Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Gender Theory Thread

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Re: Gender Theory Thread

Post by isha »

Dr Hilary Cass from her review of the UK Gender Identity Services for Children and Young People
Brain maturation may be temporarily or permanently disrupted by puberty blockers, which could have significant impact on the ability to make complex risk-laden decisions, as well as possible longer-term neuropsychological consequences.
https://cass.independent-review.uk/wp-c ... y-2022.pdf
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

https://www.englandrugby.com/news/artic ... ion-policy
The review and consultation concluded that detailed peer reviewed research provides evidence that there are physical differences between those people whose sex originally recorded as male and those as female at birth, and advantages in strength, stamina and physique brought about by testosterone and male puberty are significant and retained even after testosterone suppression.

This science provides the basis of the new gender participation policy that concludes the inclusion of trans people originally recorded male at birth in female contact rugby cannot be balanced against considerations of safety and fairness.

The RFU Council has determined that until such time as new further peer-reviewed science is available, a precautionary approach is appropriate to ensure fair competition and safety of all competitors. Therefore, the RFU Council approved a policy change to only permit players in the female category if the sex originally recorded at birth is female.
Rugby union has voted to segregate according to sex. The voting numbers were a little close for comfort - 33 in favour, 26 against and 2 abstaining - but I'm happy with the ultimate results. 🥳🥳🥳
nlgbbbblth

Post by nlgbbbblth »

Interesting developments at ATN in Waterford

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-n ... y-27620514

That absolute dose Emer getting rightfully criticised for this tweet
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Twitter is an utter cesspool and I am reinforced in that view on the rare occasions that I look in on it. I'm one of those users that Elon Musk was concerned about - signed up several years ago and posted once.
'no more blah blah blah'
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Ireland silencing women - we have never done that before eh ?? 🙄🙄🙄
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This is an excellent point that Blaire makes. All the stars who make an attention seeking display and all the fools that drool and cheer about their (often whimsical)transness, are responsible for the down-the-food-chain manifestations of the ideas they promote, where vulnerable people with a lot less wealth and clout than them will inevitably afford lesser standards of medical care or therapy, and in this case may have their breasts or penises chopped off, or their uteruses/uteri or gonads removed, or their puberty blocked at tanner stage 1 or 2 where they will be left with juvenile genitalia and almost all of them incapable of proper sexual function or pleasure.
Yeah, stars and actors etc, I'm looking at you, you dicks and dickettes.

isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Na Gaeil Eireacha won the final. The player in the image below scored 15 of the winning teams points. Na Gaeil Eireacha would have won anyway as they did well. This is a Ladies Gaelic Football Association match. Na Gaeil Eireacha do have a men's team which would allow everyone to play Gaelic football..

Anyway I can't seem to attach files. Check out the pictures in the tweet.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

20220805_062651_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
20220805_062651_Easy-Resize.com.jpg (234.87 KiB) Viewed 5793 times
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

It's a player on the team.

I don't mind if that player is a trans woman. It's their own business and doesn't affect me. It may be what they need to feel happy in life. They may have terrible gender dysphoria. Fine. Get on with it.

But the biological makeup remains male. They could enjoy their sport playing on the male team. No exclusion. Anyway the team have locked down all their social media. I don't think it's fair on the girls. Even if every single one of the girls think it's just fine, they cannot make decisions for every female player of GAA going forward, that they will sometimes have to face male bodies. It's a very intense contact sport.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

He's clearly a male and shouldn't be allowed near a women's team. What changing facilities are available?
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:30 am He's clearly a male and shouldn't be allowed near a women's team. What changing facilities are available?
It's an exclusively LGBTQ+ GAA club.

They say they don't ask people about their gender or sexuality. I don't know why anyone would ever be bothered to ask in any situation about other people's sexuality. What has it to do with anything???

But a person's sex (not their gender identity) is wholly relevant when it comes to sports. Na Gaeil Aeracha.

I presume the trans woman uses the female facilities. I actually presume all the females present are happy with that as they are specifically on the LGBTQ+ team themselves and so being happy with that would be expected.

Although I also have to say many lesbians I read/know are very unhappy with the forced teaming.

I mean this trans woman should be welcomed to play on the male team. They are obviously a good athlete and want to play. But it is not fair to be on the female team.

And even if every single female in junior or senior GAA is absolutely delighted to have trans women play against women they have no right to condemn all or any future female players to have to contend with male bodies on the pitch. If it's allowed then the number of trans women playing on a team would conceivably be any amount. Any future accident or injury is partially their fault for cheering. There is no way even a girl of similar size could match the trans woman's native strength. Even early adolescent boys are stronger than their mothers.

Anyway. It's bizarre.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Can males identify as women and then change their minds? Sounds like a great way to check out the opposite sex - better than Tinder. Asking for a friend.
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

One possibility I thought of is maybe the player is a trans man and the hair loss is due to use of testosterone?

Of course if that is the case then being female they should play on ladies GAA teams.

