Welcome to GUBU.ie - if you're new here check out Housekeeping for more info. Any queries contact us.

Burke family, Castlebar

The burning issues of the day
isha
Verified Username

Re: Burke family, Castlebar

Post by isha »

marhay70 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:25 pm But none of those you mentioned did it on the back of a message of peace and love. I can't remember any point in the Gospel where Jesus suggested we go and slaughter, torture and persecute the peoples of the world, in his name.
The message of Jesus, from my recollection was to cherish children, not to abuse them, to love your fellow man, not destroy him.
This is the mandate the Church was given.
I know. I referred to the institution which I personally think is separate from the teachings.

Lots of religions and cultural belief systems ground themselves on love and peace and still do rotten things eg Buddhists ethnically cleansing the Rohingya, or enlightenment religions with caste systems. And for the up to date example the "Be Kind" gender devotees who claim to be full of loving acceptance and progressive wisdom and peaceful respect while simultaneously backing mutilation of minors and male sex offenders in women's prisons.
Thinking out loud, and trying to be occasionally less wrong...
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

isha wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:00 pm From some distant teaching I have heard I remember an injunction never to cause another to lose their faith.
This surely comes from religion, in the same way they called non believers the worst sorts of words, pagan, heathen, apostate, etc…

Would it be so bad to impart faith where none exists like the missionaries do?

When I was young I was so confused by this for so many years I had no one like my current self to answer these questions, which leads to the loss of faith. Faith is belief in something without evidence, the antithesis of science. Science is not a world view to be put in its stead but it does teach us that faith is irrational.

There can be faith in god as the creator of the universe, who could argue with that? A universe exists so the theory that it was created by a powerful god is just as good as anything else. It’s the faith in the idea that god is omnipresent, all powerful and judges you when have lustful thoughts which is a complete crock of shit, in my opinion. Informing someone to lose their idea in this kind of god can only be a good thing.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

knownunknown wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:22 pm This surely comes from religion, in the same way they called non believers the worst sorts of words, pagan, heathen, apostate, etc…

Would it be so bad to impart faith where none exists like the missionaries do?

When I was young I was so confused by this for so many years I had no one like my current self to answer these questions, which leads to the loss of faith. Faith is belief in something without evidence, the antithesis of science. Science is not a world view to be put in its stead but it does teach us that faith is irrational.

There can be faith in god as the creator of the universe, who could argue with that? A universe exists so the theory that it was created by a powerful god is just as good as anything else. It’s the faith in the idea that god is omnipresent, all powerful and judges you when have lustful thoughts which is a complete crock of shit, in my opinion. Informing someone to lose their idea in this kind of god can only be a good thing.
The injunction referred to not causing people of faith other than your own to lose their particular, personal faith. I have not been able to recall where I read it, I have an inkling it's from a Jewish teacher. Wish I could remember. But I still agree with the idea.

I have gone through many religious teachings in my life, known many teachers of different kinds, and the best ones never wanted to disrespect any other spiritual teachings or shock people out of their personal faiths. Why do it? Rather than narrow potential views it is better to broaden the consciousness, what used to be called mind expanding ☺️. In that way what is no longer useful (eg a wrathful petty god on a throne waiting to strike you down for being bold) falls away as a result of expanding, fullness, not as a result of binding, narrowing, petty refutation.
Jack The Stripper

Post by Jack The Stripper »

If the ‘they’ gets their transition completed I presume the ‘they’ will want to be called a she then so will all be well again or is it something mr.Burke may not accept.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

Or will they do a Prince on it and go by a variation of "The student formerly known as....."?
knownunknown

Post by knownunknown »

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:32 pm Or will they do a Prince on it and go by a variation of "The student formerly known as....."?
The guy was deadnaming himself! :lol:
Jack The Stripper

Hairy-Joe wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:32 pm Or will they do a Prince on it and go by a variation of "The student formerly known as....."?
That student needs to cop themselves on and either poop or get off the throne.

Post by 95438756 »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:06 pm That student needs to cop themselves on and either poop or get off the throne.
It'll go away and be forgotten by Joe public by next June.
Jack The Stripper

gugleguy wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:16 am It'll go away and be forgotten by Joe public by next June.
Round two shortly as schools open.

Post by 95438756 »

Jack The Stripper wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:45 am Round two shortly as schools open.
Ya got me. His last, memorable year in a school like that I hope but ye never know

Post by 95438756 »

Now trying to stop disciplinary meeting before start of school term. Pay him off and send him on his way
https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2023/010 ... och-burke/
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Ugh. You just know this fella is a super-annoying, self-righteous, pompous, fanatical individual who would be unbearable to live with, and yet he is alsoright not to want to be compelled to have to pretend that human beings can change sex, because that dreadful ideology is causing insane amounts of iatrogenic harm.
Why'd it have to be him? 😑
Jack The Stripper

Is it a fact that he would refuse to accept the sex change of that student who wants to be called a they?
Would that ‘they’ just not get on with their sex change.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

One doesn't need to have a sex change to change sex nowadays.

People can apply in writing or by email, free of charge, and get a Gender Recognition Certificate if they state "a settled and solemn intention of living in the preferred gender for the rest of his or her life". Nothing else is required.

For those who are too young to apply for certified sex change there are diversity and inclusion policies in place in many organisations that compel affirmation of students or employees gender identity. I presume that is where Enoch is tripping up. He is not affirming a student's self identifying gender.

Once the Certificate is issued the Gender Recognition Act (Ireland) of 2015 states

Jack The Stripper

Wave your tool and your cert in womens changing rooms ffs.
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

A point I feel about the Gender Recognition Act is not so much how many or how few certificates are issued, but rather that it enshrines into law the belief that by merely stating ones solemn intention, ie self identifying, that one then has changed sex.

