Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Boards Hall of Fame

Light hearted chat. Don't ash on the floor.
jmayo

Re: Boards Hall of Fame

Post by jmayo »

KHD wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:53 pm Agree with all the above JMayo, this was more or less my original reason to join boards. Just want to take this opertunity to apologise to you for calling you a Nazi in the other thread, was wrong and can't delete it now. Was still pissed over the Bishop Brennan incident. Apologies and welcome aboard.
I most definitely don't agree with you on Russia, Putin because I do see him as being very dangerous and a dictator.
Some will argue that the West didn't invite them in back in the 90s, but should the West have sold the Baltics and most of Eastern Europe down the river to Russia?
I do think an opportunity was lost in 2001/2002 when there was cooperation between West and East after 911.

And I most definitely do think Zelensky is right to try fight for his country, but I am not dumb enough to forget Ukraine has had some very corrupt connections over the years.
All those dodgy women pretending they were looking for husbands for a start. :lol:

And seen as we are discussing slagging religion I had major pop on other thread about popes. but if anyone knows my posting history from over yonder they would know how vociferous I am on the now beloved religion of the modern liberals.
In comparison to catholicism, most other christian faiths and most other world faiths, islam is utter toxic.

BTW KHD is there any chance of a thread here like the "Classic I am not buying this week in "Farming Forum" that was over on b oa rds ?
I know the market may have fallen, but was always good for info and sometimes a laugh.
KHD

Post by KHD »

jmayo wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:39 pm
BTW KHD is there any chance of a thread here like the "Classic I am not buying this week in "Farming Forum" that was over on b oa rds ?
I know the market may have fallen, but was always good for info and sometimes a laugh.
Will do bosco. I sold a tractor a couple of years ago and it has changed hands since then multiple times and bought by dreamers trying to make money out of it. Must see if its still up. :D
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:39 am Gmail is too. Same thing I reported before when my account was active and the posts merely deleted silently. Their gang get preferential treatment to act like assholes. This is the same guy asking helmet head to ‘put an end to this’.I.e. shut down the conversation.
This guy was posting in a thread he was banned from, now his posts are deleted and the threadban lifted. The mods try to rewrite history like everyone is an idiot and doesn’t notice and then they wonder why the place turns into a ghost town.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120059249
jmayo

Post by jmayo »

KHD wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:58 pm Will do bosco. I sold a tractor a couple of years ago and it has changed hands since then multiple times and bought by dreamers trying to make money out of it. Must see if its still up. :D
It wasn't a 110-90 or 390 by any chance?
Those things were nearly more valuable now than when new.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

knownunknown wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:24 am This guy was posting in a thread he was banned from, now his posts are deleted and the threadban lifted. The mods try to rewrite history like everyone is an idiot and doesn’t notice and then they wonder why the place turns into a ghost town.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120059249
Reading the Harry/Meghan thread - why does EOTR always post "this is a fact..." and not debate ?? Utter plum!!
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
KHD

Post by KHD »

jmayo wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:47 pm It wasn't a 110-90 or 390 by any chance?
Those things were nearly more valuable now than when new.
No J it was a Deutz DX 85, was a good tractor, but I originally picked it up for 3500. I sold it to a man for I think 4000 or 4500 thousand, that's all it was realistically worth. Said he was going to use it as a "yard" tractor. After the deal was done a fella in a 45 foot flatbed arrived up to me, another 500 and he'd have to spend another 500 replacing the seized calipers on it, which was always a problem on the dx series of deutz tractors anyway. There was a number of other problems related to the hydraulic pump, can't really remember now but when I'm selling something I will say what the main things are that need to be fixed.

Anyway brother rang me the next morning and said check donedeal, he put it up for 8000, none of the few problems I put in my ad, everything working great,no problems... it was up for a while, then disappeared and a few months ago saw it advertised in Tipperary for 9000. This first fella didn't make any return out of it according to someone we rang, not sure how the tipperary entrepreneur got on with it but you'd be mad to hand over 8 or 9 grand for it.
blackwhite
Verified Username

Post by blackwhite »

PlaneSpeeking wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:07 pm Reading the Harry/Meghan thread - why does EOTR always post "this is a fact..." and not debate ?? Utter plum!!
Fairly sure that lad is fairly heavily on the spectrum. Definitely not all there anyway
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

blackwhite wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:53 pm Fairly sure that lad is fairly heavily on the spectrum. Definitely not all there anyway
Oh there’s definitely something not screwed down too tight for sure.
“I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” - Voltaire

"I'll see you out there!!" - Roy Keane
Del.Monte
Verified Username

Post by Del.Monte »

blackwhite wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:53 pm Fairly sure that lad is fairly heavily on the spectrum. Definitely not all there anyway
He likes trains too - always a good indication and I should know. :mrgreen:
'no more blah blah blah'

Post by 678904673 »

Well surprise, surprise. One of Boards greatest WUM's actually got their wrists slapped for once. Looks like hell might have frozen over

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120124971
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Happy Days wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:01 pm Well surprise, surprise. One of Boards greatest WUM's actually got their wrists slapped for once. Looks like hell might have frozen over

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120124971
It’s like criticising a traffic warden for not giving enough tickets. “That car was temporarily parked in that spot for two seconds and you didn’t race over and give it a ticket in time, you evil bastard”.

