Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Annoyances & Irritations

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
DeletedUser

Re: Annoyances & Irritations

Post by DeletedUser »

Some absolute bellend on Twitter saying "I cant believe people aren't talking about George from Famous Five being a trans boy!"

Because, tiny tiny brain...

1 - She wasnt real - Enid Blyton made her up.
2. She was a tomboy - a perfectly normal tomboy who gave zero f**ks for gender stereotypes and that nonsense.
3. Feck off.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Being made to feel like you aren’t important by a friend the second they get a partner.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:39 pm Some absolute bellend on Twitter saying "I cant believe people aren't talking about George from Famous Five being a trans boy!"

2. She was a tomboy - a perfectly normal tomboy who gave zero f**ks for gender stereotypes and that nonsense.
3. Feck off.
Michele Gallagher who played her in the Southern TV series 1978-1979 passed away in mid-2000s.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:39 pm Some absolute bellend on Twitter saying "I cant believe people aren't talking about George from Famous Five being a trans boy!"

3. Feck off.
#TimmytheFurry
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 765489 »

I used to love watching the famous five. Fckin clowns its got nothin to do with trannies, it was a children's program.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Inaccurate courier delivery forecasts.

I'm waiting on a package from FedEx that's supposed to arrive today before 18:00. There's no sign of it and according to the tracking, it's still in France.

Can they just be realistic (or simply update it)
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:07 pm Inaccurate courier delivery forecasts.

I'm waiting on a package from FedEx that's supposed to arrive today before 18:00. There's no sign of it and according to the tracking, it's still in France.

I regularly find this with parcels coming through the Royal Mail (N.I.) sent with tracking - they simple disappear off the radar once handed in at the post office and tracking is not available.
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 765489 »

Mother to daughter "Look at all cows, all the moo moos"
Daughter "Mammy they are horses not cows"
Mother "Ooh, there might be moo moos In there too."

Daughter correct. Maybe the mother has bad eye sight, god love her. Wasn't a irritation just couldn't find anywhere else to dump this :mrgreen:
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Oh the new boss at work.....

The gaffer has a new boss and they want to meet the entire team. That's fair enough, but then announce it as a team building session where we have to guess people's baby photos, old holiday photos etc is just crap enforced merryment. Asking 40 grown adult scientists (who are generally quite introverted) to partake in silly party games is simply annoying.

I'm trying to schedule work involving external teams for that day to get out of it.....
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:07 pm Inaccurate courier delivery forecasts.

Well, it arrived two days late.....

It took longer to deliver the photobook than to print it!
Breezin
Verified Username

Post by Breezin »

Leaf blowers

Post by 765489 »

Breezin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:56 pmLeaf blowers
Must be one of the most pointless pieces of garden equipment ever invented.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I find them leaf blowers handy......

Post by 765489 »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:50 am I find them leaf blowers handy......
Leaf Blowers versus Leaf Scrunchers.

Walking along a path Autumn, trying to look to everyone else that your not getting enjoyment out of the sound of that scrunch under your shoe, hoping that the person in front misses the big curled up Sycamore leaf you can see in the distance. The utter disappointment that the person in front noticed it and scrunched it instead. Panic sets in where you try to overtake the other scruncher. You get ahead but the experience is ruined as the other person tries to speed up making you walk faster making the scrunching short lived and cannot now be enjoyed fully. You walk across to the other side of the road but the leaves are small leaves with no scrunch potential. Another day perhaps but will there be any leaves left by then ? Will I get to try it again before the big leaf blowers offensive ?

I better go lay down for a while now.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

The 300kb file size limit here. Can’t directly attach pictures from the phone. Have to transfer them, resize them and upload from the laptop.

Sorry @guburnor - NOW will you take our money? 😁
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

A leaf blower is a mighty tool to have when you’re trying to light some damp charcoal, or get a burn pile/bonfire really revved up.

Dead handy when you want to blow grass cuttings off the drive and footpaths, or get the leaves TF out of the way before the drains are all blocked etc.

Annoying as hell, unless you’re the person using it at the time. In which case they’re brilliant bits of gear.

Now as for petrol strimmers in residential neighbourhoods…. Arrrrgggghhh!
Breezin
Verified Username

Post by Breezin »

People sitting parked for protracted periods in cars and vans with the engine running.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Breezin wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:42 pm People sitting parked for protracted periods in cars and vans with the engine running.
It's so ignorant. People with filthy exhausts are ignorant too. I don't want your crap in my lungs, morons!
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

A most unpopular annoyance I realise but the warm weather and also bbqs. I have a family thing at the weekend and it will be a BBQ. If I had magic powers I would turn the temperature to winter, set the table, light some candles, get the fire and wine going, big stew for the dinner.

Alas I have no such powers so it will be sweat boxing while helping myself to food and being conscious not to take too much, flies buzzing, face burning, thighs sticking...will have to get my positivity hat I think.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

An enormous sunhat or a parasol, maybe Diamonds?
I love warm weather but was sitting INSIDE at one point yesterday in a vest and shorts, and sweat was actually dribbling down in trickles all over me and I was a bit WTF... this is a bit much 😅
Don't get too much sun anyway.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Jeez yesterday I was walking around outside thinking "ah, this is comfortable". I must be very cold blooded.....
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:42 pm Jeez yesterday I was walking around outside thinking "ah, this is comfortable". I must be very cold blooded.....
You probably have a sea breeze not too far off?
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Arrah I'm only complaining. A few proseccos and I won't know what temperature it is :D

Post by 765489 »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:06 pm Arrah I'm only complaining. A few proseccos and I won't know what temperature it is :D
A walkin cold store, only 5 grand on donedeal D.

https://www.donedeal.ie/otherfarmmachin ... s/30922607
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

The answer to all my heat woes Nc :D The only thing about it is I wouldn't be able to leave which may be the idea as it is rather serial killer like :shock:
:lol: