Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Woodwork,Timber,Diy topics

Measure twice, cut once...

Re: Woodwork,Timber,Diy topics

Post by 490808 »

If you find my DeWalt impact driver on your bench let me know I've been searching for it on and off most of the day :cry:
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Ah, I know how you find it. Are you listening carefully?

1. Curse a bit.
2. Kick something, just not the dog. I find a bag of sawdust handy enough.
3. Get a cup of tea or if you just had one, make another. It'll help lubricate your eyeballs for all the looking.
4. Curse again. Louder.
5. Stare at a bit of an offcut and come up with a genius idea for a jig.
6. Look around on Pinterest and see if you're a legend or if someone made one already.
7. Sweep the floor. Be amazed at how many useful little bits of wood and screws you find. Put them somewhere safe.
8. Look up the price of a new impact driver.
9. Check on the shelf under the bench, just in case.
10. Find a better price for a new impact driver.
11. Drink more tea, tell herself you're getting nothing done. Eat a ham sandwich. Curse quietly.
12. Check for new posts on Gubu. Spot a few heads from over there.
13. Order a new impact driver.
14. Celebrate with a digestive or a hobnob and a fresh cup of tea.
15. Give up for the night. Go to turn off the dust collector, radio and unplug the kettle.
16. Find the impact driver sitting on the table saw, under an Axminster catalogue.
17. Curse for a bit and then tell yourself "Sure it's as well to have a spare for next time, what with all the time it cost me this evening"
18. Go inside and sit on the couch, watching YouTube review of the new tool you've already bought.
19. Remember the feckin' jeep needs to be DOE'd and taxed at the end of the month.
20. Curse, quietly.

Post by 490808 »

Tried all that finally decided to pull all my toolboxes out. I have about 20 so I can split tools up and spread them around a workshop, shed and indoors. Indoors I keep all the expensive tools and power tools. Finally found it. It has slipped down behind a stack of 4 DeWalt toolboxes I have under my "office desk" :oops:
kadman
Verified Username

Post by kadman »

You forgot
21. Make sure the missus does not find this least or she will know you been skiving off on GUBU woodwork forum :mrgreen:

Post by 490808 »

Missus has already commented on the number of drills I have and my need for them all :roll: