Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Hall of Fame

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
DeletedUser

Boards Hall of Fame

Post by DeletedUser »

I’m starting a scheme - like the OBEs or Oscars as it were - that recognize GUBU posters still active in the Bad Place who hold on to normality through great pressure.

I nominate the first award to ….. The Dunne!!

After he went up against LLMMLL - imagine Joeytheparrot losing his last brain cell - and demonstrated class, quality posting and stuck to science and rationale above their lunacy!!

Well done sir!!

Feel free to add if you’ve any others!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane

Re: Boards Hall of Fame

Post by 95438756 »

I nominate myself, I am "xieann" over on boards.
I don't even need to give a long speech.
I won't even hit anyone else on stage even if they joke about me or slag me.
Thank you thank you thank you
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Manic Moran is able to shut these wokes up like no one else. He doesn’t even mention them, call them nasty names, never seems to get drawn into their bullshit. Despite the constant abuse he gets he usually just eviscerates their arguments, often they won’t even bother responding but choose to just ignore what he said.

The pushback against leftism thread displays the worst kinds of people there at least in my humble opinion. The kinds of people that aren’t conducive to pleasant discussion but rather castigating people with cries of ‘shut up -phobe/-ist’. Twisting your words to try make out you said something you didn’t, obscuring instead of clarifying situations. Intellectually dishonest sealions. I’ve never seen so many congregate in one thread, apart from the trump ones of course.

Post by 765489 »

Hats off to the people who continue to go against the grain in some of the planks threads. I could not be arsed dealing with most of the posters on there as they have opinions that are largely irrelevant to me.
032e8-hivemind.jpg

Post by 765489 »

Boards.ie should have a warning before any new user enters the site. I suggest the below for clarity.
20220626_144125.jpg

Post by 95438756 »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:41 pm Boards.ie should have a warning before any new user enters the site. I suggest the below for clarity.

20220626_144125.jpg
Okay.

There should be an audio verbal announcement in a child's voice like on the Ray D'Arcy radio show
Frank

Post by Frank »

Forget boards.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Frank wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:41 pmForget boards.
I forgot the moment you were crowned queen, sorry.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I don't know who is there anymore, but I liked Ceadaoin and I also thought suicide circus was smart and sharp.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Frank

Post by Frank »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:43 pm I forgot the moment you were crowned queen, sorry.
There's not near enough sniping here to make it intertaining, so I like this.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Frank wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:26 pm There's not near enough sniping here to make it intertaining, so I like this.
I am to please sir!!!!

Post by 95438756 »

Wopsadaisydoodles is sadly missed. Boards legend too. A godmother of boards if I say

Post by 95438756 »

Face Kicker

Pig Head

And never forget these "inmates" of boards Prison with long threads in protracted discussion. Some of them did go out in a blaze of glory but probably re regged anyway. A common alabi for such a rereg was to claim they were living in shared accomodation and that another house share was the troll or snark
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

There were some very funny posters there.

JohnnyFlash (RIP) always gave me a good laugh.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

gugleguy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:41 pm Face Kicker

Pig Head

And never forget these "inmates" of boards Prison with long threads in protracted discussion. Some of them did go out in a blaze of glory but probably re regged anyway. A common alabi for such a rereg was to claim they were living in shared accomodation and that another house share was the troll or snark
I never had a problem with anyone reregging as the reasons for bans were largely arbitrary and generally fecking stupid and at Dame Beasty’s whims.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Biggins wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:46 pm There were some very funny posters there.

JohnnyFlash (RIP) always gave me a good laugh.
Johnny Flash is the one who told endless versions of how he had gotten rid of the oul weapon of a wife and was worn to a nub now ridin' young wans who were never tired of throwing themselves at him, right?

He was amusing by times, I suppose. 😅
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

isha wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:37 am Johnny Flash is the one who told endless versions of how he had gotten rid of the oul weapon of a wife and was worn to a nub now ridin' young wans who were never tired of throwing themselves at him, right?

He was amusing by times, I suppose. 😅
Nah, he was an obnoxious troll. Didn't he start the appalling "What's the etiquette" thread much beloved by Boardsies and which speaks volumes about the mental age of many posters there? I was right: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205797 ... te-here/p1
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Del.Monte wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:08 pm Nah, he was an obnoxious troll. Didn't he start the appalling "What's the etiquette" thread much beloved by Boardsies and which speaks volumes about the mental age of many posters there? I was right: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205797 ... te-here/p1
😅 That thread was just the same scatalogical joke repeated ad infinitum. Don't know how people didn't get mind bogglingly bored of it after a very short time. And I say that as someone who sometimes laughs a lot at scatalogical humour. It can be a funny subject matter, after all.

But I still think he also told constant tales of his sexual conquests. Could almost smell the stale booze and the Brylcreem through the screen. Or maybe that was another geezer.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

That was him - all talk and no trousers...
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 95438756 »

Micky Dolenz

Posted about life "Inside"
Not biased. Haven't seen him lately there.

CiDeRman

Gaming and retro again not biased.

Post by 95438756 »

Nearly forgot

Old Hippy

Very contrarian in forums about personal security.
Ended up banned permanently
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

There's loads of posters over there who I would place in my Boards Hall of Fame and it's not necessarily for their world view but how they engage with others. I don't like the sarcastic mean type of responses.

I've never interacted with him but as previously mentioned I like the dunne's posts. There's a few here as well who made their way from yonder that I admire as posters and feel I would get along great with in 'real life'.

I remember someone from the Television and Radio forums I used to like, Peter The Ninth I think was his name. Another lad, names escape me...he was a rereg of a prolific poster from back in the day... might have been a mod.. anyways I liked his posts too. Actually I think his last incarnation was active enough on the Covid threads.

Who else. Peregrinus seems a very intelligent and articulate person. Seamus too. Arghus. I get a laugh from pussyhands and the Emmets. It's all subjective of course.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

Old Hippy. I don't remember that person. Would they have have been around pre 2015? Although I was a lurker for a few years before I joined.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Ah yes HamSandwich - the scumbag's scumbag. Would defend Mengele by saying it's his mother's fault for not buying him a chemistry set and toy stethoscope.

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Celchick wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:41 am It's plainly trolling, which I thought was forbidden on Boards. Only sometimes, it appears.
Classic "It's not what you know, it's who you know".