Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Post what's on your mind

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.

Post what's on your mind

Post by 765489 »

A thread for random thoughts that don't fit anywhere.

What's in my head at the moment? Well after seeing the electricity price hike being introduced by Airtricity in October coupled with listening to a former ESB engineer on Drivetime, looks like we are going to be fecking fleeced in the coming months. The thought of getting a wind up radio and little windmill for the roof of the house for boiling the kettle flashed through my mind!

Re: Post what's on your mind

Post by 95438756 »

Cannot find my GoPro. My fault. Grrrrr.
Cannot stand the wet weather.
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

A paddy cap.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I only see my best mate twice a year since I moved to Ireland in 2007 and today was the day.

He’s just left and I’m very sad :(
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
NickNickleby
Verified Username

Post by NickNickleby »

Article in independent.ie...

"Mark Zuckerberg has opened up about his marriage to Priscilla Chan and how working with her unfolded a “whole new side” of their relationship."

At least in the good old Catholic days, you were told that the current pronouncements were endorsed by God, but nowadays, the media thinks these clowns ARE God. I mean, who actually gives a flying anything about Mark Zuckerberg's working relationship with his wife???

And while typing this, I'm watching a documentary "Life in Germany During the War". Jayziz, its depressing, and reminds me that at least Zuckerberg isn't Hitler - although his (Zuckerberg's) acolytes in the modern media idolise him the way their predecessors did Hitler in WW11 Germany.

This is what happens when I'm invited to "Post what's on your mind" I feel a sudden compulsion to do just that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

I'd like to live in the middle of nowhere. I wonder do I have a personality disorder. Maybe I will have a baby but now I feel sick thinking about it. Noisy drill yoke outside trimming my tree. Will I have sausages now or sausages later. If I have them later then that will have to be dinner.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Where the feck has SonNo.1's red screwdriver gone? He'd inadvertently swapped his for mine, and I got sticky black grease on it while using it, so had decided to bring it back into the house to clean up before handing it back to him. And it hasn't been seen in the fortnight since.

Where the feck is it? :evil:
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

I feel hot. Not in a good way. In a crazily sweaty pre menopausal way. Ugh. Why does growing older have to involve so much stewing in one's own sweat 😢😓😔

This is also the first time I have sat down since early morning because I am preparing for a large family gathering, all the cooking, cleaning etc and everyone else off looking for mushrooms, or fish, or other fun. And me here slaving and looking like a sweat machine.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...

Post by 765489 »

The caterpillar I flicked off the gable end of the house, so it wouldn't get covered in paint, fell to its death. Its not moving. I thought it was playing dead. I assumed caterpillars could survive falling from great heights, I was wrong. :shock: I hope karma doesn't strike when I'm up painting the pebbledash around the chimney.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Our cleaner is so lovely and she can wear teeny shorts. Wish I could wear teeny shorts. Her arms are really toned as well. Wonder what she makes of our fridge. She probably doesn't eat sausages.

Post by 765489 »

Would love to see the words on Microsoft's sensitive / profanity word listing. They will not publish what words are on the list the fookers.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Two gallons of Titebond III was an awful lot of glue for a workbench project. What was I thinking?

Also that I wish Dublin was like it was in the late 90’s, rather than what it’s become.

Finally, I’d absolutely murder a spiceburger and chips right now.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Yes I will have a third martini.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

JayZeus wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:57 pm Two gallons of Titebond III was an awful lot of glue for a workbench project. What was I thinking?

Also that I wish Dublin was like it was in the late 90’s, rather than what it’s become.

Finally, I’d absolutely murder a spiceburger and chips right now.
I've never had a spiceburger.
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Sufferin’ jayzus.

Post by 765489 »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:54 pm I've never had a spiceburger.
Add it to your bucket list Diamonds :D
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:54 pm I've never had a spiceburger.
Me neither. :?

Post by 765489 »

Wouldn't mind a spice burger sandwich with melted cheese and red sauce before I start painting again. Unfortunately no spuce burgers. I never had haggis,I imagine it to be similar without the crusty exterior.

Post by 765489 »

Don't think I'll ever get used to the Edge Web browser, too much going on when all I want is the url bar to type in a Web address. Every time I start it up its trying to tell me the latest features and fills up with useless news stories.
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

The Mammy is coming to visit in about ten days. Should I interupt my creative - but very messy - processes to clean and tidy the house as a mark of respect for her ... or should I leave it so that she's (a) got something to criticise me about; and (b) something to do while my Dad gives in to temptation and joins the building work instead of taking her to the shops?
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

... and hot off the brain cells: since when did anyone give a round of applause to a priest at the end of his sermon? Just heard that on the live streamed Mass on Radio na Gaeltachta. S'pose I'll have to rapidly brush up my Irish, listen to it again and see if I can figure out what he said that prompted such a reaction.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

:roll: I don't feel so good

It couldn't possibly be the booze could it :?
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:59 pm :roll: I don't feel so good

Last night's or this morning's? :lol:
CelticRambler
Verified Username

Post by CelticRambler »

Dilemma: continue building bits of walls this afternoon, seeing as everything's going well and I'm in a good rhythm; or stop now while everything's gone well, and spend the afternoon at our village's version of the Ploughing Championships ... ?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:59 pm :roll: I don't feel so good

Did you try those spice burgers? :?