This is impossible. It's irrational. It would be rational to issue a transgender certification ie this person is now a transgender woman or a transgender man, to make it official. And to help people in this way. No problem.

But saying in LAW that for all purposes the person's sex has effectively changed is just not possible. Because it has not. I wonder will the law ever be challenged on the ground of attempting to enshrine as fact that which is irrational, false etc?
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

I actually happened to look into what this they/them identify means....it's someone who deosnt see emselves as conforming to gendar stereotypes

Since the trans/gender critical position is to base gender on tradional stereotypes,is folks,trying to find emselves in life etc, calling emselves they/them not an inevitablity?

What were tradionally called tomboys etc shouldn't be facing abuse/controversy imo
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
Jack The Stripper

Can one reapply to get another cert when being the opposite gender on paper goes out of vogue?
Jack The Stripper

Setanta wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:15 pm I actually happened to look into what this they/them identify means....it's someone who deosnt see emselves as conforming to gendar stereotypes

Since the trans/gender critical position is to base gender on tradional stereotypes,is folks,trying to find emselves in life etc, calling emselves they/them not an inevitablity?

What were tradionally called tomboys etc shouldn't be facing abuse/controversy imo
Is it not Tompeople now?
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Setanta wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:15 pm I actually happened to look into what this they/them identify means....it's someone who deosnt see emselves as conforming to gendar stereotypes

The gender stereotyping is being promoted by the gender ideologues, not the gender critical people. The gender ideologues are really backward as they have weird ideas like what a child plays with or how a youth/ adult dresses indicates their gender. They have conflated gender with sex, also, so that your appearance, preoccupations, expressions etc indicates your actual sex. Which is so dumb I can't believe I deal with these people's opinions every day on social media. It's completely square and retrograde to decide what someone's sex is based on how they express themselves. Demanding gender neutral pronouns like they them, fae faer, xe xer, etc infinitum for oneself is also feeding into this daftness. Just wear what you like. But sex can't be changed.

If you think you have looked into this you really have not. There's a huge pit that seems bottomless. Babyfur. Adult baby diaper lovers. Transage. Transcanine. Trans species. I have read an account recently from a young woman who says she has sex with dogs and should be respected. The whole slippery slope.

My opinion is we go back to the place where the ground is solid. Sex is immutable. No one is in the wrong body. Putting on lipstick or a vest doesn't change your sex. Let people live as they want, receive normal human protections as offered by good civil society, but keep your kinks and odd ideological religions to yourself and in private.
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

isha wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:32 pm The gender stereotyping is being promoted by the gender ideologues, not the gender critical people. The gender ideologues are really backward as they have weird ideas like what a child plays with or how a youth/ adult dresses indicates their gender. They have conflated gender with sex, also, so that your appearance, preoccupations, expressions etc indicates your actual sex. Which is so dumb I can't believe I deal with these people's opinions every day on social media. It's completely square and retrograde to decide what someone's sex is based on how they express themselves. Demanding gender neutral pronouns like they them, fae faer, xe xer, etc infinitum for oneself is also feeding into this daftness. Just wear what you like. But sex can't be changed.

If you think you have looked into this you really have not. There's a huge pit that seems bottomless. Babyfur. Adult baby diaper lovers. Transage. Transcanine. Trans species. I have read an account recently from a young woman who says she has sex with dogs and should be respected. The whole slippery slope.

My opinion is we go back to the place where the ground is solid. Sex is immutable. No one is in the wrong body. Putting on lipstick or a vest doesn't change your sex. Let people live as they want, receive normal human protections as offered by good civil society, but keep your kinks and odd ideological religions to yourself and in private.
I have looked into what those whom identify as they/them is about,as I didn't wanna overly comment on this thread, unless I known some vague idea/understanding of that's lads POV

Whomever is at fault as regards the pigeon-holing of people on sex/gendar on tradional or stereotypical positions.....it would seem obvious to me,a large % of kids are gonna reject it from either side (as it becomes divisive),and that they'll end up identifying as they/them not feeling belong in tradional stereotypes,and fundamentally I don't see any harm in it....think it's a waste of time like,but fundamentally those kids need have their speak on life and finding way through it,as it's them will end up running country eventually
"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players." - Jock Stein
isha
Verified Username

Post by isha »

Setanta wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:36 pm I have looked into what those whom identify as they/them is about,as I didn't wanna overly comment on this thread, unless I known some vague idea/understanding of that's lads POV

Whomever is at fault as regards the pigeon-holing of people on sex/gendar on tradional or stereotypical positions.....it would seem obvious to me,a large % of kids are gonna reject it from either side (as it becomes divisive),and that they'll end up identifying as they/them not feeling belong in tradional stereotypes,and fundamentally I don't see any harm in it....think it's a waste of time like,but fundamentally those kids need have their speak on life and finding way through it,as it's them will end up running country eventually
I get ya.

To be honest I don't give a damn how kids identify, look at the subcultures of EMOs and Goths, imagine if we had omnipresent social media then and we would have been subjected to endless low key apathetic emoting by introverted self harming pale faced teens about how shyte everything is and how they hate humans and the world. That's kids. Normal. Tinkering at the edges of culture. We don't as adults allow teens to dictate reality.

There are big issues at stake when the reality of sex is denied. Especially for females. The pronouns stuff feeds into it.
Jack The Stripper

He showed up to school today, according to the government drivel rte.
Hairy-Joe

Post by Hairy-Joe »

And for being so feckin' stupid to go back breaking the court order, he should be fired back into Mountjoy.

If you or I broke court order so brazenly, we'd be arrested.
Jack The Stripper

The parents of the they must have shat their panties