Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

General Current Affairs Chat - Global and Local

The burning issues of the day
Setanta

Re: General Current Affairs Chat - Global and Local

Post by Setanta »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:38 pm Or just pay your fcking rent
Their rent was paid up a month in advance.... thankfully the establishment managed to wrangle another few million of taxpayer's money to oversee these famine style evictions

I feel safer already🙄
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
quodec

Post by quodec »

Culture week in Galway over the weekend apparently!!!! Not for the faint-hearted but make of the clips what you will...

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

quodec wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:34 pm Culture week in Galway over the weekend apparently!!!! Not for the faint-hearted but make of the clips what you will...

I’m assuming we can’t say which special group of citizens this is can we ???
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:17 pm I’m assuming we can’t say which special group of citizens this is can we ???
Ah here, that’s not a very left wing thing to be pointing out now missus! :D

Every man and his daag knows who’s creating that ruckus.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JayZeus wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:14 pm Ah here, that’s not a very left wing thing to be pointing out now missus! :D

Every man and his daag knows who’s creating that ruckus.
That’s far left PC Brigade to you boss!!! :lol: :lol:
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

The day you join the ‘Far Left PC Brigade, hai’ is the day I join SF.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

🤣
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

JayZeus wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:31 pm The day you join the ‘Far Left PC Brigade, hai’ is the day I join SF.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

🤣
Heh heh I’m off to get my pronoun badge !!!

Post by 95438756 »

Much better quality news bulletin than the biased crap we get on RTE and Virgin Media Ireland
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

Big piece on RTE Six One this evening about the rape of "Emily" and possibly other elderly patients with dementia in a HSE nursing home. Surprise surprise, RTE has again failed to name the perpetrator, Emmanuel Adenjii who was convicted of rape and sentenced to 11 years in 2020.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/09 ... iliy-case/

So they won't name a convicted rapist for....reasons....yet they have no qualms about naming Russell Brand for an alleged rape that happened in a different country and that he hasn't been charged, let alone convicted for.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2023/0 ... ell-brand/
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

BrianD3 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:11 pm Big piece on RTE Six One this evening about the rape of "Emily" and possibly other elderly patients with dementia in a HSE nursing home. Surprise surprise, RTE has again failed to name the perpetrator, Emmanuel Adenjii who was convicted of rape and sentenced to 11 years in 2020.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/09 ... iliy-case/

So they won't name a convicted rapist for....reasons....yet they have no qualms about naming Russell Brand for an alleged rape that happened in a different country and that he hasn't been charged, let alone convicted for.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2023/0 ... ell-brand/
Brand is a white British man.

End of story :(

Setanta

Post by Setanta »

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-n ... source=app

Good stable, healthy,democracy we have here🤣🤣

PC brigade are so far down the rabbithole of reactionary nonsense,they are on brink of calling for any political protests to be banned to silence dissent 🧐
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-41234731.html

A rare joint military exercise for the army here....army rangers absailed onto and took over the ship after warning shots fired by navy at the ship for drug smuggling
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Not one but two standing ovations in the Canadian parliament for Yaroslav Hunka, nazi war hero.

https://news.sky.com/story/canadian-par ... s-12970074
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

knownunknown wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:17 am Not one but two standing ovations in the Canadian parliament for Yaroslav Hunka, nazi war hero.

https://news.sky.com/story/canadian-par ... s-12970074
This is the problem with the modern world, no fooking idea of history, no fooking research and a rush to make a big display of righteousness.

In this case some clown suggested it would be great to drag out some old guy from WWII who had fought for Ukraine like their guest is currently doing.

It reminds me how all the chattering gimps got on their high horse about the now homeless couple in Killiney without ever checking out the back story or how the same chattering gimps got on their high horse to Kenny about a homeless guy dying on the streets of Dublin only to later drop him like a hotsnot the moment they found out he had been deported from Australia for kiddie fiddling.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

jmayo wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:34 pm This is the problem with the modern world, no fooking idea of history, no fooking research and a rush to make a big display of righteousness.

