.
A clause in legislation had instructed the NHS staff to say no male is present if the person is a trans woman, thus implying rape could not have occurred.

See what happens when things are idiotic? Bad things happen. Worse still is that the bad things can be foreseen, are the predictable and logical inconsistencies that will arise where ideological possession is given precedence over reality. And yet anyone pointing towards the likely issues that will arise are deemed problematic people/ bigoted.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Mountain wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:03 am It's unfortunate that the source is a person who is transphobic and has used pretty ugly language to describe trans people in the past. Which is not to say she is lying, but it's possible she may be focussed on certain aspects and completely overlooking the obvious. Because surely the issue, the 'idiocy', the "bad thing" is that it took over a year to look at CCTV?
When all ya got is shoot the messenger...

No. The idiocy is pushing the harmful falsehood that humans can change sex. We cannot. Full stop.