Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Tell us your Halloween stories!

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
Norman Breaks

Tell us your Halloween stories!

Post by Norman Breaks »

I'll start.
> be me.
> be 14
> Go into town with friends and without parents for the first time
> Buy bangers, rockets and air bombs.
> Take the bus home.
> Light and then throw a few bangers out the top deck of the bus.
> Feel a hand on my shoulder and look up. It's a Garda who was sitting a few rows behind me. Shows me his badge. Takes my name and confiscates all my remaining fireworks.
> Lesson learned. Be more sneaky with your fireworks next time.

Re: Tell us your Halloween stories!

Post by 765489 »

>not sure what age I was
>bought cans with friend ( an adult bought them for us and about 5 others out with shopping trolley )
>joined others in a wooded area
>drank rocket fuel
>someone threw a tire on the fire
>ended up asleep in wood
>woke up smelling of smoke and black from smoke
>got bus back every one looking at me
>walked mile home, went through fields and climbed in the bathroom window to wash myself so mother and father wouldn't find out.
>didn't work :)
Norman Breaks

Re: Tell us your Halloween stories!

Post by Norman Breaks »

Used to have long hair.
Dressed up as Jesus one year for a work do. Full on sandals, robe, leather tie around and some sort of head band thingy.
The main part was a 7 foot cross I made from 2 flattened computer boxes I got from work. I bought the biggest box of crayons I could find. Over 100 crayons. Had about 10 shades of brown and a black crayon. Spent ages drawing the grain on the cross.
Work do was in town. Tried to get a taxi, cross was too big. Tried to get a bus, cross was too big.
Walked into town. People honked. Heard someone in Rathmines running up behind me, though they were going to break the cross. Turns out they just wanted to take a photo.
Got to the ha'penny bridge. Was crazy windy AF. Raised my arms and shouted BE CALM! and the wind died down for a bit.
Got to the work party and everyone loved the costume and cross.
Within about 30 min the office joker was drunk and smashed up the cross.
Still won 100 Euro for best costume.