Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

General Current Affairs Chat - Global and Local

The burning issues of the day
DeletedUser

Re: General Current Affairs Chat - Global and Local

Post by DeletedUser »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:31 pm It’s not going to go tits up because they are importing votes. Mark my words every fakeugee and gimmigrant will have a vote in the next elections.
It’s the great replacement and it’s working.
I fear you're right - I get my Irish citizenship through my father; yet I had to jump through hoops to prove my eligibility.

Any Adbul or Vlad who is fresh off the boat will be fasttracked to citizenship - I can see that witch McEntee doing that.

I don't recognise my town most days save for the pub at the end of the road but how long before they have them shut down on the grounds they are culturally insensitive ??
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:40 pm I fear you're right - I get my Irish citizenship through my father; yet I had to jump through hoops to prove my eligibility.

Any Adbul or Vlad who is fresh off the boat will be fasttracked to citizenship - I can see that witch McEntee doing that.

I don't recognise my town most days save for the pub at the end of the road but how long before they have them shut down on the grounds they are culturally insensitive ??
We are doing contract work down in Killarney and Listowel there this week it’s like being in Africa.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Most landlords just want a steady income with steady rules. If they know what the rules are going to be for a few years and can get their rent, most are happy. It's the not getting rent for years when "tenants" won't leave and whistling your ducks to water to get back rent that's a major problem. The changing rules that are all pro tenant are driving them away.

I've family members who are and were landlords. The parents and sister sold theirs a few years ago due to the changing regulations. The bother only has one left in Ireland (and will probably sell out when the tenants leave) and is investing in the UK instead. Main reason, it would be at worst 5 to 6 months of no rent if a tenant stopped paying.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:20 pm That is very accurate and very scary.

There is a hotel in my town that spent a fortune on converting the back area/smoking section to a beer garden.

We spent a lot of money in there from late 2020 to when pubs were back to normal, nowhere else to go under Covid rules, could only drink outside.

He's now packed full of these scamming fckers and is closed "to all but residents" (fakugees and the darkest fcking Ukranians you've ever seen).

I personally hope whe (if?) the Government get some sense that he goes tits up and loses everything. Greedy bstard.
I wouldn't be surprised that when the hotel reverts to taking local business that the locals flock back. A lot of people have short memories that way.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:43 pm We are doing contract work down in Killarney and Listowel there this week it’s like being in Africa.
My local taxi firm has all African drivers - and I was left to walk home at 3.40am the other week as they didnt want to take me a short journey home.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:51 pm Most landlords just want a steady income with steady rules. If they know what the rules are going to be for a few years and can get their rent, most are happy. It's the not getting rent for years when "tenants" won't leave and whistling your ducks to water to get back rent that's a major problem. The changing rules that are all pro tenant are driving them away.

I've family members who are and were landlords. The parents and sister sold theirs a few years ago due to the changing regulations. The bother only has one left in Ireland (and will probably sell out when the tenants leave) and is investing in the UK instead. Main reason, it would be at worst 5 to 6 months of no rent if a tenant stopped paying.
I met the owner of my house for the first time a few weeks ago - I've lived her nearly 16 years and keep the place in good order, I pay rent on time in full and have never been a second late - that is all she needs!!

Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:02 pm I met the owner of my house for the first time a few weeks ago - I've lived her nearly 16 years and keep the place in good order, I pay rent on time in full and have never been a second late - that is all she needs!!
Unfortunately you don't fit the sensationalistic headlines that some of the left and the media want. You do the decent honourable thing and pay your bills on time.

Reminds me of when I was living in the midlands for 2 years. I had an apartment rented and when the letting agents did the inspections, they commented on it being cleaner and neater when when I started. They seemed shocked that I wanted to keep it neat and clean....
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:01 pm My local taxi firm has all African drivers - and I was left to walk home at 3.40am the other week as they didnt want to take me a short journey home.
That's an unreasonable excuse to refuse to take you, complain to the NTA.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:20 pm Unfortunately you don't fit the sensationalistic headlines that some of the left and the media want. You do the decent honourable thing and pay your bills on time.

Reminds me of when I was living in the midlands for 2 years. I had an apartment rented and when the letting agents did the inspections, they commented on it being cleaner and neater when when I started. They seemed shocked that I wanted to keep it neat and clean....
I’m a disgrace to the working class I know!!

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

marhay70 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:31 pm That's an unreasonable excuse to refuse to take you, complain to the NTA.
I have - I expect the accusations of racism any day now.

marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:03 pm I have - I expect the accusations of racism any day now.
Why would they accuse you of racism? it happened or it didn't, the colour of the driver is irrelevant.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Ah geez Marhay70, you should know the way things get twisted. By the time the NTA are finished, poor PlaneSpeaking will have been accused of starting WW2

Post by 95438756 »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:53 pm I wouldn't be surprised that when the hotel reverts to taking local business that the locals flock back. A lot of people have short memories that way.
Goldfish memories.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Just listening to Radio 1 and one thing just dawned on me. It looks like those giving out about the eviction bam being lifted are those who want a free house while the rest of us are working to pay for them....
Jack The Stripper

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:42 pm Just listening to Radio 1 and one thing just dawned on me. It looks like those giving out about the eviction bam being lifted are those who want a free house while the rest of us are working to pay for them....
All the fake Ukrainians and others want free houses too along with free everything else.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:25 am The eviction ban if continued shouldn’t cover tenants who don’t pay their rent.
What landlords want now is fill their properties up with gimmigrants and fakeugees and get their monthly income guaranteed by the state.
Hotels will reap the summer tourist trade and return to take in yahoos for the coming winter, everyone is a winner unless you’re Irish.
The eviction ban never covered tenants who don't pay their rent (or those who wreak the place....a no fault eviction ban it was called)?
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:25 pm Ah geez Marhay70, you should know the way things get twisted. By the time the NTA are finished, poor PlaneSpeaking will have been accused of starting WW2
The NTA won't accuse them of racism. If they are worried about a few wokes on an internet forum then they need to grow a pair.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

marhay70 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:14 pm The NTA won't accuse them of racism. If they are worried about a few wokes on an internet forum then they need to grow a pair.
Nah, I don’t need to - these days I just have to identify that I have a pair and you all must acknowledge my magnificent bollocks!!!

marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:34 pm Nah, I don’t need to - these days I just have to identify that I have a pair and you all must acknowledge my magnificent bollocks!!!
Well done you.
Jack The Stripper

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:01 pm My local taxi firm has all African drivers - and I was left to walk home at 3.40am the other week as they didnt want to take me a short journey home.
Better get used of it, we will have to ask Permission to piss when the great replacement happens. Which is only around the corner.

Post by 95438756 »

Shooting at Jehovah witness school in Germany
BBC News - Hamburg shooting: Video appears to show person firing weapon
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64910862

Post by 95438756 »

Rabies Shots for Couple cost € 200 K from Californian Hospital.

Post by 678904673 »

gugleguy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:53 pm Rabies Shots for Couple cost € 200 K from Californian Hospital.
You'd want to be barking mad to pay that amount :D
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

gugleguy wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:02 am Oscars awards - A Nothingburger

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2023/0 ... full-list/
How can you say that????

There was the first Asian woman to win best actress!!!

/sarcasm