In this case some clown suggested it would be great to drag out some old guy from WWII who had fought for Ukraine like their guest is currently doing.

It reminds me how all the chattering gimps got on their high horse about the now homeless couple in Killiney without ever checking out the back story or how the same chattering gimps got on their high horse to Kenny about a homeless guy dying on the streets of Dublin only to later drop him like a hotsnot the moment they found out he had been deported from Australia for kiddie fiddling.
The polish lad in work is from near enough the Ukraine border,think 50km or so

But he said his grandfather told him,the worst killers in WW2 were Ukrainians who used cross the border and slaughter villages and entire families of poles,in what would be nowadays called ethic cleansing

In long term,the establishments head-long rush into wanting associated with/photo-ops with Ukrainians and silencing of any reasonable criticism of Ukrainian army/politics will reflect very very badly on the establishment here IMO
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Setanta wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:40 pm The polish lad in work is from near enough the Ukraine border,think 50km or so

But he said his grandfather told him,the worst killers in WW2 were Ukrainians who used cross the border and slaughter villages and entire families of poles,in what would be nowadays called ethic cleansing

In long term,the establishments head-long rush into wanting associated with/photo-ops with Ukrainians and silencing of any reasonable criticism of Ukrainian army/politics will reflect very very badly on the establishment here IMO
That is very simplistic.

You appear to be buying into the bullcr** that Putin is fighting Nazis in Ukraine.

Yes some Ukrainians were damn quick to turn on their neighbours especially Jews, but so did a lot of Europeans most especially in Eastern and Central Europe.

Do you know who carried out one of the worst Jewish massacres carried out in Ukraine ?
No it wasn't SS, Einsatzgruppen, Wehrmacht - who of course claimed after the war they did and knew fook all.
It was actually carried out by Romanians, one of those countries who for some reason has been able to nearly bury it's part as a very willing German ally in Operation Barbarosa.
The Odessa massacre in autumn 41 saw 30,000 Jews shot and burned primarily by Romanians.
Hell they killed 15,000 Jews in their own city of Isai.

In total 380,000 – 400,000 Jews, including the Jews of Transnistria, were murdered in Romanian-controlled areas.

Baltic states often tend to be very quiet about what happened from 41 to 44 as they often had a large number of collaborators who helped the Germans.
All because they hated the Soviets/Russians and also antisemitism was always there.
Most of Latvia's 74,000 Jews were dead by end of 1941.
And the Germans had a lot of willing locals to help.

You can also ask your Polish work colleague about Polish collaborators because they also existed.
Granted they were probably lower percentage and Poland never had a collaborator government of any sort.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

jmayo wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:15 pm That is very simplistic.

You appear to be buying into the bullcr** that Putin is fighting Nazis in Ukraine.

Yes some Ukrainians were damn quick to turn on their neighbours especially Jews, but so did a lot of Europeans most especially in Eastern and Central Europe.

Do you know who carried out one of the worst Jewish massacres carried out in Ukraine ?
No it wasn't SS, Einsatzgruppen, Wehrmacht - who of course claimed after the war they did and knew fook all.
It was actually carried out by Romanians, one of those countries who for some reason has been able to nearly bury it's part as a very willing German ally in Operation Barbarosa.
The Odessa massacre in autumn 41 saw 30,000 Jews shot and burned primarily by Romanians.
Hell they killed 15,000 Jews in their own city of Isai.

In total 380,000 – 400,000 Jews, including the Jews of Transnistria, were murdered in Romanian-controlled areas.

Baltic states often tend to be very quiet about what happened from 41 to 44 as they often had a large number of collaborators who helped the Germans.
All because they hated the Soviets/Russians and also antisemitism was always there.
Most of Latvia's 74,000 Jews were dead by end of 1941.
And the Germans had a lot of willing locals to help.

