Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

General Current Affairs Chat - Global and Local

The burning issues of the day
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Re: General Current Affairs Chat - Global and Local

Post by Del.Monte »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:54 pm Well, Eamonn is digging his heels in.....

https://www.newstalk.com/news/we-are-go ... ad-1412569

Now, how's that going to help a bog man like me in West Cork get to work when it's 3 HOURS by public transport to get to work with two buses (25 min by car)?
Public is way down on the dopey Green's agenda and whenever any of their people are interviewed they always use this order: walking, cycling and public transport. And for public transport read buses. I saw one of the Enniscorthy/New Ross local link 'buses' today and god help us it was no better than a glorified ice cream van.
'no more blah blah blah'
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:21 pm Public is way down on the dopey Green's agenda and whenever any of their people are interviewed they always use this order: walking, cycling and public transport. And for public transport read buses. I saw one of the Enniscorthy/New Ross local link 'buses' today and god help us it was no better than a glorified ice cream van.
Box ticking with the ice-cream van. "Sure we have a new local bus". Then, in 18 months they can pull it due to people not using it. Generally, people don't use them due to their stupid timetables.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

KHD wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:38 am Fooking scum.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/cri ... 31075.html

Would it be too much to suggest a small concentrated nuclear device for the town of Rathkeale ?
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:43 pm Would it be too much to suggest a small concentrated nuclear device for the town of Rathkeale ?
It may take out Adare but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take.....
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

I firmly believe that every taxpayer should spend an afternoon walking around Rathkeale. It's VERY educational how the other half live....
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:54 pm Well, Eamonn is digging his heels in.....

https://www.newstalk.com/news/we-are-go ... ad-1412569

Now, how's that going to help a bog man like me in West Cork get to work when it's 3 HOURS by public transport to get to work with two buses (25 min by car)?
Geez it gets worse......
https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2022/1 ... emissions/
  • No free parking at work (Oh I can see that working well when there's f**k all public transport)
  • Min parking charge in urban areas (Well done in killing the small town - most are bringing in free parking to get business back into the towns)
  • Fuel prices up by 65% (again, what about us living outside the urban areas with f**k all public transport?)
Does that man realise that the stick approach to climate change isn't going to work?

I also heard another Green Loony, sorry TD saying that he wants to ban Gas heating for new house builds and ban new connections? Does that party want to commit political suicide?
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:13 pm Box ticking with the ice-cream van. "Sure we have a new local bus". Then, in 18 months they can pull it due to people not using it. Generally, people don't use them due to their stupid timetables.
We have a typically Green thinking Local Link service, they run in the morning to service the trains to Dublin and in the evening to service the trains from Dublin. If you want to visit a doctor, dentist, or do some shopping , get the car out.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:51 pm Geez it gets worse......
  • No free parking at work (Oh I can see that working well when there's f**k all public transport)
  • Min parking charge in urban areas (Well done in killing the small town - most are bringing in free parking to get business back into the towns)
  • Fuel prices up by 65% (again, what about us living outside the urban areas with f**k all public transport?)
Does that man realise that the stick approach to climate change isn't going to work?

I also heard another Green Loony, sorry TD saying that he wants to ban Gas heating for new house builds and ban new connections? Does that party want to commit political suicide?
Well the Congestion Charge gimmick is back on the agenda, which will hopefully put paid to the Greens in Dublin, (with the possible exception of the PC/Woke heartland of Dublin Bay South) and probably won't do a lot of good for FG/FF. Handing the next election to SF.
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

So I see war mongering scumbag Zelensky is off to meet another war mongering scumbag Biden - although doubt that demented senile old c*nt knows whats going on ...

And the left are cheering this on, basically a step closer to WWIII....
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:51 pm Geez it gets worse......

It's worrying this OBSESSION with carbon, they don't see that the "cure" is far far worse than the disease.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Spy in Irish government,long suspected that the golfgate leak come from British intelligence services,leaked to an young journalist from Derry...giving it perfect cover

At a time,when implications of it were that an EU commissioner for trade in Phil Hogan viewed as imperatives/obstacle to brexit negotiations was ousted from his role.....whole thing never particularly added up for me anyway,and was hounded at time for suggesting it smelt rotten
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein

Post by 95438756 »

British Space developments, headed by Richard Branson's enterprise.

BBC News - Virgin Orbit issued licences ahead of Cornwall space launch
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-64049483

Post by 95438756 »

Del.Monte wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:30 pm Iranian footballers put it up to the mad Mullahs.

video has now been pulled by mental mullahs
KHD

Post by KHD »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:04 am So I see war mongering scumbag Zelensky is off to meet another war mongering scumbag Biden - although doubt that demented senile old c*nt knows whats going on ...

Disgraceful post Bishop Brennan.

In keeping with the current mainstream media narrative about all things Russian, the below is what is actually happening.

He is gone over to ensure his Christmas bonus is pushed through Congress. Another 43 billion is needed to fight the vodka swilling conscripts in their rusty old tanks that are pulled by donkeys. Apparently Putin is giving his rag tag army zombie tablets that make them get up again after being shot.

The long range weaponry he is after is only going to be used to "light up" Russian cities for Christmas as the Russians can't even afford lights for their Christmas trees.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

Any word from the UN recently about the 'absurd' war..................no, as irrelevant as the League of Nations.
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:26 pm Any word from the UN recently about the 'absurd' war..................no, as irrelevant as the League of Nations.
Pretty absurd statement too.

“ Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said he sees no prospect of talks to end the war in Ukraine in the immediate future and expects the already escalating military conflict to continue. But he called for everything possible to be done to halt the most devastating conflict in Europe since World War II by the end of 2023 -- which he strongly hopes will happen….

…we are working to push back against despair, to fight back against disillusion and to find real solutions.”

Strangely he doesn’t mention a ‘real solution’ even once. He seems to be one of those people who just blames everything on ‘right wing’ and ‘white supremacy’, very woke altogether.

“ The secretary-general also had some advice for the managers of all social media platforms including Twitter: You have a responsibility to preserve freedom of the press and at the same time ensure that hate speech and extremist views, including of neo-Nazis and white supremacists, don’t find their way onto your platforms.”

Translation: he would prefer if they could dictate the narrative.

https://apnews.com/article/iran-europe- ... afad6554fa
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:04 am So I see war mongering scumbag Zelensky is off to meet another war mongering scumbag Biden - although doubt that demented senile old c*nt knows whats going on ...

Yeah I mean why the fook would he want to fight against an invader into his country.
Or maybe you wold subscribe to the reconstitution of the old USSR.

FFS I thought I would come over here from Boards, but it looks like just a different kind of fooking lunacy.
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

jmayo wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:40 pm Yeah I mean why the fook would he want to fight against an invader into his country.

FFS I thought I would come over here from Boards, but it looks like just a different kind of fooking lunacy.
People have different opinions - or do you expect an echo chamber.
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

jmayo wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:40 pm Yeah I mean why the fook would he want to fight against an invader into his country.

I don’t think it’s fair to call him war mongering either if that helps but I can certainly see how people see him that way- he’s asking for weapons and not peace talks at every turn.
KHD

Post by KHD »

jmayo wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:40 pm

41dHYEF0Q3L._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255,255,255.png
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Ah jaysus I would have thought more of a man that loves his Deutz. ;)
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

Del.Monte wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:25 pm People have different opinions - or do you expect an echo chamber.
Jaysus I know people have different opinions, but really giving out about a guy that is leader of a country that faced massive invasion from huge neighbour, hits squads trying to execute him, knows that there will forever be a price on his head because he crossed old Putin and people complain that he is a warmonger.

Only ones I have heard parroting that line are Daly and Wallace.

In other news Palestinians hate Israelis and Israelis have an inbred fear that people want to wipe them out.
Who would have thought it.
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

knownunknown wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:32 pm I don’t think it’s fair to call him war mongering either if that helps but I can certainly see how people see him that way- he’s asking for weapons and not peace talks at every turn.
Ever hear the old story about the scorpion and the frog?
Who in their right mind would trust Putin?

And why should someone ask for peace talks when a big chunk of their country is occupied and will never be given back only forcebly taken back.

I didn't know there were so many that would be fans of old Neville Chamberlain.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

jmayo wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:52 pm Ever hear the old story about the scorpion and the frog?
Who in their right mind would trust Putin?

And why should someone ask for peace talks when a big chunk of their country is occupied and will never be given back only forcebly taken back.

I didn't know there were so many that would be fans of old Neville Chamberlain.
Ireland was occupied and still got the good Friday agreement. Palestine is occupied and without a peace agreement they will turn into dust.
When does the fighting stop and negotiations begin? When Russia withdraw completely, pay reparations and apologize profusely? It’s never going to happen just like the English in Ireland or the Israelis in Palestine. This ends in world war 3 or peaceful negotiations.

Despite what the media make out Putin to be, insane megalomaniacal idiot, he at every turn has shown to be a rational actor(unlike the scorpion).