Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Hall of Fame

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.

Re: Boards Hall of Fame

Post by 678904673 »

Certainly ironic. I remember a time on Boards when criticism of John Campbell wasn't allowed.
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

It's a big surprise to me that the thread about the Rathkeale incident hasn't been nuked. Some (justified) threadbans and forum bans for "they should be shot" type comments but that's about it. Maybe it's because the thread is in AH rather than the Beasty forum (CA)
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

BrianD3 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:39 am It's a big surprise to me that the thread about the Rathkeale incident hasn't been nuked. Some (justified) threadbans and forum bans for "they should be shot" type comments but that's about it. Maybe it's because the thread is in AH rather than the Beasty forum (CA)
You can thank the woke ideology. They broke the rules by attacking people based on their identity, I.e. using white and old in the pejorative, so why not travellers? This is the dirty route identity politics takes us down. They can’t complain and report the posts because they do the exact same thing, just to different groups of people.

This is part of a post from a Cmod, the head guy for politics. “ There's even a whole class of gammons doing nothing but this though that's easier to understand.”

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120029115

Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

It's gone!
'no more blah blah blah'
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

They delete so quickly, safesurfers messages have been deleted all day calling out the cmod for using the word. Most references to it have been deleted.
Last edited by knownunknown on Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KHD

Post by KHD »

knownunknown wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:51 pm Post number 1323 read it quick before it’s gone again!

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205814 ... -06-01/p45
Wouldn't ya love to know what these fookin eejits do for their day jobs.
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

KHD wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:02 pm Wouldn't ya love to know what these fookin eejits do for their day jobs.
A job how are you. If there was work in bed they would sleep on the floor.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

They delete the posts so quickly, safesurfers messages pointing out the hypocrisy of the cmod using the word gammon have all been deleted.
Jack The Stripper

The f5 keys must be on last legs by them.
Avey Terrible

Post by Avey Terrible »

knownunknown wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:40 pm It’s how the fact checkers get away with their bias. They hand wave away the science when it suits because it’s being framed by an evil person not to listen to and give a free pass to claims that support their position. If ‘that nurse’ was so incorrect it would be easy to argue against the points raised rather then going straight to attacking his character.

Maybe his nurses comment is bordering on hate speech come to think of it, surely it’s derogatory towards nurses. They are highly skilled, knowledgeable people that work long hours. He must hate them or something.
The beast is a bigot
Jack The Stripper

Avey Terrible wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:49 am The beast is a bigot
https://www.google.ie/search?q=father.t ... xu15btT3Sc
BrianD3

Post by BrianD3 »

Last time I checked that thread (the Gemma O Doherty one) there was still at least one post from the "Screaming Horse" that used the Gammon term. But it is comical to see posters trying to justify the use of the term while mods delete posts so they don't have to sanction certain people.

If Gammon is acceptable on boards, I presume referring to obese women as Ham Planets also is?

It shows how juvenile these people are that they bring the appearance of their opponents into adult debates about Brexit etc.

Also there are threadbanned posters posting in that thread. May sound petty (then again it is a petty forum) but I reported one of Renko's posts and it was swiftly deleted. If I posted while threadbanned and someone reported it I'm pretty sure I'd have gotten a stern and public sanction in bold font.
KHD

Post by KHD »

I had to google what a ham planet was, feckin hell I'm so behind the times with all this stuff!
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

BrianD3 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:31 am Last time I checked that thread (the Gemma O Doherty one) there was still at least one post from the "Screaming Horse" that used the Gammon term. But it is comical to see posters trying to justify the use of the term while mods delete posts so they don't have to sanction certain people.

If Gammon is acceptable on boards, I presume referring to obese women as Ham Planets also is?

It shows how juvenile these people are that they bring the appearance of their opponents into adult debates about Brexit etc.

Also there are threadbanned posters posting in that thread. May sound petty (then again it is a petty forum) but I reported one of Renko's posts and it was swiftly deleted. If I posted while threadbanned and someone reported it I'm pretty sure I'd have gotten a stern and public sanction in bold font.
Gmail is too. Same thing I reported before when my account was active and the posts merely deleted silently. Their gang get preferential treatment to act like assholes. This is the same guy asking helmet head to ‘put an end to this’.I.e. shut down the conversation.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

BrianD3 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:31 am Last time I checked that thread (the Gemma O Doherty one) there was still at least one post from the "Screaming Horse" that used the Gammon term. But it is comical to see posters trying to justify the use of the term while mods delete posts so they don't have to sanction certain people.

Renko is one of the works posters on that shitshow of a site!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Just watched an advert for the Marie Curie lotto.

One white nurse, one black nurse. Two winners - both black. 75% rate for a population that is around 19% (being generous as that is the entire non-white population of the UK.

I genuinely couldn’t care less what colour someone was but advertisers are clearly pushing an agenda.

Every single couple on tv it seems now is a black man with a white woman. Definitely an agenda.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Jack The Stripper

Rte are pushing it also. Stick a few of them into the audience’s in late late show etc. The Daltons dream is alive.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

I’d be pissed off of I was a black person - being used as nothing more than a token.

Jack The Stripper

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:12 pm I’d be pissed off of I was a black person - being used as nothing more than a token.
When you are getting a free house, dole, etc etc and a chance to appear on the late late show you are living the dream.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:15 pm When you are getting a free house, dole, etc etc and a chance to appear on the late late show you are living the dream.
Fair point!

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Christ on a bike those new cmods and mods they have are terrible if not worse then the clowns they already have. They just find the wokest people they can, the ones that are constantly berating trump, Gemma o Doherty and Nigel Farage and Musk. If they’re not constantly berating someone they just aren’t woke enough.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:54 pm Christ on a bike those new cmods and mods they have are terrible if not worse then the clowns they already have. They just find the wokest people they can, the ones that are constantly berating trump, Gemma o Doherty and Nigel Farage and Musk. If they’re not constantly berating someone they just aren’t woke enough.
When Beasty posts “as a Normal person”… it’s a trap!!!!

Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:54 pm Christ on a bike those new cmods and mods they have are terrible if not worse then the clowns they already have. They just find the wokest people they can, the ones that are constantly berating trump, Gemma o Doherty and Nigel Farage and Musk. If they’re not constantly berating someone they just aren’t woke enough.
Who are the new cmods and mods?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:21 pm Who are the new cmods and mods?
There are a few new ones I’ve noticed but since I’ve slated them I’m hesitant to mention them by name. Very woke altogether.
Jack The Stripper

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:21 pm Who are the new cmods and mods?
The 15 doctors and engineers one is hosting.