You can see how the traffic warden can get upset… :lol: can never be woke enough
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Another one(interesting poster) bites the dust. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120137880

Post by 95438756 »

Could others please offer their opinion on this posters pity party thread? The event occurred 32 years ago.
A new reg OP too.
https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205828 ... nce#latest
Bishop_Brennan

Post by Bishop_Brennan »

knownunknown wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:41 pm Another one(interesting poster) bites the dust. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120137880
Such a shame, he/she were posting solid sensible facts and the little authoritarian thugs couldn't handle it so just banned them.

Terrifying where society is going..

Post by 678904673 »

One thing I've noticed on Boards is the amount of zombie threads that are being resurrected. In some cases threads that are over 15 years old. Always seems to be new posters. Not sure if its deliberate. Very strange
KHD

Post by KHD »

gugleguy wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:45 am Could others please offer their opinion on this posters pity party thread? The event occurred 32 years ago.
A new reg OP too.
https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205828 ... nce#latest
:D feckin hell just seen that now. Original post deleted but here it is below. I know things can play on people's minds over these sort of things but 22 years later looking for some advice on planks ?

"Hi I'm hoping someone can offer advice. An old family member died with his will changed 4 times in the months before his death (documented that son who was taking him to solicitor influenced him to write out siblings in solicitors notes). Son of course main beneficiary and executor of will. Siblings contested will which took 10 years and on day of court one sibling caved in and made a settlement with brother to get her fees back and that was it. Family fell apart because of all of this. Lots of hurt and pain the usual story and so executor is the winner. As it stands today over 22 years on, not a penny of the estate has been distributed and the only one to have benefitted is the executor and his children (he quickly put land etc into their names, sold off cattle, etc). House is in a state of massive disrepair. Lots of antiques missing from house. Roofs falling in, old stone walls cracking under water from broken gutter. Attempts were made by other family members to repair it but executor called the guards and tried to have the family members arrested. It can't be right that a man can get away with this. Same man also found his way into old lady's estate when family (totally unrelated to him) went to pay for her care in old age they found he had power of attorney. Reason was she stopped trusting her family which is exact same story as former. Where do you go with this?"
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Bishop_Brennan wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:55 pm Such a shame, he/she were posting solid sensible facts and the little authoritarian thugs couldn't handle it so just banned them.

Terrifying where society is going..
Another example, grace trying to talk some sense in this thread full of hysterical idiots. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/commen ... _120156493

Post by 678904673 »

Just going to throw it out there but <SNIP> is an absolute dose
Last edited by Guburnor on Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: If you're referring to a particular poster, be nice, if you can't be nice don't post their username.
PogMoThoin22

Post by PogMoThoin22 »

Happy Days wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:31 pm Just going to throw it out there but <SNIP> is an absolute dose
Completely closed minded like many other posters on planks. It's their view, nobody else can have an alternative view

Post by 95438756 »

I thought I'd seen the worst, but this is boards gold:
https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205828 ... ar-surgeon
Berties_Horse
Verified Username

Post by Berties_Horse »

The scutter junkies successfully engineer another thread closure, one humiliation too many. Tail wagging the dog, clickety click your subservient mod bolts it quick:
https://www.boards.ie/discussion/205826 ... ead#latest
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

Another nail in the coffin of that sinking ship. Beasty has sailed straight in to an iceberg.

Post by 678904673 »

The "be kind" posters are a scourge and continually derail and get closed down thread after thread. I'm not sure if it's 1person or 2/3 people behind these accounts. But if multiple people they are absolutely colluding with each other. What I find baffling is that despite posters voicing their suspicions nothing has been done.

I genuinely wonder what their end game is. Do they want Boards simply to be their own echo chamber inhabited solely by their cronies
Biggins

Post by Biggins »

Happy Days wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:35 am The "be kind" posters are a scourge and continually derail and get closed down thread after thread. I'm not sure if it's 1person or 2/3 people behind these accounts. But if multiple people they are absolutely colluding with each other. What I find baffling is that despite posters voicing their suspicions nothing has been done.

I genuinely wonder what their end game is. Do they want Boards simply to be their own echo chamber inhabited solely by their cronies
It's clear as day what their end game is. They want all critical thought eliminated from the site. They're clearly connected to the establishment (FG and RTE). All through the pandemic they got people banned who questione Tony Holohan. They've got pretty much every pro SF account banned and now anyone who dares criticise Tugridy is in their sights.

There are definitely multiple people involved. I'd say they're young FGers carrying out orders from higher ups who won't get their hands dirty
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Biggins wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:08 am It's clear as day what their end game is. They want all critical thought eliminated from the site. They're clearly connected to the establishment (FG and RTE). All through the pandemic they got people banned who questione Tony Holohan. They've got pretty much every pro SF account banned and now anyone who dares criticise Tugridy is in their sights.

There are definitely multiple people involved. I'd say they're young FGers carrying out orders from higher ups who won't get their hands dirty
I hope they aren't young anyway :shock: .....what hope has country,if our youth are sad sacks,with no sense of humour
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein