Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Vaccine megathread

All things COVID
PureIsle

Re: Vaccine megathread

Post by PureIsle »

Grotesque conflicts of interest on NIH ivermectin non-recommendation
A bit over the top IMO. It must be difficult to find highly qualified people who have not been part of some study or other which was, at least in part, funded by a Pharma company.

https://trialsitenews.com/grotesque-con ... mendation/

This video is linked in one of the comments on the above

https://www.bodychek.co.uk/uncategorize ... t-selfish/

At least we are hearing more people coming out about the vaccines these days ........ which makes me wonder when this will reach the point where the officials must act to stop population wide vaccinations.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Good lecture re Vitamin D and Covid
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Some very interesting numbers from trials and other studies on the effects of using Ivermectin at various stages of progress from prior to contracting the virus to development of the Covid disease.

https://ivmmeta.com/
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

I have been watching some video from the ICS summit in Italy and this guy stood out.
https://drstevenhatfill.com/

Having been falsely associated with the Antrax letters in the USA by gov leaks and media reporting he took a case against officialdom and won
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html

Anyway his background is clear and his presentation at ICS is on his site

https://drstevenhatfill.com/ics-2021-sp ... n-hatfill/

He is well worth listening to, IMO, and what he has to say could well explain a few things that appeared very odd.
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

Workers in America who are being pressured into getting vaccinated by employers have come up with a new solution.
They have a contract drawn up that states that the company will be fully liable and will take sole financial responsibity for any adverse medical effects that arise from taking a non-FDA approved vaccine, for the rest of the employee's life.

Pfizer etc cannot be sued, but an employer certainly can be.

When they ask their boss to sign on the dotted line so they can go get jabbed they have a sudden change of heart and decide that maybe this employee doesn't need to be vaccinated after all.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The US legislation was changed so that their federal safety organisation OSHA does not require reporting by employers of employee's adverse reactions to vaccines from end of May 2021. This was specifically brought in to discourage vaccine hesitancy. It is an odd regulation just on the face of it.

On the issue of employer liability I have not been able (albeit in a cursory search) to establish definitively if employers can be made liable for adverse effects to vaccines mandated by them in the US. If someone else knows, they could say. It seems possible there could be liability.
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

What is the rate of vaccine take up in the US?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This is a study done on bees in Italy in March 2021.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... via%3Dihub

The trial was conducted in Bologna on 18 March 2021, when the third wave of the Italian pandemic was at its peak and environmental conditions allowed high PM concentrations in the air. Sterile swabs were lined up at the hive entrance to sample the dusty material on the body of returning foragers. All of them resulted positive for the target genes of viral SARS-CoV-2 RNA. Likewise, internal samples were taken, but they resulted in no amplification of the target sequences.

This experiment does not support speculations about the role of honey bees or their products in SARS-CoV-2 transmission. However, it indicates a novel use of A. mellifera colonies in the environmental detection of airborne human pathogens, at least in a densely urbanized area, deserving better understanding and possible integration with data from automatic air samplers.
Uncle Frank

Post by Uncle Frank »

isha wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:52 am The US legislation was changed so that their federal safety organisation OSHA does not require reporting by employers of employee's adverse reactions to vaccines from end of May 2021. This was specifically brought in to discourage vaccine hesitancy. It is an odd regulation just on the face of it.

On the issue of employer liability I have not been able (albeit in a cursory search) to establish definitively if employers can be made liable for adverse effects to vaccines mandated by them in the US. If someone else knows, they could say. It seems possible there could be liability.
If an employer signs a contract taking responsibility for any negative reactions to the employee then yes they are liable. Bear in mind that any company's biggest fear would be leaving themselves open to a lawsuit.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I was looking a bit at Uttar Pradesh because some of the baddies were mentioning how well they are doing and how they use Ivermectin. Thought I would have a gawk myself. UP could blow up and have a massive wave, this is just a snap shot in time - but the figures in this snapshot are EXTRAORDINARY.

This article is from last week.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/l ... 66925.html
There are no active cases of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) in 33 districts of Uttar Pradesh, the state government informed on Friday. About 67 districts have not reported a single new case of the viral infection in the last 24 hours, the government said, noting the steady improvement of the Covid-19 situation in the state.
Overall, the state has a total of 199 active cases, while the positivity rate came down to less than 0.01 per cent. The recovery rate, meanwhile, has improved to 98.7 per cent. As per the state's health bulletin, Uttar Pradesh reported only 11 new Covid-19 cases and zero deaths in the last 24 hours. The fresh cases came out of 2.26 lakh samples that were tested in the last 24 hours. As of Friday, the state government has conducted 7.42 crore tests, according to the data published by Uttar Pradesh's health department.
Uttar Pradesh has a population of 241 million people (US population is 328 million. Europe population is 450 million)
It is very densely populated. 829 people per square km. (US 35 per square km. Europe 34 per square km).

It has about 9% of population fully vaccinated as of recently, about 45% first dose. They are doing a big vaccine roll out, and are the most successful state in India at vaccinating really quickly. (US has 55% fully vaccinated. EU has 70% plus fully vaccinated.)

Their test rate in UP is very good, higher than WHO recommendations - they seem to have a good test and trace system in operation.

At the moment daily positive Covid cases in UP hover around low teens to mid twenties. :shock:
This is incredible. Daily case numbers in US are around 150,000 since mid August. Daily case numbers in EU are around 60,000-100,000 per day for past couple of months.

Seasonality is about similar - in that they have a winter especially, their coldest month is January. In fact they have been in Monsoon season for a few months which I would imagine encourages indoor living.

Case numbers in UP have been reasonably low for 3 months. In Mid June they were 100+ cases daily and have gradually declined.

They had a surge in April/ May. All of India did. Some say there were a lot of migrant labourers returning to UP from other parts at that time due to lockdowns. Daily cases now of 15 or 30 are out of 240 million people and the test positivity rate at the moment is 0.01%.

Their highest surge cases were around 30,000 per day for a short time. This is out of 240 million people. (We had surge cases of 7-8000 out of 5 million).

Their death rate per million from Covid is 64 per million. This is much much lower than US/Europe.

I don't know what is happening there. They could explode like I said. But their government did introduce widespread prophylaxis and early treatment with Ivermectin. Whether this is responsible or not, and I do not know, surely someone should be looking very closely at how a huge and high density population somewhere on earth is having a handful of daily Covid cases right now.

https://indianexpress.com/article/citie ... w-7311786/
A year after the country’s first Covid-19 cluster, with 5 cases, was reported in Agra district, the Uttar Pradesh government has claimed that it was the first state to have introduced a large-scale “prophylactic and therapeutic” use of Ivermectin and added that the drug helped the state to maintain a lower fatality and positivity rate as compared to other states.

Citing the results from Agra in the month of May and June last year, following which the use of Ivermectin, a medicine to treat parasitic ailments, along with Doxycycline was introduced as a protocol across the state for both prophylactic as well as treatment purposes, the state Health Department said it would conduct a controlled study once the second wave of the pandemic subsides.

The state Health Department introduced Ivermectin as prophylaxis for close contacts of Covid patients, health workers as well as for the treatment of the patients themselves through a government order on August 6, 2020, after a committee headed by the Director General, Medical and Health Services, gave it the go ahead.
Big edit made to EU daily case numbers - I had a walk in the woods and realised the number I saw on a dashboard must be tests administered and not cases! :oops:
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Here is further news on UP and how it is doing ..... and comparison to USA.

Also I note from a comment that it is not the only state to have success.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... vermectin/
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

About that legal case being taken by Indian group against the WHO persons, here is an update to the situation

I would not be super confident that the personnel involved are strong enough for this type of battle ......
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Vaccine mandate turns violent in Melbourne.

"Police in Melbourne fired pepper balls and rubber pellets on Tuesday to disperse about 2,000 protesters who defied stay-at- home orders to damage property, block a busy freeway and injure three officers, leading to more than 60 arrests."

-Reuters
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

From 3rd of October in Israel your Green Pass (vaccine passport) is no longer valid unless you have had 3 injections.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Incidence of myopericarditis overall was approximately 10 cases for every 10,000 inoculations.
Note that would be 1000 incidences per million after vaccination.

Recent preprint study. https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 21262182v1

Usual population rate of myocarditis is 10 to 20 in 100,000 as far as I can make out via google. That would be 100 to 200 per million.
It is 3rd leading cause of death in young males.
THIRD!

This recent study assesses young males risk of myocarditis after covid at 450 per million.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 21260998v1

Tell me how this makes sense.
PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

USA vaccine adverse events to 23rd July showing yearly totals. Some very serious looking numbers there ....

PureIsle

Post by PureIsle »

Things have gone very strange in Aus ...... from the rather heavy handedness of the police to this .....

Scotty

Post by Scotty »

PureIsle wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:37 pm USA vaccine adverse events to 23rd July showing yearly totals. Some very serious looking numbers there ....
They're about as useful as a chocolate teapot. The stats are unverified reports from the general public. Not worth the paper they're written on.
Disclaimer
VAERS accepts reports of adverse events and reactions that occur following vaccination. Healthcare providers, vaccine manufacturers, and the public can submit reports to the system. While very important in monitoring vaccine safety, VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness. The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable. In large part, reports to VAERS are voluntary, which means they are subject to biases. This creates specific limitations on how the data can be used scientifically. Data from VAERS reports should always be interpreted with these limitations in mind.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Scotty wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:33 pm They're about as useful as a chocolate teapot. The stats are unverified reports from the general public. Not worth the paper they're written on.
Not true. The report system is the same as it has been for years, ie the preliminary nature of reports is thus standardised over years. It is supposed to serve as an early warning system for adverse reactions to all medical products, in all countries. In many countries reports can only be filed by medical practitioners eg to EUDRA or UK Yellow card or Scotland etc. In all countries the report levels are massively increased. Its primary function as detecting signal (albeit among unproven noise) is being ignored. This has never happened before for any medical product.

