Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Hall of Fame

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
knownunknown

Re: Boards Hall of Fame

Post by knownunknown »

gugleguy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:15 pm Not a fair point khd, but a Great one from you.
Otherwise boards would have become a ghost town well before now.
Without that really large poster that has a few thousand posts in the last couple of months the place would seem a lot more inactive. Funny thing is I’ve seen a few posts calling them a 100% troll etc… by the resident trolls, that were quickly deleted. I can only imagine how many reported posts that one poster is generating. I wouldn’t expect them to last long, the extra extra extra extra extra large one.

Post by 95438756 »

gugleguy wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:20 pm Donald Trump thread :

The tommy helmeted mod has enough, DE De de.....

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205815 ... _119812218
.....And the mod makes the same point again today on the thread.

Like a schoolteacher trying to control secondary school students in one of their first debates.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Why do people bother posting in the Trump thread - unless of course one has a pathological hatred of the man and he is still living rent free in their heads of course, anything remotely positive about him will just get you threadbanned or suffer a pile on ...
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:06 pm Why do people bother posting in the Trump thread - unless of course one has a pathological hatred of the man and he is still living rent free in their heads of course, anything remotely positive about him will just get you threadbanned or suffer a pile on ...
Did you ever walk past a stranger while hearing them say something so ridiculously untrue that you felt the need to respond?

E.g. you walk by someone in a shop and you hear them say the closing time is 7, but you know it’s 8; wouldn’t you feel the need to speak up about it? I know I would.

The thread should come with a warning though; “this thread is infested with unthinking, corporate controlled, state subservient trolls who will gaslight you and attempt to get you threadbanned for merely disagreeing with them: you’ve been warned, enter at your own risk”
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Interesting conversation can be picked up here in the Biden thread. Adam’s family daughter and the guy who was shot in Dallas both really giving the smack down. I know isha posted about this somewhere recently (American government collusion with social media to censor people and stories) but it’s interesting to watch how they defend this stuff.

1st argument: he appeared in Tucker Carlson so why should we listen to him
#2 you were posting about some other nonsense here earlier, why should we listen to you
#3 what about the left leaning politician who was attacked
#4 you’re a pearl clutcher and I’m not addressing a story from someone who has links to racists.
#5 finally reads report and gives the most bad faith interpretation of the article that can be conceived, ignoring all the evidence but instead choosing to focus on what a twitter spokesperson said.

When people talk about trump derangement syndrome this is exactly what they’re talking about.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _119821514
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:54 am Interesting conversation can be picked up here in the Biden thread. Adam’s family daughter and the guy who was shot in Dallas both really giving the smack down. I know isha posted about this somewhere recently (American government collusion with social media to censor people and stories) but it’s interesting to watch how they defend this stuff.

1st argument: he appeared in Tucker Carlson so why should we listen to him
#2 you were posting about some other nonsense here earlier, why should we listen to you
#3 what about the left leaning politician who was attacked
#4 you’re a pearl clutcher and I’m not addressing a story from someone who has links to racists.
#5 finally reads report and gives the most bad faith interpretation of the article that can be conceived, ignoring all the evidence but instead choosing to focus on what a twitter spokesperson said.

When people talk about trump derangement syndrome this is exactly what they’re talking about.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _119821514
I'm highly reluctant to post on a thread discussing a msg board,I don't post on,or about people who haven't ability to defend emselves

But what the American government is doing there with influence over social media,is same thing communists done when their idology ran out of road,use government interference in media to effectively astroturf and propagandise,public discourse and stave off reform....it failed then,it will fail now,

it's a tactic as old as time
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein

Post by 678904673 »

And this thread on Boards was going so well until some of the usual suspects piled in and guess what happened. Yes, ludicrous bias moderation

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205826 ... pinion/p18
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

Happy Days wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:03 pm And this thread on Boards was going so well until some of the usual suspects piled in and guess what happened. Yes, ludicrous bias moderation

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205826 ... pinion/p18
Ridiculous moderation and typical of that sh1thole
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

Who is the 'deleted user' on the Trump thread?

Post by 95438756 »

Boards seems to be timing out right now.
I imagine the Liveline thread is over accessed
KHD

Post by KHD »

There's a guy in the farming and forestry forum who i would describe as a most knowledgeable man on soil health, organics and grasslands. Since the war in Ukraine broke out he has been consistently correct with regards to the impacts this would have on agricultural inputs and the question on the dropping of Russian gas would have on European economies. This didn't sit well with alot of the st javelin guys in there. Fair enough, we all have our views but there is no need for this type of comment about him. He didn't rise to it but still the comment is up and no one has challenged the gobshite who typed this out bar one of the Mods. In fairness the mod was bang on.

