Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Burke family, Castlebar

The burning issues of the day
Bishop_Brennan

Re: Burke family, Castlebar

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Disgraceful, let's be honest here, this is not about the court order, this is because he refuses to believe in a made up religion that started around 2015.

The fat shit stained virgins in their mams basements over on planks are rippin the stomach off themselves over this.

Post by 95438756 »

He's been released. Ah well this is Ireland.
https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2022/122 ... och-burke/
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

Mandela will be free.
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

Can someone explain the nine genders?
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:54 am Can someone explain the nine genders?
I'll take a punt.

Me
You
Him
Her
Number 5
Yerra you know yourself
Spot the dog
Confused
Alphabet soup

Post by 95438756 »

Sounds like a Jim Carrey movie

knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:54 am Can someone explain the nine genders?
We entered the age of narcissism.

“ Our growing dependence on technologies no one seems to understand or control has given rise to feelings of powerlessness and victimization. We find it more and more difficult to achieve a sense of continuity, permanence, or connection with the world around us. Relationships with others are notably fragile; goods are made to be used up and discarded; reality is experienced as an unstable environment of flickering images. Everything conspires to encourage escapist solutions to the psychological problems of dependence, separation, and individuation, and to discourage the moral realism that makes it possible for human beings to come to terms with existential constraints on their power and freedom.”
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Not much point in keeping him in jail, particularly when the schools closed
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
KHD

Post by KHD »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:30 pm We entered the age of narcissism.

“ Our growing dependence on technologies no one seems to understand or control has given rise to feelings of powerlessness and victimization. We find it more and more difficult to achieve a sense of continuity, permanence, or connection with the world around us. Relationships with others are notably fragile; goods are made to be used up and discarded; reality is experienced as an unstable environment of flickering images. Everything conspires to encourage escapist solutions to the psychological problems of dependence, separation, and individuation, and to discourage the moral realism that makes it possible for human beings to come to terms with existential constraints on their power and freedom.”
Where did ya get that from Known ?
Jack The Stripper

knownunknown wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:30 pm We entered the age of narcissism.

What is that wall of copy and paste about? I don’t fancy hooking up the slurry spreader to decifer it.
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

KHD wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:02 pm Where did ya get that from Known ?
It’s a quote from this book.

Jack The Stripper wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:32 pm
What is that wall of copy and paste about? I don’t fancy hooking up the slurry spreader to decifer it.
It’s much more difficult for young people to make sense of the world. Of course they will be confused by their gender along with everything else.
Jack The Stripper

Setanta wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:02 pm Not much point in keeping him in jail, particularly when the schools closed
What is his game plan when the schools open?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:22 pm What is his game plan when the schools open?
Everything so far would indicate we’ll probably see the same thing again. He’ll turn up to an empty classroom in protest, school will ring police and court will send him again to jail for contempt. Maybe he’s had enough of prison though at this stage.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:22 pm What is his game plan when the schools open?
God only knows,but with em closed,there's zero justification of keeping him in over Xmas

I suspect he'll eventually end up in front of a court on trumped up charges like Paul Murphy did years ago over water protest's.....the bloke is quite naive as to what extent the state can/will go to,to silence dissent
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Jack The Stripper

The state are trying to shut us up. You will see people who will stand beside him in support.
When you have a person that made a claim of there being 9 genders one needs to question their integrity.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:14 am The state are trying to shut us up. You will see people who will stand beside him in support.
When you have a person that made a claim of there being 9 genders one needs to question their integrity.
The state don't give a shite about 9 gendars or whatever (realistically it's a non-issue offline),but they won't have someone undermining the courts/refusing to purge contempt

Kinda have to respect,and encourage someone willing to take em on,but it will only end one way,as the house always wins
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

I agree that the state is really doing a Geobbels by pushing this strange new religion.
It is a very similar process as described in Orwells 1984.
However for me, this Enoch is not a fella Id support in any way.
I want less religion; be it new or ancient.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Mirabeau wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:05 am I agree that the state is really doing a Geobbels by pushing this strange new religion.
It is a very similar process as described in Orwells 1984.
However for me, this Enoch is not a fella Id support in any way.
I want less religion; be it new or ancient.
I would LOVE to see a complete separation of church and state. No involvement of religion (of any kind) in schools. Religious education should be outside school (like a Sunday School). The legal side of marriage should only be done in a registry office and not in the church, humanist ceremony, etc.

