Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Hall of Fame

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
DeletedUser

Re: Boards Hall of Fame

Post by DeletedUser »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:33 pm The 15 doctors and engineers one is hosting.
Oh ffs!!! They’re mass trolling now.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
JayZeus
Verified Username

Post by JayZeus »

Are people still visiting planks?

I'd rather listen to Joe Duffy talk about his aches and pains than visit that virtual soggy biscuit of a forum.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

JayZeus wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:50 pm Are people still visiting planks?

I'd rather listen to Joe Duffy talk about his aches and pains than visit that virtual soggy biscuit of a forum.
Personally I don't anyway....mainly due to timewise,and there's no decent content creation on it (any decent breaking news/current affairs it's a minimum of 12 hours behind anywhere else)

It's a bunch of ould lads,who have had the craic sucked outta em and couldn't imagine enjoying spending time offline with em,why would I spend time online with em??

Like I see the ould lads (or folks me own age) about where I live,any time ya meet em for a chat etc,you'd nearly always have a laugh and joke,so it's not age is the problem,just an utter deficit of personalities,tik tok comment sections are a better laugh tbh
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

JayZeus wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:50 pm Are people still visiting planks?

Nope, after about 15 years I finally walked away and don't miss the constant gaslighting and trolling. I don't go there at all unless someone posts a link here. It was a great place once but is now completely irrelevant. I'd love to see a graph of their numbers overt the years. They've gone the way of Myspace and Bebo

Post by 95438756 »

Boards posters are becoming more perfect candidates for Liveline callers, or the more woke specimens guests on Sean Moncreiff on Newstalk.

Post by 95438756 »

RTE Gold on boards
https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205827 ... -continues

When will it be deleted without trace
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

knownunknown wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:23 pm Without that really large poster that has a few thousand posts in the last couple of months the place would seem a lot more inactive. Funny thing is I’ve seen a few posts calling them a 100% troll etc… by the resident trolls, that were quickly deleted. I can only imagine how many reported posts that one poster is generating. I wouldn’t expect them to last long, the extra extra extra extra extra large one.
:lol: :lol: Did I call it or what? There was nothing wrong with their posts, it was their opinions that upset people.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205827 ... nt-affairs
KHD

Post by KHD »

Crazy stuff. :mrgreen:
Diamonds of Frost
Verified Username

Post by Diamonds of Frost »

knownunknown wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:41 pm :lol: :lol: Did I call it or what? There was nothing wrong with their posts, it was their opinions that upset people.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205827 ... nt-affairs
I remember reading your post Known and scratching my head at the clues you were giving :lol:
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

So nothing wrong with his posts other than being against this woke agenda, and they as much as admit this. Why would anyone want anything to do with that place?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Diamonds of Frost wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:18 pm I remember reading your post Known and scratching my head at the clues you were giving :lol:
That black horse thing showed it’s calling card here and was shoved off with a boot up it’s hoop - and rightly so.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

No Santa strike force will get that tool out of the hole he is in regardless of his 15 imaginary refugees.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:04 pm No Santa strike force will get that tool out of the hole he is in regardless of his 15 imaginary refugees.
Aladdin’s lamp couldn’t help him!!!

Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:34 pm Aladdin’s lamp couldn’t help him!!!
He can reap what he has sown.

Post by 95438756 »

Dark Stallion is turning into a younger version of Monsterly. He now has 'order, order' as his subtitle
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

gugleguy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:41 am Dark Stallion is turning into a younger version of Monsterly. He now has 'order, order' as his subtitle
I just saw that!!! Right Single White Female bang off that!!

Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

Allthough planks is full of the woke, the wokism thread shows otherwise if you go by posts that are thanked, it's all the ones taking the piss that have lots of thanks, the ones defending it barely get any.

Then again it could be they stay away from that, just check out the "Atheism" thread, just a bashing of Christianity and wanking over Islam...
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

I still post on boards in response to the rabid pro refugee, rabid green, pro fg/ff posters.
I just can't let some of the shyte slide, although I gave up responding to some of the "war and peace" type posters.

But I have noticed less and less of the old posters that fought the fight for so long.
It is so obvious that there are now planted posters on there doing the bidding of certain NGOs, certain government departments like health and certain political parties especially the greens.
The main mod in current affairs has to be multiple people at this stage because there is no way in hell it is one person.

I originally joined boards to get information and discuss travel topics, aviation, some sport and then wandered into discussing accommodation and eventually politics.
Of course the politics forum was taken over by people who deemed most of us beneath them so we ended up with Politics Cafe which latterly became a joke.
Anyone remember your one Scofflaw in Politics, wouldn't have a bad word said about ff?

Current Affairs now is a bigger joke.
Every thread begins with a banned list FFS.
There is no longer any fun in After Hours.
Hell the Soccer forum is now deserted as well.
KHD

Post by KHD »

Agree with all the above JMayo, this was more or less my original reason to join boards. Just want to take this opertunity to apologise to you for calling you a Nazi in the other thread, was wrong and can't delete it now. Was still pissed over the Bishop Brennan incident. Apologies and welcome aboard.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:06 pm Allthough planks is full of the woke, the wokism thread shows otherwise if you go by posts that are thanked, it's all the ones taking the piss that have lots of thanks, the ones defending it barely get any.

Then again it could be they stay away from that, just check out the "Atheism" thread, just a bashing of Christianity and wanking over Islam...
We here can’t exactly say we’re squeaky clean on bashing religion…

Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:28 pm We here can’t exactly say we’re squeaky clean on bashing religion…
I don't care about bashing religion, I would probably reluctantly describe myself as an "Athiest" (hate that word...) just so long as it's even across the board.

When you have in the "hazards of belief" thread uncountable posts about priests molesting boys ... fair enough it's a stain in our history.
But then any kind of islamic attack and there is nothing, crickets, if I post it as a hazard - which it CLEARLY is ... it gets 0 thanks and people just jumping in to DEFEND it ...

F*CK that!!
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

KHD wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:53 pm Agree with all the above JMayo, this was more or less my original reason to join boards. Just want to take this opertunity to apologise to you for calling you a Nazi in the other thread, was wrong and can't delete it now. Was still pissed over the Bishop Brennan incident. Apologies and welcome aboard.
Bishop Brennan incident ?
:o what did i do ??
KHD

Post by KHD »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:52 am Bishop Brennan incident ?
:o what did i do ??
Absolutely nothing! But someone took issue with you slagging off Zelinsky and Biden as war mongers, which I took issue with, as I think the same as you on that statement that Biden and Zelinsky are in fact war mongers.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:47 am I don't care about bashing religion, I would probably reluctantly describe myself as an "Athiest" (hate that word...) just so long as it's even across the board.

When you have in the "hazards of belief" thread uncountable posts about priests molesting boys ... fair enough it's a stain in our history.
But then any kind of islamic attack and there is nothing, crickets, if I post it as a hazard - which it CLEARLY is ... it gets 0 thanks and people just jumping in to DEFEND it ...

F*CK that!!
1,000% agreed!!!!!

Channel 4 are currently airing a "comedy" (yeah right!) about an evangelical family who are Jehova's Witnesses on steroids and how their teenaghe kids adapt.

Will they embrase their usual drive for equality and take the piss out of an Islamic family who make their daughtewr wear a hijab when she wants to dress as Taylor Swift... with hilarious consequences ?

Will they fck as like!!!!

Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

^^ Exactly.