Post by 490808 »

isha wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:45 pm Not true. The report system is the same as it has been for years, ie the preliminary nature of reports is thus standardised over years. It is supposed to serve as an early warning system for adverse reactions to all medical products, in all countries. In many countries reports can only be filed by medical practitioners eg to EUDRA or UK Yellow card or Scotland etc. In all countries the report levels are massively increased. Its primary function as detecting signal (albeit among unproven noise) is being ignored. This has never happened before for any medical product.
I'd bet that most people taking pills never knew there was a reporting system until Covid came along and the media covered every angle of it.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

The Continental Op wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:13 pm I'd bet that most people taking pills never knew there was a reporting system until Covid came along and the media covered every angle of it.
It is widely known that adverse events to any medical product are under reported. Nonetheless people do report and have reported and thus we have stats going back over time, and some recalls of products. The system is not unknown unless people getting adverse events these past decades and their medical representatives are to be presumed to have been dumb lummoxes. Which I do not think they are.

Wrt to covid products it appears that people, especially in Ireland, were absolutely mad to get them into their bodies. People celebrated on social media platforms, it was quite the thing. In other developed countries the majority of people have elected to willingly take covid products. The adverse events are being reported from that celebratory and willing cohort, not from us mad ones on the other side of the line. Because we have no locus standi when it comes to reporting adverse events for something we have not taken. So, ya know.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

isha wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:45 pm Not true.
Absolutely true, sure I've taken the information from their own disclaimer, which I quoted in the post.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Scotty wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:34 pm Absolutely true, sure I've taken the information from their own disclaimer, which I quoted in the post.
I have acknowledged always the reports are preliminary - of course they are. It takes years to verify these things. The part where you say ''not worth the paper written on'' is dismissive and wrong - the adverse events reporting system s globally function as an early warning system which is a vital part of the life cycle of novel medical products. It is a very important documentation and part of science.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable.
isha wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:47 pm It is a very important documentation and part of science.
I'm not sure you could get less scientific.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Scotty wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:25 pm I'm not sure you could get less scientific.
Why do you think government bodies have almost universally established reporting systems for adverse events to medical products? It is kind of silly to keep reflexively hand waving this information.

https://www.norgine.co.uk/report-adverse-event/

Adverse events should be reported. Both health professionals and patients can submit information through the Yellow Card Scheme website in the UK or the HPRA website in the Republic of Ireland.

United Kingdom

The Yellow Card Scheme is run by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).

The scheme is used to collect information from health professionals and patients on suspected adverse drug reactions or medical device adverse incidents. The continued success of the Yellow Card Scheme depends on your willingness to report suspected adverse drug reactions and medical device adverse incidents.

Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard

Republic of Ireland

Healthcare professionals and patients can report any suspected adverse reactions via HPRA Pharmacovigilance, Earlsfort Terrace, IRL – Dublin 2;

Tel: +353 1 6764971; Fax: +353 1 6762517; Website: www.hpra.ie; Email: medsafety@hpra.ie.
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/human-regu ... e-overview
Pharmacovigilance is the science and activities relating to the detection, assessment, understanding and prevention of adverse effects or any other medicine-related problem. The European Medicines Agency (EMA) coordinates the European Union (EU) pharmacovigilance system and operates services and processes to support pharmacovigilance in the EU.

Before a medicine is authorised for use, evidence of its safety and efficacy is limited to the results from clinical trials, where patients are selected carefully and followed up very closely under controlled conditions. This means that at the time of a medicine's authorisation, it has been tested in a relatively small number of selected patients for a limited length of time.

After authorisation the medicine may be used in a large number of patients, for a long period of time and with other medicines. Certain side effects may emerge in such circumstances.

It is therefore essential that the safety of all medicines is monitored throughout their use in healthcare practice.

EU law therefore requires each marketing authorisation holder, national competent authority and EMA to operate a pharmacovigilance system. The overall EU pharmacovigilance system operates through cooperation between the EU Member States, EMA and the European Commission. In some Member States, regional centres are in place under the coordination of the national competent authority.
https://toolbox.eupati.eu/resources/eud ... 20database.
EudraVigilance is an EU web-based information system, designed to manage safety report data created by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) containing adverse reaction reports (ADRs) for medicines authorised in the EU. The ADRs are collected in a EudraVigilance database. While the Eudravigilance database is not publicly available, a website with the same data for the members of public exists: The European database of suspected adverse drug reaction reports.

The reporting of suspected ADRs in a consistent way across the European Economic Area (EEA) is very important. This helps to monitor the benefits and risks of medicines and to detect emerging safety signals. A safety signal can be defined as new information related to known ADRs or any other event, either adverse or beneficial, that is potentially causally related to the use of a medicinal product and that requires further investigation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FDA_Adver ... ing_System

https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/69797
World Health Organization. (‎2005)‎. World alliance for patient safety: WHO draft guidelines for adverse event reporting and learning systems: from information to action.