You can also ask your Polish work colleague about Polish collaborators because they also existed.
Granted they were probably lower percentage and Poland never had a collaborator government of any sort.
I'm not buying into anything about Putin fighting Nazis in Ukraine,he has plenty at home if he wanted that......just I have no problem,unlike the establishment here,of acknowledging that Ukraine has a rather large amount neo-nazi and no amount of airbrushing it away and ignoring it by media is going to change it....and long term,they will seize power in the Ukraine
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Setanta wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:45 pm I'm not buying into anything about Putin fighting Nazis in Ukraine,he has plenty at home if he wanted that......just I have no problem,unlike the establishment here,of acknowledging that Ukraine has a rather large amount neo-nazi and no amount of airbrushing it away and ignoring it by media is going to change it....and long term,they will seize power in the Ukraine
Ah, the establishment. Ever the enemy of the people until the people become the establishment. In which case there’s a new establishment, a new enemy of the people. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Yawn.

That last bit of your post is comedy gold. You deny believing Kremlin shite and then you regurgitate it as though you’re vocalising some sort of insightful wisdom or common sense, when it’s really nothing but lies.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

JayZeus wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:49 pm Ah, the establishment. Ever the enemy of the people until the people become the establishment. In which case there’s a new establishment, a new enemy of the people. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Yawn.

That last bit of your post is comedy gold. You deny believing Kremlin shite and then you regurgitate it as though you’re vocalising some sort of insightful wisdom or common sense, when it’s really nothing but lies.
So you don't think there's any Nazis in Ukraine,it's military or its political establishment??

Seems like the far left as usual want to silence anyone who deosnt tow the PC agenda and label anyone pointing out obvious as lies
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Setanta wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:22 am So you don't think there's any Nazis in Ukraine,it's military or its political establishment??

Seems like the far left as usual want to silence anyone who deosnt tow the PC agenda and label anyone pointing out obvious as lies
Establishment, Far Left AND PC Agenda! Good man.

If you think I’m far left you really must be one of those unfortunates who can’t tell left from right. Me…. far left…. Ha ha ha ha!

Post by 95438756 »

Marcos acting towards china just like his dad Ferdinand
BBC News - South China Sea: Philippines' Marcos defends removing Chinese barrier
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-66956776
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

WTaF. I have seen a horrific headline about a 16 year old killing a woman (known to him) in Tullamore and broadcasting it on social media. I was just saying to friends this morning that of late I've been shocked at the level of violence that seems to be casually happening more and more. Just this is hell now. Shut down the internet.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Worse still you have morons posting it or links to it on Whatsapp groups.

Anyone running a whatsapp group that has someone post such material to it should immediately remove them from the group.
And no comeback.

How the fook would they like it if it was their loved ones.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Who's your Daddy now?

https://www.rte.ie/news/europe/2023/091 ... eu-budget/
The Irish Government is strongly resisting a European Commission bid to seek a slice of Ireland's corporate sector profits as a way to replenish the European Union budget, RTÉ News has learned.

Irish officials have said the move would disproportionately hit Ireland because of the size and profitability of the State’s multinational corporate sector.

The commission proposal envisages targeting a share of member state corporation profits which would then become a revenue-raising mechanism designed to refill EU coffers, sorely hit by Russia’s war in Ukraine and Covid-related expenditure.

The proposal would have to be approved by all member states.

One source described the move as an attempted "grab" of Ireland’s corporate profits, at a time when the State has already moved up into the top bracket of net contributors to the EU budget.

The Department of Finance has told RTÉ News that the commission proposal "could potentially disproportionately increase Ireland’s EU Budget contribution. This is due to the high level of corporate profitability in Ireland linked to the large presence of multinationals."

According to one calculation, if the mechanism were approved, Ireland’s annual contribution to the EU budget could increase by €1.5 billion from the current amount of €2.6 billion.

The bid to find new revenue streams for the budget has acquired sharper political importance in recent weeks.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...