The only time a church should get any state money is for the upkeep of culturally significant buildings provided they can prove they can't afford it.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:49 pm I would LOVE to see a complete separation of church and state. No involvement of religion (of any kind) in schools. Religious education should be outside school (like a Sunday School). The legal side of marriage should only be done in a registry office and not in the church, humanist ceremony, etc.

The only time a church should get any state money is for the upkeep of culturally significant buildings provided they can prove they can't afford it.

Absolutely, nothing pains me more than to see the crocodiles of six and seven year olds being herded by their teachers into the local church for another bout of indoctrination. Another generation to have their formative years influenced by people who can't abide to see others think for themselves.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Kinda reminds me of the time I was reading a bedtime story for my 5 years old niece. It was her favorite book and it was some sort of prayer.

When I was reading it, obviously my cynicism came through and my niece asked me if I didn't believe. My answer was no, i didn't believe as the whole thing is a story written in a book. All I got as an answer was "oh, you pick a story so". I read the Gruffalo instead.....
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

This is my opinion obviously but I think to cause another to lose faith is not a good act. From some distant teaching I have heard I remember an injunction never to cause another to lose their faith.

Another person's religion is their intimate business. Children often love prayers, adults too, and life can be hard, and unbearably tough, and sometimes an incantation learnt as a child can be the difference between giving up or going on. You or I just don't know what makes another person hold on.

I left Catholicism as a very young girl, to the horror of my family. It was an unusual thing to publicly do in rural Ireland in the early 80s but I was adamant, at 16 years old. Nonetheless I have always maintained a deep need for metaphysical awe and refuge, and I feel no animus towards the religion I was raised in. There is no sect to which I personally feel a sense of belonging, but I know the metaphysical impulse is rooted deeply and naturally in our vulnerable species spinning improbably on this planet in unfathomable space. I think there is good reason for that.

I honestly think a child praying a little prayer they love, be it a Buddhist chant, a Christian prayer, a shamanic invocation, etc, is a beautiful thing. I think children believing in fairies and magic and the awe of creation and the infinite universe and the unknowable unknown is to be encouraged. Not one single human on earth knows for sure the truth of what all this really is. Science just keeps on finding out how little is known. We are all on an awesome adventure. Why wouldn't a child or an adult hold dear a prayer?
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
Jack The Stripper

Setanta wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:05 am The state don't give a shite about 9 gendars or whatever (realistically it's a non-issue offline),but they won't have someone undermining the courts/refusing to purge contempt

Kinda have to respect,and encourage someone willing to take em on,but it will only end one way,as the house always wins
House wins for now. How messed up are those parents who want their child want be called a ‘they’? The mental state of that family needs to be called into question.
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

isha wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:00 pm This is my opinion obviously but I think to cause another to lose faith is not a good act. From some distant teaching I have heard I remember an injunction never to cause another to lose their faith.

Another person's religion is their intimate business. Children often love prayers, adults too, and life can be hard, and unbearably tough, and sometimes an incantation learnt as a child can be the difference between giving up or going on. You or I just don't know what makes another person hold on.

I left Catholicism as a very young girl, to the horror of my family. It was an unusual thing to publicly do in rural Ireland in the early 80s but I was adamant, at 16 years old. Nonetheless I have always maintained a deep need for metaphysical awe and refuge, and I feel no animus towards the religion I was raised in. There is no sect to which I personally feel a sense of belonging, but I know the metaphysical impulse is rooted deeply and naturally in our vulnerable species spinning improbably on this planet in unfathomable space. I think there is good reason for that.

I honestly think a child praying a little prayer they love, be it a Buddhist chant, a Christian prayer, a shamanic invocation, etc, is a beautiful thing. I think children believing in fairies and magic and the awe of creation and the infinite universe and the unknowable unknown is to be encouraged. Not one single human on earth knows for sure the truth of what all this really is. Science just keeps on finding out how little is known. We are all on an awesome adventure. Why wouldn't a child or an adult hold dear a prayer?
Faith is fine, we all have to have faith at some time, faith in the ladder you're climbing, faith in the brakes in your car etc. I don't have a problem with that, I even accept that there might well be a Supreme Being, although not in the form we've been accustomed to.
What I do have a problem with is religion in general, and the RCC in particular. They took a message of peace and love and through force of arms turned into a world dominating cult, destroying everything in its path, they manipulated and took away the innocence of children, they enslaved women and visited horrific punishment and death on anyone who dared to offer a different opinion. Only now, when educated people have seen just what they are all about and their sins are being exposed, have they relented, and then, not much.
So I have no problem in steering people away from the RCC, or diverting them from getting involved with it in the first place, If I knew enough about Islam, I'd be doing the same.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

marhay70 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:09 pm What I do have a problem with is religion in general, and the RCC in particular. They took a message of peace and love and through force of arms turned into a world dominating cult, destroying everything in its path, they manipulated and took away the innocence of children, they enslaved women and visited horrific punishment and death on anyone who dared to offer a different opinion.
All these things are not unique to the Catholic institutions. If anything, I would say they are the default conditions for humanity and whenever something different is happening it's a uniquely bright spot in history. The problem seems to be in us, as Solzhenitsyn said, evil cutting through each human heart.

The Mongols, the Visigoths, the Vikings etc all swept through and did the same as you described. Alexander did it to the Persians. The Aztecs did it on a mega scale. The boy scouts and swimming clubs were/ are rife with abuse. The Hindus abandoned widows to poverty or the pyre. Child marriage and fgm is widespread in many areas of the world due to cultural and religious conditioning. Elite paedophilia takes place in circles which are exalted in our societies. Buddhist monasteries in Asia are riddled with child sex abuse. We all live off the back of the enslavement of poor people elsewhere. Etc etc etc.

There is a new religion in town that has swept up vast swathes of our civilisation - and doctors are sterilising children on the back of it, mutilating genitalia, cutting off breasts of teenagers. Powerful atheist leaders all over the world are reciting mantras and claiming biological sex can in reality be changed. Which brings us back to Enoch. He doesn't want to be compelled by the new religion. I'm no fan of his particularly, but I don't want to be enslaved by the new religion that sacrifices children either.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
marhay70

Post by marhay70 »

isha wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:59 pm All these things are not unique to the Catholic institutions. If anything, I would say they are the default conditions for humanity and whenever something different is happening it's a uniquely bright spot in history. The problem seems to be in us, as Solzhenitsyn said, evil cutting through each human heart.

The Mongols, the Visigoths, the Vikings etc all swept through and did the same as you described. Alexander did it to the Persians. The Aztecs did it on a mega scale. The boy scouts and swimming clubs were/ are rife with abuse. The Hindus abandoned widows to poverty or the pyre. Child marriage and fgm is widespread in many areas of the world due to cultural and religious conditioning. Elite paedophilia takes place in circles which are exalted in our societies. Buddhist monasteries in Asia are riddled with child sex abuse. We all live off the back of the enslavement of poor people elsewhere. Etc etc etc.

There is a new religion in town that has swept up vast swathes of our civilisation - and doctors are sterilising children on the back of it, mutilating genitalia, cutting off breasts of teenagers. Powerful atheist leaders all over the world are reciting mantras and claiming biological sex can in reality be changed. Which brings us back to Enoch. He doesn't want to be compelled by the new religion. I'm no fan of his particularly, but I don't want to be enslaved by the new religion that sacrifices children either.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
But none of those you mentioned did it on the back of a message of peace and love. I can't remember any point in the Gospel where Jesus suggested we go and slaughter, torture and persecute the peoples of the world, in his name.
The message of Jesus, from my recollection was to cherish children, not to abuse them, to love your fellow man, not destroy him.
This is the mandate the Church was given.