Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Hall of Fame

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
isha
Verified Username

Re: Boards Hall of Fame

Post by isha »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:11 am I just had a thought! What if one of our positive entries (of course 😁) was Guburnor!! 😄
My thought was completely the opposite- what if he is one of the ones whose arse I long to kick :mrgreen:
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Anyway, my arse kicking is always grounded in affection and likely to be a mutual desire.

Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

I see the Gemma o Doherty thread is active again, surely it should go down in the hall of fame, that thread.

Full of people who seem incessant on picking on and bullying what they would describe as an unwell woman. The thread is full of bullies and some of the most horrible people you’ll ever meet, populated by mods who use it as a playground. The previous iteration had a mod warning calling Stephen a racist for a tongue in cheek comment, and a comment to the effect ‘stop reporting this post, stephen has admitted he is a racist”. They wail all day about ‘oh when will we get rid of this Gemma’ while constantly promoting her. I never heard of her before boards, but by god do the worst people over there hate her.

Whenever the mods there say ‘they are just acting on reports’ just know they are full of shit and just indulging their bias.
Last edited by knownunknown on Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by 95438756 »

This thread is becoming like one of my first threads I started on boards in 2009. I forget what I called it, but something along the lines of 'what makes posters here tick'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

You could try another thread - ''What makes posters here thick''...I could start with my nearly having a heart attack just 5 minutes ago because of a bill for 884 euros from fake Eir scammers. That brief moment of wondering ''oh feck what did I do'' makes me thick! :(
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

knownunknown wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:57 pm I see the Gemma o Doherty thread is active again, surely it should go down in the hall of fame, that thread.

Full of people who seem incessant on picking on and bullying what they would describe as an unwell woman. The thread is full of bullies and some of the most horrible people you’ll ever meet, populated by mods who use it as a playground. The previous iteration had a mod warning calling Stephen a racist for a tongue in cheek comment, and a comment to the effect ‘stop reporting this post, stephen has admitted he is a racist”. They wail all day about ‘oh when will we get rid of this Gemma’ while constantly promoting her. I never heard of her before boards, but by god do the worst people over there hate her.

Whenever the mods there say ‘they are just acting on reports’ just know they are full of shit and just indulging their bias.
I can't comment on the thread because I haven't read it but I think people like Gemma can be dangerous agitators. I don't know if she is mentally unwell and while it was something I used to think, I now realise that maybe we attribute mental illness to certain people because their world view seems so bizarre. We can do it to horrific acts as well. Such a person murdered their family so they mustn't be the full shilling, but what if they are.

Post by 765489 »

Bouncy Bunker Bunny was a great poster. His like will never be seen again. So controversial he had to be manually deleted via the command line and all backup tapes shredded and replaced.

You will rise again soon my furry friend.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Never heard of him. But is your avatar a hint? 🤔
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:42 pm I can't comment on the thread because I haven't read it but I think people like Gemma can be dangerous agitators. I don't know if she is mentally unwell and while it was something I used to think, I now realise that maybe we attribute mental illness to certain people because their world view seems so bizarre. We can do it to horrific acts as well. Such a person murdered their family so they mustn't be the full shilling, but what if they are.
Indeed our very own Alex Jones, not the full shilling but right about somethings. Her history was discussed at great length in the very long first iteration of that thread. Her husband had died and people were making fun of her for so many reasons. I can understand being against her politics and the positions she takes, she has some absurd positions, but the nastiness behind most of the comments should come with a parental guidance warning. If the nastiness had been displayed towards some else, let’s say Joe Biden, it comes with an automatic ban with a threat of a site ban. Yet it’s perfectly acceptable to display such sheer nastiness to a former journalist who most would agree is no longer the full shilling. It’s disgusting and hypocritical, the same joey types were all over her.

She was actually a renowned journalist at one time, going up against the cases no one else would. Perhaps she has gone down a bad rabbit hole, but creating a thread about her and pinning every far right conspiracy theory on her in such a nasty and cruel way really show the true colours of those in charge over there.

Honestly I think you could open up just about any random page and see the horrible names she gets called. It’s like a thread for teenagers gossiping about who they hate.

Even the thread title is “ Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well” apparently that has been a current affair for years now.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

That's right I knew her husband had died. Perhaps a more broader discussion on the impact such an extreme person has has would be better than one so personal. There are some weird inconsistencies with what threads remain and what get closed. I recall one that discussed Amber Heard in the context of her Borderline Personality disorder and a wider look at BPD. It was closed, deemed irrelevant or something, unfair to Amber. My guess is a few reported it as the subject matter cut close to the bone. And of course that's a reason to shut down discussion.

