Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Favourite Youtube clips!

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
quodec

Favourite Youtube clips!

Post by quodec »

I have loads but here's one to get you going! Hold on to your hats!

isha
Verified Username

Re: Favourite Youtube clips!

Post by isha »

Seriously why would ya even bother wearing a hard hat! 😟

Anyway THIS is one of the best clips on youtube 🙂

https://youtube.com/shorts/VCKg_tbYjgs?feature=share

Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
quodec

Post by quodec »

I am just awestruck by these guys! Absolutely no fear in them whatsoever - beyond brave!

quodec

Post by quodec »

I've only just discovered this amazing geological phenomenon, which lies c300km east of Perth in Western Australia. Its called the 'Wave Rock' and is 45 metres high and over 100 metres long. It's amazing what's out there!!

quodec

Post by quodec »

My new favourite, yet I still can't help but think there was some kind of set up here.

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Unreal but given the way their Presidents have behaved in recent times....also it does look like a set-up as both Will and the wife were laughing at the joke. Sad stuff all the same.
'no more blah blah blah'
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Fair play to him.

Rock got a slap. He deserved it.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

My impression from looking at a few clips is that Mr Smith does not seem well.
The joke was benign enough - in fact, at the moment when the camera went to the Smiths my assessment was that not only was Mr Smith laughing, but Mrs Smith looked fantastic. She should have just coquettishly cupped the sides of her face and blinked like, yeah, I know, I'm faaaaahhhbulous. Really, she looks amazing.
But not only did Mr Smith strike out, he also reinforced with tough talk and cursing when he had already exploded and had time to walk it off, AND, worst of all, rounded it all up with a public show of pussing and blubbering and talking about the devil. For goodness sake, that is not a well person.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

isha wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:17 am The joke was benign enough - in fact, at the moment when the camera went to the Smiths my assessment was that not only was Mr Smith laughing, but Mrs Smith looked fantastic.
Mr's Smith is the one in the green dress in the clip below, not the one sitting behind Will Smith. She certainly wasn't impressed.

The joke was about a hair style of a woman who suffers from alopecia. Certainly not benign in my opinion. But also, Smiths response was absolutely unacceptable. Though I'm not convinced this wasn't staged. Rocks reaction to getting slapped live in front of millions of people is just completely unnatural to me and looks very much like he knew what was going on.

EDIT: Having watched it again a few times, I'm 100% convinced this was staged. Did he even connect with the slap?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I do not believe it was staged. Though goodness knows half the internet is consumed with seeing crisis actors everywhere. Why would something that makes Smith look like such a thundering moron be set up? Doesn't make sense.

I know Jada was in the green dress. I think she looked fantastic. She could have brushed off any stupid remark.

Overall though, I don't get this trend for years of stupid roasting being considered funny. I find it cringey. It's like a load of lame wedding speeches rolled into one. Even Ricky Gervais, who is at least funny, is still cringey at that schtick.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Yea I don't know what the motive behind it could be. I know the Smiths marriage has come in for a lot of scrutiny lately so maybe it was some kind of message about that. Or maybe a warning to other hosts that sometimes the performers will bite back. I don't know.

It's just the actual slap and Rocks response that looks really really staged to me. Smith never for a second behaved as if Rock might strike back. Rock didn't miss a beat with carrying on with the show, didn't even look like he'd been slapped.

Either way, Smiths reputation has taken a serious nose dive in my opinion and the incident should certainly not go unpunished.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Well ... I seem to be in the blissfully ignorant minority on the subject above, knowing only that some bloke I don't know supposedly hit some other bloke whose name is vaguely familiar, at some event I wasn't invited to and don't care about so ... huh? :?:

Meanwhile, back in the real world:

This is stretching the "favourite" designation a bit, but it was quite refreshing for this "influencer" to take a break from the over-the-top exotic and boozy "lifestyle" content of late, and return to the gritty, grubby work that characterised her channel's early days - and which match my day-to-day lifestyle. Including the ominous orange sky and thick coating of sand on all my vehicles, and - of course - machines refusing to start on the day you need them! :x
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

This is a funny clip.

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

A friend sent me a link to this video in 2020 - just got to watch it - great stuff!

'no more blah blah blah'
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:23 pm A friend sent me a link to this video in 2020 - just got to watch it - great stuff!
:lol: I do have days (weeks?) like that ...
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

isha wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:05 am I do not believe it was staged. Though goodness knows half the internet is consumed with seeing crisis actors everywhere. Why would something that makes Smith look like such a thundering moron be set up? Doesn't make sense.
I see tickets for Rocks current tour have gone from $46 to $400.

The first pic, hands behind back, face tensed, looks to me like someone who is fully aware and prepared they're about to be slapped.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:31 pm I see tickets for Rocks current tour have gone from $46 to $400.

The first pic, hands behind back, face tensed, looks to me like someone who is fully aware and prepared they're about to be slapped.
Of course, you could be correct. But I really don't get it. Will Smith has been widely condemned for the slap, including condemnation from his peers. He has gone from being considered one of the more exemplary citizens of Hollywood, a kind of royalty figure, (albeit in loodelah ville, but still, he was respected), to being the brawling doofus who could not keep it together at a comedy roast, and who brought the Oscars into disrepute. I seriously doubt it was planned.
quodec

Post by quodec »

I know, I know, everyone is saying it happened - BUT those photos of the incident just look so staged! I'd like to see a slo-mo video from the above angle to see was there much contact, if any.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

isha wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:40 pm Of course, you could be correct. But I really don't get it. Will Smith has been widely condemned for the slap, including condemnation from his peers. He has gone from being considered one of the more exemplary citizens of Hollywood, a kind of royalty figure, (albeit in loodelah ville, but still, he was respected), to being the brawling doofus who could not keep it together at a comedy roast, and who brought the Oscars into disrepute. I seriously doubt it was planned.
It's just when I look at the actual slap and Rocks reaction, it just looks staged to me. Smith shouting looks genuine (but he was there to accept an award for acting).

Another thing... I've seen it described loads of times that Smith 'snapped' or had 'a meltdown'. The way he strolled up to Rock is certainly not someone who has snapped or is having a meltdown. He was quite the opposite in fact, which again, makes it look premeditated IMO.

Jim Carrey was certainly not impressed.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Definitely not a planned gimmick. Smith has resigned from the Academy and there may be further sanctions, including probably loss of his Oscar.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Banned for 10 years and criminal charges pending. He couldn't have handled it worse.
Scotty

Post by Scotty »

Anyway... back to favourite clips...

quodec

Post by quodec »

Not suitable for viewing - if you're afraid of heights!!!!!!!!!

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

🤢🥴🤮 terrifying
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

:D My favourite kind of hillwalk! With SonNo.1 a few years ago, I did a similar"ridge" to that second one a bit further along the Alps. The weather was pretty grotty, though, and I decided it was more sensible to concentrate on my footwork rather than taking pictures for posterity.