Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

General Current Affairs Chat - Global and Local

The burning issues of the day
marhay70

Re: General Current Affairs Chat - Global and Local

Post by marhay70 »

Setanta wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:26 pm When did stormont agree or have input upon the measures for British soldiers backing up the police force??,this is a dictat from Westminster....famously shinners come under a sticky wicket for having to vote to have the RAF deliver hay to isolated sheep in mountains :lol: ...but they have no say as regards the deployment of soldiers to back up sweeps/searches around attacks?

A few weeks ago,there was a (thankfully) failed attack on a psni vehicle in Strabane,and the psni/soldiers held an estate of roughly 1000 people in what was effectively an open air prison where noone was allowed enter/leave for to attend school's/hospital,and never issued an apology to that community or noone holds em to account for this carryon either.....the psni are at a dangerous junction,people can see their carryon isnt appropriate or porportionate and noone is being held or holding em to account

(take for instance their saturation policing of perceived threat and contrast with their leaking of info of contractors who were to remove a bonfire in Belfast to the uvf)...I don't see the point for these policing boards,if they are simply to rubber-stamp and cheerlead for the police?
The Army in any part of these islands is a backup to the Civil Power, the Police will decide what level of support it needs from the Armed Forces. During the troubles it was common for the Irish Army to accompany Gardaí on patrol. The Sovereign Government of the UK is still the Parliament in Westminster, as such it does not issue "diktats" any more than the Dáil issues diktats in the Republic.

I remember the incident in Strabane, I'm also pretty sure I remember a senior Police Officer apologising on TV for the disruption but perhaps we don't
watch the same channels, I also remember him saying that they had reason to believe that other devices might be planted in the area. Is this what you call holding the area to ransom?

I'm not not sure what point you're trying to make in the last paragraph, I wasn't aware of any leak to the UVF which is a serious allegation which should really be taken to the authorities, or to your point on the policing boards , which, up to now, haven't been mentioned.

Post by 95438756 »

Smoke bomb gets Japanese PM
BBC News - Japan PM Fumio Kishida evacuated after what appears to be smoke bomb thrown
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-65284306

Post by 95438756 »

Previous Indian MP shot dead onive tv

BBC News - Atiq Ahmed: Former Indian politician and brother shot dead live on TV
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-65290042

Why are gubernites so fixated with local parish pump news like planks anyway?
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

gugleguy wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:41 am Previous Indian MP shot dead onive tv

BBC News - Atiq Ahmed: Former Indian politician and brother shot dead live on TV
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-65290042

Why are gubernites so fixated with local parish pump news like planks anyway?
That story is actually insane :shock: :o
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I know it's not woke to say it but with an estimated population of 1,407,563,842 - they won't be missed.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

The Irish government are asleep at the wheel here, they need to charter Ryanair and see Lingus flights and fly in a few million Sudanese here immediately. That will get our population to 10 million and appease the globalists.
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

gugleguy wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:32 pm UN suspended operations in Sudan
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-africa-65285254
Shocking what's happening over there. I mean they're normally such a peace loving nation of artists and academics it doesn't bear thinking about.

Sorry, I've become so cynical and jaded with the sheer horror of these places. It's the one thing I see eye to eye on with Donald Trump. Some countries are indeed shithole countries.

Post by 95438756 »

Incident at facility in Stryker Carrigtwohill Cork
https://www.96fm.ie/news/96fm-news-and- ... igtwohill/
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

MSM are conspiring trying to keep this story out of the media but it's been trending on Twitter for 3 days
https://www.ontheditch.com/niall-collins-public-land/
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:23 am MSM are conspiring trying to keep this story out of the media but it's been trending on Twitter for 3 days
https://www.ontheditch.com/niall-collins-public-land/

This story, from the same site, is a classic too: https://www.ontheditch.com/heather-humphreys/
'no more blah blah blah'
Jack The Stripper

MSM are a disgrace, they won’t bite the hand that feeds them.
Apelles

Post by Apelles »

Del.Monte wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:59 am This story, from the same site, is a classic too: https://www.ontheditch.com/heather-humphreys/
Her constituents should all repeat with that same retort next time she comes knocking on their doors looking for a vote.

"Fcuk off and leave me alone Heather"
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Diane Abbott is a vile antisemitic witch who should be put in the jaws of a staving alligator.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane

Post by 678904673 »

And Corbyn made her Shadow Home Secretary. The mind boggles
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Happy Days wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:41 pm And Corbyn made her Shadow Home Secretary. The mind boggles
I’d point out she slept her way to the middle but I’m about to eat and it makes me queasy!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Post by 678904673 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:20 pm I’d point out she slept her way to the middle but I’m about to eat and it makes me queasy!
Thanks. That's my lunch ruined😂
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

A majority already whittled down to one,is the government about to fall?

While these exposures of a rot within standards in public office are to be welcomed,long term will benefit the state.....,I just feel that these type of revelations shouldn't only come from an essentially blog-site run by a singular wealthy individual of questionable personality
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Jack The Stripper

The government won’t fall, the whole establishment is corrupt to the core. The msm is a national disgrace. The great reset button will be pressed and off we go again.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

My TV licence is going to @wereontheditch
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:00 am The government won’t fall, the whole establishment is corrupt to the core. The msm is a national disgrace. The great reset button will be pressed and off we go again.
Conspiracy theories forum >>>>>>>>>>

Jack The Stripper

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:08 am Conspiracy theories forum >>>>>>>>>>
I doubled checked my post there to verify I wasn’t posting inaccurate information and no I didn’t. Maybe it’s yourself that needs to go to that place.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:32 am I doubled checked my post there to verify I wasn’t posting inaccurate information and no I didn’t. Maybe it’s yourself that needs to go to that place.
Yep, the wagons are already circling as expected
Jack The Stripper

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:00 pm Yep, the wagons are already circling as expected
Donnelly you mean?
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:04 pm Donnelly you mean?
All of them!

If he didn't have any interest as he claimed why would there be any need to recuse himself as the three party leaders are suggesting?