Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

General Current Affairs Chat - Global and Local

The burning issues of the day
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: General Current Affairs Chat - Global and Local

Post by Del.Monte »

Guess my invitation got mislaid in the post. :cry:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:38 pm Guess my invitation got mislaid in the post. :cry:
A shame. An invite would have been a crowning achievement
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Happy Days wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:02 pm A shame. An invite would have been a crowning achievement
I thought I had suggested you get your coat? :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

isha wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:26 am Nicola Sturgeon's husband, Peter Murrell, has been arrested on charges of financial irregularities with SNP finances, and their home is being searched. He has been the SNP's chief executive since 1999.
Had a look through the Guardian website and surprise, surprise there wasn't much mention of it
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

There is digging in their back garden. Either it's a farce or the world is mad.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Cyclepath
Verified Username

Post by Cyclepath »

There's a body under that patio...
1_144233.jpeg
1_144233.jpeg (50.87 KiB) Viewed 4927 times

Post by 95438756 »

Thread now 'smells like Benji'
Phrase used on boards when I joined there first way back when
Fugue

Post by Fugue »

The members of an evil child abuse gang are being convicted in England at present, and all that certain types can say on social media is "look, they're white! Not so convenient now eh?" Do those vile people EVER think about the victims?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

First of all, this is terrible. Second of all, can someone smart explain to me why the PSNI would give away so many specifics on their intelligence work? Telling where, when and how a terrorist attack on police may take place. If they know so much why can they not arrest them? And if they can't arrest them before the terrorists move, have they not just driven them deeper under cover and harder to catch? I dunno 🤔

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2023/040 ... ni-threat/
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

I suppose they have to put out a certain amount of information to cover themselves in event of any attack and, perhaps, by releasing a warning they may dissuade the loons from doing something.
'no more blah blah blah'
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Del.Monte wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:11 pm I suppose they have to put out a certain amount of information to cover themselves in event of any attack and, perhaps, by releasing a warning they may dissuade the loons from doing something.
Or maybe there's no risk and they are spinning bullsh1t for political reasons. Did they ever get to the bottom of the Loyalists assisting Catholics in the attempted murder of a PSNI officer
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

PogMoThoin22 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:34 pm Or maybe there's no risk and they are spinning bullsh1t for political reasons. Did they ever get to the bottom of the Loyalists assisting Catholics in the attempted murder of a PSNI officer
You could be right, and after decades of watching this stuff nothing would surprise me.
'no more blah blah blah'
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

MI6 have been running both sides of the war since its inception obviously.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

kadman wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:45 pm MI6 have been running both sides of the war since its inception obviously.
That's a horrible thought.

Anyway I have some interest as I'm in the north a few times every week and I would hate it to go back to how it was.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

MI5 had agents on both sides of the divide during the conflict than was known at the time. No body wants to see a return to the troubled times. Great opportunity for Bertie to weasel his way back into the good books at every opportunity.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

kadman wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:23 am MI5 had agents on both sides of the divide during the conflict than was known at the time. No body wants to see a return to the troubled times. Great opportunity for Bertie to weasel his way back into the good books at every opportunity.
TBF the Brits are dragging their feet on a border poll,or listing requirements to hold one,the psni have descended into a farce,loyalists are being policed completely different to nationlists

The situation being stalled to level it is,is starting to grate on alot of people....the British endulging the likes of Bryson are leading em to path of trouble,it's preparing unionists for reunification and withdrawal of its army barracks and administration,is what they should be doing,not jumping through hoops around protocol/brexit deals
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Another manifesto we’re likely to never see.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rches.html

Usually these nut job manifestos are available to read within about a day…. Not these recent ones though.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

An Afghani man has been arrested for the brutal, frenzied stabbing of Geila Ibram in Limerick. He was caught in Belfast where he was trying to escape to the UK. I believe Geila had only arrived in March. She was working as a prostitute ( sorry, I can't say "sex worker" for this horrible job). She was only 26. May she rest in peace, the poor woman. CCTV shows him making an arrangement for sexual services and then shows he he entered and left her apartment in only one minute. It reminds me of the beheadings in Sligo. He arrived seeking asylum in late 2020. Except for how awful it is for women in Afghanistan and how they don't deserve to be endangered by another monster, I would say he should be deported. But no, now he is our problem.

I have seen some other stuff re Geila, but I will wait to see if verified. Just to note, Ireland is known now as having among the highest levels of sex trafficking in Europe. We are just too busy showing what goodie goodies we are to get down to the serious dirty work of being real about things.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0408/13758 ... ck-charge/
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:28 pm An Afghani man has been arrested for the brutal, frenzied stabbing of Geila Ibram in Limerick. He was caught in Belfast where he was trying to escape to the UK. I believe Geila had only arrived in March. She was working as a prostitute ( sorry, I can't say "sex worker" for this horrible job). She was only 26. May she rest in peace, the poor woman. CCTV shows him making an arrangement for sexual services and then shows he he entered and left her apartment in only one minute. It reminds me of the beheadings in Sligo. He arrived seeking asylum in late 2020. Except for how awful it is for women in Afghanistan and how they don't deserve to be endangered by another monster, I would say he should be deported. But no, now he is our problem.

I have seen some other stuff re Geila, but I will wait to see if verified. Just to note, Ireland is known now as having among the highest levels of sex trafficking in Europe. We are just too busy showing what goodie goodies we are to get down to the serious dirty work of being real about things.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0408/13758 ... ck-charge/
And there are people - many in Government sadly - who think that brining more of these scum in unchecked is a great idea.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

Time to make your feelings known when politicians come calling for your vote. personally I want these animals shipped out of Ireland immediately. Free movement is one thing, but that doesn't apply to scumbags who dont respect the rule of law.
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Rip to that woman, he will probably get a free pardon if he signs up to the gardai.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

kadman wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:26 pm Time to make your feelings known when politicians come calling for your vote. personally I want these animals shipped out of Ireland immediately. Free movement is one thing, but that doesn't apply to scumbags who dont respect the rule of law.
Yes, regrettably I'm going to have to give politicians the benefit of my opinion, if not my vote, this time around.
This animal and hundreds more like him have been given the benefit of our compassion because of what their country has become, the young woman he brutally killed got no such compassion in either country. Unfortunately, our justice system is too lenient to pass the sentence he deserves.
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

It’s all for the interest of the common good to house these rapists and murderers. That is why they are ramming through legislation so they can cpo your private property be it land or your house so they can house them.
The Irish will be slaves in this country by 2030.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

isha wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:59 pm First of all, this is terrible. Second of all, can someone smart explain to me why the PSNI would give away so many specifics on their intelligence work? Telling where, when and how a terrorist attack on police may take place. If they know so much why can they not arrest them? And if they can't arrest them before the terrorists move, have they not just driven them deeper under cover and harder to catch? I dunno 🤔

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2023/040 ... ni-threat/
Got what they come for

"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Setanta wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:44 pm Got what they come for

They look almost like children. Bloody idiots.