As long as the testosterone is measured I suppose, because if other females were taking testosterone it might be considered a performance enhancement? I actually don't know if there are rules about that in GAA or if it's considered an enhancer.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:49 am Can males identify as women and then change their minds? Sounds like a great way to check out the opposite sex - better than Tinder. Asking for a friend.
In Germany there is draft legislation about to be enacted whereby you legally change your sex and first name by a simple visit to a registry office. There will be a blocking period of one year where you can't change back but in effect it means a person will be able to change legal sex once per annum.

https://www.bmfsfj.de/bmfsfj/themen/gle ... etz-199332
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:51 am As long as the testosterone is measured I suppose, because if other females were taking testosterone it might be considered a performance enhancement? I actually don't know if there are rules about that in GAA or if it's considered an enhancer.
It’s even more complicated then that not all women have the same sensitivity in the receptors to androgens so just taking a level of testosterone is pretty meaningless. Some women also have hyperandrogenism where they produce androgens at an abnormal rate, the rule for Caster Semenya and Dutee Chand that made them lower their naturally high levels of testosterone were rescinded. Apparently the rate in elite women’s sports is 140x the rate of the general population for women with this condition.

This of course is a far cry from elite sports and the safety of the girls should come first especially in contact sport, biology trumps gender identity.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:57 am In Germany there is draft legislation about to be enacted whereby you legally change your sex and first name by a simple visit to a registry office. There will be a blocking period of one year where you can't change back but in effect it means a person will be able to change legal sex once per annum.

https://www.bmfsfj.de/bmfsfj/themen/gle ... etz-199332
Well that's going to be very straightforward and not abused in any way at all.

/sarcasm
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

isha wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:49 am 20220805_062651_Easy-Resize.com.jpg
Not to be too Captain Obvious but THAT IS A MAN!!!!!

Have the balls (no pun intended) to play on the team you SHOULD be playing on - GAA is a contact sport and HE has no place on it.

I' m a woman - in the last week I've killed two spiders, cleaned the dog's poo up twice daily, done some weeding and put together a bookcase from Argos.

I don't go "I feel so manly this week I'm going to call myself Clive, identify as a transman, use the lads jacks and make you use my pronouns of he/him with pain of cancellation if you don't).

It's utter bollocks!!!!

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

All this gender identity/sex change stuff - to me - is a case of tail wagging the dog. Why all the pandering to this very tiny minority and where does it all end?
'no more blah blah blah'
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:07 am Not to be too Captain Obvious but THAT IS A MAN!!!!!

Have the balls (no pun intended) to play on the team you SHOULD be playing on - GAA is a contact sport and HE has no place on it.

I' m a woman - in the last week I've killed two spiders, cleaned the dog's poo up twice daily, done some weeding and put together a bookcase from Argos.

I don't go "I feel so manly this week I'm going to call myself Clive, identify as a transman, use the lads jacks and make you use my pronouns of he/him with pain of cancellation if you don't).

It's utter bollocks!!!!

I know this seems a weird question, but is it possible that it's a trans man with male pattern baldness due to hormones treatment? I just have a small amount of wondering about that, because otherwise it seems so silly that this person would be so brazen. Another thing, as far as I know, this is a JUNIOR league. If you look at the picture of Ballyboden team in the Tweet, even though they are a bit glammed up and it can make them look older, those look like girls of about 15 - 17 to me. The trans woman (or trans man if that's what they are) looks much older, maybe 30s? Or 40s?
Last edited by isha on Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Del.Monte wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:07 am All this gender identity/sex change stuff - to me - is a case of tail wagging the dog. Why all the pandering to this very tiny minority and where does it all end?
This very tiny minority has the backing of the largest corporations in the world as well as most western governments, not to mention NGOs, the entire entertainment industry and educational institutions. It ends when they stop trying to push their version of the world down people’s throats. Comedians are being attacked on stage just for making jokes. You can barely even talk about this stuff without being banned from social media or being cancelled.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Although maybe some of the girls are early 20s. Hard to tell.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Go-Ahead Junior J Shield Semi Final

Ballyboden St Endas E 3-09

Na Gaeil Aeracha 7-09

I don't know how GAA are organised. That's the official title of the match and the results. I don't know what age group but I think under 18.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

knownunknown wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:21 am This very tiny minority has the backing of the largest corporations in the world as well as most western governments, not to mention NGOs, the entire entertainment industry and educational institutions. It ends when they stop trying to push their version of the world down people’s throats. Comedians are being attacked on stage just for making jokes. You can barely even talk about this stuff without being banned from social media or being cancelled.
They very cleverly - and very cynically - tagged onto the gay rights movement.

So you can be the biggest gay ally ever - I've been to many a Pride event and the George is like Cheers for me, they know my drink before I ask! - and be branded transphobic. A stupid word if ever there was one.

I was told I wasn't a "proper ally" and should be "educated" (I await my papers to a camp any day) merely for wanting us to use Pride to highlight the vile murders in Sligo and the increased gay bashings in Dublin. Apparently the "aro and kink communities" need my help more. My work place has been taken over by TENI and we are fecked.

Memento Mori

Post by Memento Mori »

What is a woman... What is a man?

A once observable, biological, objective reality, now reduced to a subjective "feeling". One which defies description, has nothing to do with physical, biological reality, but also necessitates serious surgeries and hormone "treatment" to "change" said biological reality, and also necessitates conforming with gender stereotypes, which we are told are social constructs with no biological factor to them anyway!

What a sad situation it is, that vulnerable people find themselves in this scenario.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

https://reduxx.info/irish-lgbtq-inclusi ... ior-final/

Well, this article has cleared up my earlier doubts. Ffs.