Post by 765489 »

isha wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:57 pm Never heard of him. But is your avatar a hint? 🤔
Nope I just made it all up as I was bored. 😜
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Ncdjd2 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:31 pm Nope I just made it all up as I was bored. 😜
I’m starting to think you have a thing for bunnies :lol:

Post by 765489 »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:32 am I’m starting to think you have a thing for bunnies :lol:
I might have but not in the way you think 😀
S02E06-NsJ3HvlM-subtitled.jpg
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Celchick wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:46 pm Pretty sure LL is a man all right.

I think Boggles has become more reasonable. Ditto PJohnson.

Seamus - a good writer but can be insufferably condescending. Gets away with trollish behaviour because of who he is. One of the most frustrating Boardsisms.
Makes sense LL is a man - I got a female vibe for some reason.

I have excellent gaydar but perhaps my transrightsknobhead-dar is on the fritz ???

Spot on re Seamus - not sure about Boggles, still troll like from my perspective.

Not gonna slag endoftheroad as there is some sort of medical deficiency going on there for sure.

Overheal - can link a pissed priest falling over in Kilkenny to some sort of US news story!!!!
Last edited by DeletedUser on Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

I'd feel a bit...I dunno... weird...if I was here under a different name and saw my current or previous names mentioned in a negative light 😬
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:58 pm I'd feel a bit...I dunno... weird...if I was here under a different name and saw my current or previous names mentioned in a negative light 😬
Ah you're grand - and tbh the boardies here are either sound or complete plums, and you're in the former and the latter don't matter!!!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

As I read I'm eating my fourth plum of the day, my favourite fruit 👀
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Oh ya but what about the others? Like let's say Gubu became sort of inhospitable because people were seeing their usernames mentioned 🤔

Post by 95438756 »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:34 pm Oh ya but what about the others? Like let's say Gubu became sort of inhospitable because people were seeing their usernames mentioned 🤔
inhospitable cos ye cant just go up to whoever mentioned it and give them a slap.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:34 pm Oh ya but what about the others? Like let's say Gubu became sort of inhospitable because people were seeing their usernames mentioned 🤔
It's true. It's a danger. I agree with you. I think people should be let recreate themselves in peace.

One of the reasons I will never return yonder is that I was called names publicly by posters there, and often by very well established "elite" type posters.

And then this name calling and really ugly accusations about beliefs and moral character was defended by moderators in resolution forums (struggle sessions) where I was always destined to lose. This happened over many different incarnations. My right to have opinions (which are not hateful) was often completely trounced.

Even though it is an avatar name and one is supposed to be anonymous, the act of being repeatedly called on a screen on a public national forum a bigot, fascist, transphobic, homophobic, a bully, ignorant, a conspiracy theorist, a lunatic, a deranged person, a fool, and so on, is very hurtful and bewildering. Because it doesn't match the reality. Never in my life have I been called things like I was publicly called there, they are not me. I used to get pains in my stomach from some of the abuse.

But I got repeated suspensions and bans for refusing to allow such names or abuse to be attached to me. I suppose I can feel a bit mean and sore about it and thus express occasional antagonism, but it is probably best worth dropping it completely from my memory. It was idiotic of me ever to attempt debate there.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:04 pm It's true. It's a danger. I agree with you. I think people should be let recreate themselves in peace.

One of the reasons I will never return yonder is that I was called names publicly by posters there, and often by very well established "elite" type posters.

And then this name calling and really ugly accusations about beliefs and moral character was defended by moderators in resolution forums (struggle sessions) where I was always destined to lose. This happened over many different incarnations. My right to have opinions (which are not hateful) was often completely trounced.

Even though it is an avatar name and one is supposed to be anonymous, the act of being repeatedly called on a screen on a public national forum a bigot, fascist, transphobic, homophobic, a bully, ignorant, a conspiracy theorist, a lunatic, a deranged person, a fool, and so on, is very hurtful and bewildering. Because it doesn't match the reality. Never in my life have I been called things like I was publicly called there, they are not me. I used to get pains in my stomach from some of the abuse.

But I got repeated suspensions and bans for refusing to allow such names or abuse to be attached to me. I suppose I can feel a bit mean and sore about it and thus express occasional antagonism, but it is probably best worth dropping it completely from my memory. It was idiotic of me ever to attempt debate there.
Nail on the head here my experience exactly to a tee.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Broods.ie - a henhouse full of worn out layers and odd yokes that like to cuck.

Someone should do them a favour and let a fox in for the night. Put them out of their misery.

Post by 95438756 »

sheebeen.ie - full of angry disillusioned folk who regale seeing all the poo happen as they themselves looked on from the cool vantage point.

Post by 765489 »

Was in going through a couple of the forums today. All I could think of is argumentative people banging away at their keyboards and shouting at their screens. Every time I browse through it I come away feeling how pathetic people can be. I'm sure there are alot of boards members feeling the same but either don't know about gubu or have read negative reviews by the ignoramuses on there who want them to stay to listen to their ludicrous horseshite opinions.