When our former mod CA member here made a thuggish and discusting remark about one of our female members here a while ago at least it was taken down.

Screenshot_20221112_110936_Chrome.jpg
Last edited by KHD on Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hugh_Bigazz

Post by Hugh_Bigazz »

In my time away I'm actually finding Twitter to be more pleasant than planks and that takes some doing. Planks is a absolute cesspit of trolls and wums
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

KHD wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:24 am There's a guy in the farming and forestry forum who i would describe as a most knowledgeable man on soil health, organics and grasslands. Since the war in Ukraine broke out he has been consistently correct with regards to the impacts this would have on agricultural inputs and the question on the dropping of Russian gas would have on European economies. This didn't sit well with alot of the st javelin guys in there. Fair enough, we all have our views but there is no need for this type of comment about him. He didn't rise to it but still the comment is up and no one has challenged the gobshite who typed this out bar one of the Mods. In fairness the mod was bang on.

When our former mod CA member here made a thuggish and discusting remark about one of our female members here a while ago at least it was taken down.

Screenshot_20221112_110936_Chrome.jpg
I honestly think that, by all rights, someone who makes a disgusting comment like that should be named and shamed.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Avey Terrible wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:36 am I honestly think that, by all rights, someone who makes a disgusting comment like that should be named and shamed.
Won't make any difference as the poster who posted it is too much of a grunt to even delete the original post. People say things in the heat of a moment but most will be either later embarrassed by something they said reading back on it or apologetic.

The farming forum is one of those places on boards where the Mods are active and in fairness do a great job in moderating, they let things flow and treat people like adults. I've had interactions with them all and never had any bothers.

But that post should be deleted and am disappointed that no one apart from the mod has posted anything to say that was a bad thing to say about the family of a long time member. But anyway, thats the way it goes I guess.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

There was a poster named Buford T Justice who I used to enjoy reading there before he quit. I think he was a mod of the farming forum. There was another poster with a similar name.

The smaller forums have some absolutely fantastic mods that do a great job to be fair. They continually get skipped over for admin and cmod positions. Only applicants from the church of woke are accepted.

What a guy buford, he saw the writing on the wall and tried. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _115498888
KHD

Post by KHD »

knownunknown wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:25 pm There was a poster named Buford T Justice who I used to enjoy reading there before he quit. I think he was a mod of the farming forum. There was another poster with a similar name.

The smaller forums have some absolutely fantastic mods that do a great job to be fair. They continually get skipped over for admin and cmod positions. Only applicants from the church of woke are accepted.

What a guy buford, he saw the writing on the wall and tried. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _115498888
Buford is on here but hasn't posted in a while. I think he was either a cmod or admin on boards. Great post he done, a man of principle.

Post by 95438756 »

The Church Of Woke {/b] is a eminent sect on Boards, with 4 or 5 Mods as Bishops. And below them evangelists and warriors who report back on miscreants.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

I think Buford was also a mod of AH at one point. I remember over in Feedback I think it was a big hoo haa about veganism and the farming forum. Is that why he left I wonder?
KHD

Post by KHD »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:13 pm I think Buford was also a mod of AH at one point. I remember over in Feedback I think it was a big hoo haa about veganism and the farming forum. Is that why he left I wonder?
It was around that time :)
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

I eat meat but also love animals. It's a bit of a mind feck for me.
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Oh. My 'fúck’ changed to feck :D
KHD

Post by KHD »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:23 pm I eat meat but also love animals. It's a bit of a mind feck for me.
Some good posters resigned over that when Buford left.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:24 pm Oh. My 'fúck’ changed to feck :D
Good to see we can circumvent Gubunor's bad word policies if required. Thanks D

:mrgreen:
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:13 pm I think Buford was also a mod of AH at one point. I remember over in Feedback I think it was a big hoo haa about veganism and the farming forum. Is that why he left I wonder?
This might explain more.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _115426585

This simple rule if followed would allow for good conversation. Obviously someone changed things over there.

“ But one of the fundamental precepts which we still maintain on our forum is that the tone of a reply to a post can only be to the same tone as the original post. The poster has the choice and free will to determine the content and tone of their post but they can expect the same tone of reply in return.”
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

KHD wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:32 pm Buford is on here but hasn't posted in a while. I think he was either a cmod or admin on boards. Great post he done, a man of principle.
An outstanding mod who didn't overstep his boundaries and was respectful to a fault. Our interactions were always civil, and capable of overturning a minor indescretion after reasoned discussion. His sudden departure accelerated the demise of boards into a fiefdom where the usual suspects concentrated power with sadistic fervour. Not forgetting their spineless acolytes, tongues a peculiar shade of brown. Chapeau Buford, a model of integrity.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire